RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us! - Page 8 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RacelandUS Coilovers..... They Need Us!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:17 PM
Good good lets hope this makes it further then just a list.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:35 PM
Just a little info, I emailed them a day or two ago and got this:

Thank you for your interest in Raceland products.

There has been some interest in the J-body application but do not have any plans of producing at this time. We will put your recommendation on the list so upper management can consider producing this item. If you know others interested please have them send an email to cs@racelandus.com. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

Doesn't look good. Oh well, we all will just have to give our money to someone else.
Friday, February 19, 2010 7:51 AM
This should be on the fist page.... whats it doing over here on page 2?

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:18 AM
I Sent them an email waiting for my reply

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:38 AM
Somebody should send them a link to this thread

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:41 AM
i'm sure someone has. several times.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:25 AM
i sent it to them a email and the link for the forum and this is their reply to my message

At this time we don't have anything in development, but we will put your recommendation on the list so upper management can consider producing this item. If you know others interested please have them send an email to cs@racelandus.com. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

me want make new coil-overs i kill you!!!!! dnt tell me you dnt have anything in development after all the emails i am sad now

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:25 AM
i sent it to them a email and the link for the forum and this is their reply to my message

At this time we don't have anything in development, but we will put your recommendation on the list so upper management can consider producing this item. If you know others interested please have them send an email to cs@racelandus.com. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

me want make new coil-overs i kill you!!!!! dnt tell me you dnt have anything in development after all the emails i am sad now

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:13 PM
this needs to die lol

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:28 PM
This smells like a Wilwood rear disc brake kit thread...... Somebody wake me up after they have sent the 'no, quit bothering us' email.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:36 AM
are we at the no quit bothering us stage?

Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:47 AM
haha i like my old sig .

Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:54 AM
i emailed them. i know it's kicking a dead horse but @!#$ it.
i was fairly thorough, and let them know that there was a good market available if they would be interested. i dunno, hopefully i get a response other than the same old song and dance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 25, 2010 10:39 AM

Saturday, December 25, 2010 6:00 PM
Man I'd totally run a set of those bad boys. It'd be awesome....

Depending on the e-mail you get blue, maybe I'll e-mail too.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:28 AM
Doesn't hurt to keep trying since I've been pretty much the only one pestering about them.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:41 AM
well right. i figure worst case scenario they say no.

best case scenario they ask me for a list of at least "x" amount of people ready and willing to buy and the jbo either put's up or shut's up. we shall see.....

i gotta believe if we can get, 20 or 25 members willing to buy we could get this thing going. that's alot of cash for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:44 AM

Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:40 AM
My j is done changing.......But this interests me.......

Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:08 PM
20 to 25? Good luck. Unless theyre going to produce them for dirt cheap I dont see it happening.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:21 PM
the rest of their coilover packages are right around 300 to 350. you wouldn't pay that for a full coilover setup if it's quality stuff?

that is dirt cheap compared to everything else available for j bodie's other than dropzone ebay @!#$.

i gotta believe we could get at least 20 members looking for a quality cheap suspension setup to get in on this. even if it's 400 bucks that's still several hundred cheaper than anything else. and since this is the .org cheap is king right?

that's right around ten grand right off the bat if 20 members sign up at 400 bucks. that's a hell of an earning for them if they can r+d them for a decent price before hand.

i don't see y we couldn't make this happen. as long as they like money (which who doesn't?) i don't know y they wouldn't do this if we could show enough interest. and at that price they'd still be selling ALOT of these setup's even after the initial 20 member buy or whatever it is. week after week newbs come on here asking for the best (but cheapest) setup available right? j's might not be made anymore but there's still new members signing up all the time, there's still alot of interest in these car's and like i said, i don't see y a company wouldn't want to step in and make some money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:26 PM

Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:58 PM
Because they dont stand to make that much money from it to be honest. Even at 20 units for $400 apiece thats only $8000 for them. Subtract the amount of time and money it takes to R&D a product and its not much profit. The reason their other products are so cheap is the amount of consistent business they do with the other car groups. The more they produce the lower the cost is. They have bigger fish to fry with the VW and Miata market. The J-body culture is tiny compared to that. We just simply arent worth their time at this point. Most of the suspension packages designed for the J's were made years ago and the companies only keep them around since theyve already made back their money from designing them and its almost pure profit to keep it around even if they sell one set a month.

I mean look at most Group Buys. Everyone is on-board until its time to put up the cash.

But if by some miracle you get through to them, I will put money down for it.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:15 AM
R&D is still questionable. This is a dead horse yes. but they wouldn't have to do much R&D for the j-body. they could use strut tube from another line and modify them for J's then just add some springs say 13KG front and 10kg rears it wouldn't be that much. i think the org would do a lot of r&d for them if they said they where willing to make these. and they became a sponser and posted an actual request.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:45 AM
NightmaresCavy wrote:R&D is still questionable. This is a dead horse yes. but they wouldn't have to do much R&D for the j-body. they could use strut tube from another line and modify them for J's then just add some springs say 13KG front and 10kg rears it wouldn't be that much. i think the org would do a lot of r&d for them if they said they where willing to make these. and they became a sponser and posted an actual request.

Someone should tell them this in an email... I would but my keyboard is screwed, and even typing this is very frustrating
Friday, December 31, 2010 6:35 AM
wishes... hopes...

but does not expect

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:18 AM
Just saw this, I know If they did, i would be in for at least two sets, even at 400 a pop, It would be that much for anything else for just one car. So like BBR said, Wishes, hopes, but does not expect

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:32 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Just saw this, I know If they did, i would be in for at least two sets, even at 400 a pop, It would be that much for anything else for just one car. So like BBR said, Wishes, hopes, but does not expect

Me too, I'd buy 2 sets.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search