How many miles do you have on your ECOtec - Page 8 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How many miles do you have on your ECOtec
Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:33 AM
60,000 as of last night and no major probs yet , let's just pray it stays that way.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:41 AM
1,382 on my 05

it's already been to the drag strip twice

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:11 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:02 ls sport 32k miles.

so that was in November of 04. Today March of 06. I have 41k miles....

9k miles in 17 months....about 600 miles a month

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:27 AM
my moms got a 04 with the 5 speed, shes at about 77,000 now now problems besides the abs light stays on
Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:31 PM
04 Auto- Will hit 20,000 today.
Saturday, March 04, 2006 6:33 PM
mines an 03, with just under 30k miles, no probles at all. amazing since i put all but 14 miles on it

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:35 AM
41000 nothing yet

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:05 AM
Generally it's rare anything will ever happen while your mileage is low generally they wait until the higher mileage like 75 or 100,000 before they really become a pain
Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:07 AM
Actually let me retract that previous statement they become a pain depending on how good you are on the upkeep, if your on time with all the maintenance and have esp when it comes to cars you're more than likely never going to have problem one it's those that are laxadazical and think the car will take care of itself that usually have the probs later on
Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:29 PM
I put 65K on an 02 Ecotec. No problems but the car did stall one or two times during ownership. It was an auto. I sold the car and it has over 90 on it. The people haven't claimed any problems.

I put 45K on a 96 2.4 auto and the timing chain broke. The same motor now has 83K and is having a lot of problems. Had to replace the 02 sensors and the exhaust is now faulty. Making a lot of valvetrain noise.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:08 PM
I am almost at 60,000 on my 03 Cavalier, and my fuel pump just took a shyte on me this morning.

Other then that I haven't had any problems at all...

Oh wait, the upper right speedometer bulb needs a love smack to light up.

And under heavy deceleration and even some WOT turns the PS Pump shytes out on me and sounds like ABS.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:45 AM
Kross i just passed 60,000 on my 04 hopefully nothing like what you've experienced will happen to me i think our cars have electric fuel pumps do they not i still owe another 13 grand on mine so nothing better go wrong with it lol
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:25 PM
i seen a 04 LS with, 155k, i never drove the car or i dont knwo the person i just sall it for sale in the buy and sell, i guess the poor car never stoped lol

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:32 PM
Haron if he bought it brand new off the showroom floor in 04 and it already has that many miles on it he must have put over 10,000 miles a year or more on it
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:15 PM
ummmm, ok den, whatever you mean by that but heres the link have a look the cav is sliver and its a coupe. go to page 2 and its the 1st car on the right. its pretty funny to see that many kms on a 04

http://www.canadianautosource.com/browse_cars.php

What the deuce?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:25 PM
Ok Haren what do you mean what do i mean by that do the math you figure you said the car was an 04 it's only 2 yrs old a 2 yr old car with 155,000 miles on it doesn't that seem like he pretty much drove the living s*** out of it
Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:14 PM
ok.... for one, its HARON!! not haren... like wdf, and i know he drive the living @!#$ out of it, i just wanted to post it because i though it was pretty nuts. and its km's. o rly? rly!

What the deuce?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:34 PM
Haron Haren same difference you just wanted to post it because you thought it was pretty nuts more like your pretty nuts what a stupid post a 2 yr old car with 155,000 miles on it. Gee someone drove the crap out of their car let's post it on here as if anyone really gives a rip
Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:41 PM
Oh wow i put 155,000 miles instead of kilometers you going to make a big production out of that too LMAO
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:46 PM
Haron i want to apologize if i sounded like i was giving you a hard time the other night i was a little tired and hadn't had a whole lot of sleep. I see your point about that car with 155,000 kms on it i just hope my car holds up that long .
Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:12 AM
its ok, but latey some ppl have been giving me a hard time, i dont know what i am doing wrong... but anyway i accpet your apologly(how ever you spells it) and ill think twice before i post things....

What the deuce?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:44 AM
Your Not doing anything wrong Haron and you don't need to think twice before posting things if you find something fascinating or interesting go ahead and post it that's what the site is here for J body lovers and all their friends. it's my fault anyway i shouldn't have made such snide remarks like that but as i said i was tired at the time and sometimes when i am tired i get irritable it's all good.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:03 PM
Niteowl wrote:Kross i just passed 60,000 on my 04 hopefully nothing like what you've experienced will happen to me i think our cars have electric fuel pumps do they not i still owe another 13 grand on mine so nothing better go wrong with it lol

Yes Nightowl our cars do have electric fuel pumps located in the gas tank.

And the Power Steering thing is quite common, at least from what I've seen it is.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:03 PM
Yeah someone suggested to me awhile back i get a power steering flush back around 42,000 or so i didn't though because i figured they were trying to talk me into something i didn't need, plus i have seen people on the org here occasionally saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. So far i haven;t had any leaks or anything yet and i'm at about 60,700 or so now
Monday, March 13, 2006 11:29 AM
flush? mom and dad had a sunbird 92, and they never lol, should i do mine i got 84k on my car now

What the deuce?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search