RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us! - Page 7 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:23 AM
emailed again

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:59 AM
RaRe5SpD wrote:Emailed and sent link to this thread.

haha, beat me to it, I was going to this morning.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:26 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
RaRe5SpD wrote:Emailed and sent link to this thread.

Good deal. I'm really interested, but since I don't have cash in hand yet I haven't emailed them. I've got to sell something before I can buy more goodies lol.

If they could get these in production and ready to go by the time everyone gets tax returns I'd say they'd sell really good.

i agree with you im in for them just dont have the cash at this exact moment

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:33 PM
We have a good while before they are ready for purchase so save up and email away.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:51 PM
Quote:

Sorry,

We still are researching the product.

We do not know if and even when they will be ready.

Thank you,

RacelndUS

I emailed them asking progress on the coilovers and they sent me this. I feel like theyre turning me down for a date.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:09 PM
yea keep bugging the sh.t out of the guys... piss em off.

great game plan.

100 emails from the same 5 people doesn't mean 'overwhelming interest'.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:56 PM
Haha,, i was thinking the same thing PJ ..probably change there e-mail

Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:46 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:yea keep bugging the sh.t out of the guys... piss em off.

great game plan.

100 emails from the same 5 people doesn't mean 'overwhelming interest'.

Yup. I emailed them when we were still on like page 2 and asked if they would manufacture a setup for the N body or just the N-body rear as it was an upgrade for our platforms and went into a little bit of detail.....they respectfully told me "no way, get hosed" for the N-body stuff. IMHO that's all I care about, I can get good products elsewhere, just looking for somebody to make a matching style of equipment for the J and N to do the IRS the way I want. But that will never happen and these guys wont do it either...no surprise there. I will continue down the custom TEIN build sheet route and get it that way.

I really hope it works out for you guys and I hope you don't piss them off or give false high hope of interest then they get hit with lack luster sales....everybody's gotta play fair, no new email accounts and fake names....that's all we need is to piss off aftermarket manufacturers to further distaste the platform.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:56 AM
What happened to those miracle STD coilovers?

Sure these are cheap, perfect for this community, but I'll be impressed if they bother.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:21 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:What happened to those miracle STD coilovers?

Sure these are cheap, perfect for this community, but I'll be impressed if they bother.

Yup, these would have been great 10 years ago, but now the platform is almost dead, hardly any will sell at this point.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:46 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:What happened to those miracle STD coilovers?

Yup, these would have been great 10 years ago, but now the platform is almost dead, hardly any will sell at this point.

the platform being dead has nothing to do with it.. I HATE WHEN YOU GUYS SAY THAT!

the first gen camaro was dead, the civic was dead, the 240 is dead, pontiac is dead, the original mini is dead, the prelude is dead, RSX, integra, firebird, and numerous other muscle/ sports/ econoboxes but guess what... people still mod them/ buy parts for them.

the problem is nobody is willing to put out the coin for quality parts. they'll sign up on the interest list or 'feeler' thread, but when it comes time to pay the bills, everyone runs away screaming.

I'll be getting another set of the R3s before long. I like them so much, I hated taking them off my daily driver to throw on the skwirl. Gonna have to buy another set now.

but the STD R3s... thats what happened joe... people signed up when they saw the camber plates in front and double ride height adjustability, but when it came time to fork over the cash everybody backed out.

chock it up to the economy, or the typical JBO community... the problem with the STD coilovers is they cost $$$$ and nobody is selling them used yet off their wrecked cavalier/ sunfire.

I'll have two cars lowered on them before long. better than tein IMO.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:52 PM
Yes it is a dead platform, but there are still a lot of people modding these cars, and just because a lot of people move on from the platform doesn't mean they aren't being replaced by new owners. There are tons of these cars out there. I'm sure there are still more than enough people looking for suspension setups, and with a full set of coilovers that are cheaper than most of the strut options I don't see why they wouldn't sell.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:41 PM
As an owner of a Beretta and a 3rd gen J, I can tell you which of the two truly is a dead platform. Though I don't like the term, as long as you're crazy about a car it's never dead.

I hope these guys make some coilovers as I'd like to try to find a company to make a front set for the 2nd gen j's and the L's. But the reality of the older cars getting a company to make a coilover is nonexistant. You guys still have the hope to get new stuff made just because there is a market full of existing parts. When there is nothing, nobody is willing to work with you - save small companies.

Just my 2 cents...

Depending on the price and the amount of ride height adjustability I would be in for a set of these Racelands.

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:00 AM
PJ, I'd like to know more about these STD's you have....lol

Anyway, while I don't have any experience with them and I do know there are better brands out there...TEIN SS does give a huge 'bang for the buck' factor. In that respect I don't think there is anything better out right now that could compete feature for feature and on price.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:18 AM
I loved my Tein's. However they lack the double height adjustability many seek.

B&G/Gravana's were crap in my opinion. However the B&G's on my 'balt get nothing but praise from me, I was skeptical after the Gravana's but that was a crap venture just as I had assumed. The dampening adjustment on these respond great, I have double height adjustability, and I opted for the solid pillow-ball mounts. A solid product.

DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:
the first gen camaro was dead, the civic was dead, the 240 is dead, pontiac is dead, the original mini is dead, the prelude is dead, RSX, integra, firebird, and numerous other muscle/ sports/ econoboxes but guess what... people still mod them/ buy parts for them.

the problem is nobody is willing to put out the coin for quality parts.

Nor do J's have the following the above do in terms of enthusiasts.

Goes hand in hand.

Friday, November 27, 2009 3:31 PM
any news on this?

my eibachs/stockers are about as blown as can be...lol

Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:17 PM
I take it weve given up.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:12 PM
Or we just have to face it that they were probly never gonna make them once they realized they wouldn't make money off em

Monday, December 14, 2009 3:24 AM
Neither, they need time to do their end of it no point in spamming the hell out of them. After new years I would say check back in with them.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:07 AM
It's a new year shoot them an email as a friendly reminder.

Quote:

Jeff,

We will look into offering other products for the Jbody models besides the possible coilovers.

We will put your recommended model on our list so that upper management can look into producing the items you are interested in.

If you could please have everyone that wants them send us an email to cs@racelandus.com

And if you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.

Thank you,

RacelandUS

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010 11:28 AM
freaking woot. they're gauging interest once again, hopefully this means by the new year they MAY be doing them. will be e-mailing later tonight or tomorrow.

Friday, January 15, 2010 3:49 PM
lots of businesses are not allowed to spend much money during the later half of the year.

its my guess that if this actually happens that is it because of the first quarter spending allotment.

basically means now that they can spend money, they can spend some on R&D of new products.

which means we are probably golden.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Friday, January 15, 2010 4:32 PM
Quote:

Thank you we have it on the list for customer requests we will add another mark to the list.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010 5:25 PM
I sent an emil showing interest just moments ago.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:32 PM
i wouldn't mind a set so i sent them an email also, i got this in response

Quote:

Thank you, we will add you to the sheet

Thank you,

Raceland USA

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search