How many miles do you have on your ECOtec - Page 9 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How many miles do you have on your ECOtec
Monday, March 13, 2006 11:32 AM

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:36 PM
um rk since that pic of yours is of a cobalt and not a cavalier cobalts aren't really J bodies are they i thought J bodies were exclusively cavaliers sunfires buick skyhawks etc didn't know Gm is continuing the J body line with the cobalt
Monday, March 13, 2006 12:50 PM
My friends Cav (his work car) now has 212,000 miles!

Not bad for a 03 sedan...

He hasn't had to replace too much yet either...always a good thing...

ours haven't even hit 25k yet...

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:08 PM
Dave you raise an interesting point here this friend of yours or whatever you say he has 212,000 miles on his J. My question for you is did he pretty much baby it from the second he took ownership of it or has he more or less abused it to no end and please dave correct me if i am wrong but seems to me if your not easy on something a car for example and don't baby it the odds of it going that far or lasting that long are dramatically decreased right.
Monday, March 13, 2006 3:14 PM
I have 10,560 miles on my new ecotec

my old 2200 engine had 28,000 miles on it

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:42 PM
Niteowl wrote:Dave you raise an interesting point here this friend of yours or whatever you say he has 212,000 miles on his J. My question for you is did he pretty much baby it from the second he took ownership of it or has he more or less abused it to no end and please dave correct me if i am wrong but seems to me if your not easy on something a car for example and don't baby it the odds of it going that far or lasting that long are dramatically decreased right.

Hmm...well, that is a good question.

His cav sees about 90 percent highway miles, so that alone helped the engine (among
other things) last a little longer.

He doesn't really baby it (though it does get treated to Mobil 1) , he does drive the car with common sense, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't get abused....

To make a car last that long, it takes two things: care of the simple stuff, and of course, luck...

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:49 PM
Niteowl wrote:um rk since that pic of yours is of a cobalt and not a cavalier cobalts aren't really J bodies are they i thought J bodies were exclusively cavaliers sunfires buick skyhawks etc didn't know Gm is continuing the J body line with the cobalt

I've had two j-bodies.

The thread is titled "how many miles do you have on your ecotec" in which case my vehicle applies.

Such sarcasm isn't necessary on this site.

It is great to see alot of high mileage ecotecs it goes to show how greatly designed the powerplant truly is.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:27 PM
true it may apply in regards to the fact that it has an ecotec engine but that's the only regards it applies in Lmao a cobalt on a J body site heck if your going to go that far with it why not just rename this site the ecotec site or something
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:30 PM
Dave you say your friend didn't really abuse his car and drove it with decency and common Sense, wonder if the same can be said for many other J body owners particularly the ones that love to track and street race their cars Lmao
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:37 PM
Niteowl wrote:true it may apply in regards to the fact that it has an ecotec engine but that's the only regards it applies in Lmao a cobalt on a J body site heck if your going to go that far with it why not just rename this site the ecotec site or something

Im not the one going far with this, you reply with yet another sarcastic response which shows how immature you truly are.

The post asked simply how many miles were on your ecotec, which I responded.

Laughing about a cobalt on a j-body site, and what's this about renaming the site?

I have been a respected j-body member for years owning a few of them myself, and I frequently post and visit in this site as I have for years for the love and commitment I have for the j-body platform. Many previous j-owners that have moved to cobalts still visit this site, my roots and passion started with the j-body platform.

Be respectful or don't say anything at all.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:51 PM
someone merely states their opinion and that's immature and going too far who the hell do u think you are God.

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:20 PM
Niteowl wrote:someone merely states their opinion and that's immature and going too far who the hell do u think you are God.

No but I will tell you what going to far is.

After your last post was made you contacted me on AOL using constant profanity clearly just looking to stir up trouble. I can't even repost it for all of the profanity you had used. You get extremely upset for someone posting ecotec mileage in a forum post which asks simply that.

Then I block your SN, so you make a new SN and keep firing at me. Your opinion was not immature, but the way you expressed it and your behavior after the fact most certainly was. Now this isn't the end of the world so let it go buddy. I have been posting here for years and will continue to do so for I love the j-body platform.

Sorry JBO.

Back to the topic, I know alot of people on here have driven their cars pretty hard and for the motors to still perform smoothly at high mileage is good news indeed. GM definitely did their homework with the ecotec. Track results and the way the motors react to mods clearly demonstrate this.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:28 AM
First of all no one is trying to get rid of you, second driven them hard yes into the ground no there is a difference you can argue or debate the point till the day you die and it will be proven time and again if you don't take care of your car it will break down on you. if you street race and stuff a lot that wears out tires quicker. If you corner real hard etc that wears out your front end , the engine to be smooth as glass after 200,000 miles well duh it was made to be that way even the old chevy brochures before the cavy was discontinued say that.
Monday, May 01, 2006 1:36 PM
I just hit 99,900 today. Only 100 to go until 100,000

Monday, May 01, 2006 2:08 PM
haha..bringin it back from the dead..got my car last in August of 04 and have right around 19K..still runnin strong..

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:04 PM
I thought I posted in a thread similar to this before but oh well here goes...

I'm pushing close to 62,500 in my 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier. I've had her from the beginning and she's been pretty much babied. Maintenence has been done when it should be and I've never skipped a beat. The one thing I haven't done that I probably should do is switched to a synthetic based oil, but for now, I'm still using that Castro Oil stuff the Chevy dealership dumps in when I have my car serviced. I've had a couple major and minor things go wrong with my car including a bad fuel pump, bad o2 sensor, blown resistor motor, recall on the taillights (kept blowing every couple weeks). Now that I'm working from home and not making the 75 mile round trip trek to and from work each day, she is getting less miles put on her now, which I'm pretty sure she's happy about
Monday, May 01, 2006 6:38 PM
ive had my car for just about six months and put over 20 thousand miles on it, im pushing close to 65 thousand miles now and from the day i got my car i drove her hard and ive had no problems yet... well just a few things but nothing major all problems due to how hard i drive

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:15 PM
yeah, i try and baby mine also but can't say i'm perfect at it i'm at about 64,500 or so right now so far no major probs other than an occasional cold start prob but i think i have that figured out.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:23 PM
65,000 km on it and its my third year with it in August.

I dont drive like I used to when I was at my old job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Car Specs
Friday, May 05, 2006 7:58 AM
my '99 just hit 272,000 mile mark last week still the original stock 2.2 and 3 speed aut0 man these engines run forever when taken care of
Friday, May 05, 2006 7:59 AM
crap i posted in the wrong thread please delete/disregard this message

Friday, May 05, 2006 8:10 AM
57,000 miles autocrossed 1-2x a month, no problems engine related, had to have the fogs and headlights rewired around 28,000 (they just went out...)

-Chris

Saturday, May 06, 2006 3:46 PM
20,500 hardly even broken in

Monday, May 08, 2006 9:43 AM
Well I hit 100,000 on friday

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:19 AM
2004 Cavalier LS with 12,109 as of today...still going strong...

now even better with all my bolt-ons!

Silver Stripey makes your Day!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search