Anyone here actually interested in high end audio? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone here actually interested in high end audio?
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:56 PM
Alright guys, I want to put a feeler post out here before putting a lot of effort into being a full blown vendor for the forum. And YES this will be a long winded post

Basically, I authorized to do forum and local sales for some very nice high end brands through a dealer I've been dealing with for years. I'm not out to steal his customers, nor am I going to try and sell anywhere he already does.... I'm bringing customers in of my own. I've always given advice, and even helped him get sales through people here and other places. Well it's to the point where I am handling the sales that I get 100%. This does a couple things: 1. It takes out a lot of the footwork and time when someone wants price quotes(I can do that on the fly now, with no time to put in the quote request... I generate them now). And 2. Allows you guys to get brands that not only are more money elsewhere, but also are from an authorized dealer that includes full factory warranties. AND 3. Allows you to get into brands that you can't get anywhere else. There happens to not be another dealer in North America for some of these brands, and I want to offer them up to you guys!

I want to get some serious opinions on if you would or would not be interested. Although these are higher end brands, there are still options for anyone looking to just drop in some replacement speakers.

ANYWAY, if this might tickle someone's fancy, just a few brands to mention quick would be: Zapco, Rainbow, Morel, Micro Precision and Dynaudio. There are others, but that will all come up at a per-inquiry basis. Right now I want to see what kind of interest there is here, and let you know that Rainbow prices are insanely good Not that the other's aren't, but Rainbow is the one I focus on most.

Let me know, fools!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.

Re: Anyone here actually interested in high end audio?
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:03 PM
Let me know when you can get hybrid audio and I'm in

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:10 PM
No no, I said real brands. Ooooooo sick burn lol. Sorry but, we don't carry Hybrid. Any other requests? Dyn.... Rainbow.... Tru Technologies.... Genesis.... Maybe Micro Precision? Howabout Brax? Helix? Why must you NEED Hybrid? uber lame lol.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:15 PM
Well I've got everything I need already, and then some

But their tweeters are so shiny

Good luck with this venture. Can't think of a better vendor to sell here.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:18 PM
Thanks a ton man. I don't know if you are talking about me or the guy I work for, but still thanks lol.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:25 PM
Zapco? Reallyyyyyyy.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:45 PM
What about RE? Focal? Hertz?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:51 PM
Sorry none of those brands. Are you 100% stuck to them? What are you looking into in particular? With Morel, Dyn, Rainbow and Micro Precision, why would we need more speaker brands such as Focal and Hertz? Nothing against them, I just don't happen to sell them. BUT I do have plenty of brands that can please most anyone, so if interested, toss me some info on what ya want out of your audio products, and I'll see what I can do for ya!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:54 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Zapco? Reallyyyyyyy.

Yes. Really. Anything you are interested in? Anything you are ACTUALLY interested in, not just dreaming of

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:59 PM
Not right now. Id have to sell off my current amps to fund one and I poor right now.

But you did hook me up on several items so I wish you luck in your endeavors. If I need anything Ill get ahold of you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:04 PM
im down i was just about to buy all new system including replacing my factorys speakers and head unit but if you got some good prices ill deff go through you

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:30 PM
Well, what are you looking for, and what kind of budget? All the details on what you plan to do, and anything else you want to give will help. I want to make sales, but I also want to make sure you get into what will work best for ya.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:36 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
I want to get some serious opinions on if you would or would not be interested.!

not really interested in buying them online mainly. Plus a friend of mine is a manager at the local AV shop and can hook me up there and if I have any issues, take it to them. no shipping or over the phone troubleshooting involved. Not to mention they offer 0% financing if I decided I wanted to aftermarket. Which ill probably do this spring some time.

So far I've been quoted about $1400 without install and ill likely go that route.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:41 PM
Alright man. I won't ever argue with deals like that. Not here to fight, or step on toes. Just offer the option. Just curious though, for $1400, what products are you going with? $1400 on product alone, with a good hook up, is either some high end stuff, or a lot of stuff lol.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:10 PM
Alpine Type X reference
http://www.audioplaygroundsf.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=149/prd149.htm

Alpine PDX5
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500PDX5/Alpine-PDX-5.html?tp=115

Alpine W404
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C0P37G/ref=pe_54780_18396660_pe_vfe_t1

All the amp and speaker wire I need, dynomat for doors, GM Interface module, Install kit for deck.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:15 PM
im actually wanting to redo my audio system this spring/summer im a college student so not a lot of money haha but you were gonna be the first person i ask to get me some rainbow components and amps and eventually that subwoffer haha soo yea im deff interested
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:21 PM
Good to hear.

And Vince, I won't argue with ya. BUT I will say PDX amps are finicky(first gen was at least), and power hungry like any regulated power supply is going to be.

And I hope your hook up price is good, because for $400 I could get you into some very very nice speakers. Nothing bad about Type-X EXCEPT the price. Do they sound decent? Damn right... but at that price, you could get into something like the Micro Precision 3-series, Rainbow SAC's, or maybe even Rainbow Germaniums. Alpine and JL Audio pricing seems to be their biggest downfall, because they both sell decent products.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:26 PM
the pdx5 im looking at is not the first gen. we made sure of that. they dont even stock 1st gens any more.

and like i said, im a fan of alpine, im a fan of local sales or troubleshooting. and the reference speakers have the new neomodium (sp> magnets which make them smaller and lighter as well. I wont have to pull the stereo to race considering the weight of the whole system is under 50#

Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:57 AM
sundown is highend in my opinion

good luck man, its not an easy world to sell audio in...

click sig for my car audio videos
Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:19 AM
I'm not sure how many orders you would get on this forum. Most people here are very tight with their money. If your not worried about volume, I would say its a great idea.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:26 AM
lemur hit it on the head. your looking at maybe 5-10 people here that would coniser high end gear and actually be able to afford it and purchase it. so if you want to branch our more power to you. id just make sure you hit up more sites. maybe some higher end car sites where people have the money to buy quality gear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:28 AM
I dont think hes doing this as his primary job just as something to help out folks since he enjoys the audio scene and helping people find things theyre looking for.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:23 AM
Anton- if sundown is high end to you, it just shows how deep into spl and out of touch with higher sound quality you are :p :p

Lemur and jason- you may be right, but like poopdick said, this isn't my primary means of income. I am offering this on more than one site, but I don't need high volumes of sales. I've always helped people here, and have helped a few people get nice gear. I now just have a much easier way of continuing to do that.

Also keep in mind, its not all super high prices. I have plenty of entry level components and coaxials available from these companies that will blow the quality of any big box brand, and still compete in price.

A good example would be the Rainbow KX 5.25 coaxials I am helping a friend get into. Right around $100 for them. Or the marine 6.5" speakers for $110 a pair. Just because a brand is reguarded as higher tier, doesn't mean they don't offer budget priced stuff.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:52 AM
Dustin - you should know that the majority of the people here want entry level stuff from the local shop and they think it wangs. I mean look at me!

Vince - I'd steer away from the type-x subs. They had spider and surround separation problems, and they really don't sound all that good. I'd go type R myself if you're set on Alpine.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:02 AM
I wish you the best with the sales,Great line up of product, For SQ people..If I was not done with my system I would buy from you.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search