Speaker Adapters - Page 4 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Speaker Adapters
Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:17 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

He did them by hand, and I'm very impressed with that. You basically have a 5X7 plate(so there shouldn't be any gaps) with the 6.5" mounting circle. First set done, the rest will be done with a router so they will be slightly smoother looking, but the same basic thing. Who wants in so I can get an order in with him and how many to make.

for some reason i thought they would be more involved then that. i just picked up dome 6.5s yesterday and going to make some adapters today.ppl stop being lazy it will only require very basic wood working skills

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:27 AM
Not everyone has wood working tools, and not everyone has the desire to get any. I've been doing car audio for years and don't plan on having saw dust or table saws or routers messing up my garage, so I still outsource. Its not always just laziness.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:00 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Not everyone has wood working tools, and not everyone has the desire to get any. I've been doing car audio for years and don't plan on having saw dust or table saws or routers messing up my garage, so I still outsource. Its not always just laziness.

yah i made them today. was not the most fun thing a i have ever done but they came out alright. doens't really have to look good as they are behind the door panel
Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:06 PM
Yeah that's why I told him to go ahead and make them without the router. They don't need to be perfect. BUT, the router is fixed so he can not only make all the lines exactly right and the same, they can be hammered out in bulk real fast if needed.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:01 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Yeah that's why I told him to go ahead and make them without the router. They don't need to be perfect. BUT, the router is fixed so he can not only make all the lines exactly right and the same, they can be hammered out in bulk real fast if needed.

ya the way i did mine they couldn't be hammered out really quick. took my about 3-3.5 hours of messing around trying to get it to work properly. They still need a bit of trimming but my dremmel died so it will have to wait
Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:47 PM
Quote:

for some reason i thought they would be more involved then that. i just picked up dome 6.5s yesterday and going to make some adapters today.ppl stop being lazy it will only require very basic wood working skills

that's my man ..
i made my own rings and adapters, it only takes half an hour if that and all you need is a router (or a jigsaw) and a table saw or any saw for that matter
2 hands and a tiny portion of brain
how lazy are the ppl indeed..
Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:58 PM
Again, like I said(you read the whole thread, not just what you want, right??), not everyone HAS a table saw, router, or other wood working tools, and have no desire to buy those tools in order to make rings that would cost $20-30 to buy pre-made. ALSO, some people like myself DO do their own work but still don't like sawdust and wood scraps etc. It's not always laziness dude.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:34 AM
I am one of those people that don't have wood working skills. So I bought these

Got them last night at my front door. I should be installing this afternoon.

Thank you very much JL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 26, 2011 4:35 AM

Friday, August 26, 2011 11:13 AM

Glad they got there ok! Sorry I let u spend 25 bucks on something u needed instead of making you spend a few hundred on wood working tools so u could say "built not bought" about every small part. I guess that's what everyone is supposed to do

Hey guys, next time I have something I can offer up to the community, ill just keep it to myself and tell everyone else to make their own. Apparently that's how its supposed to be.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:17 PM
y is it a big deal that somebody bought a quality made product off of a good member on here instead of hackjobbing something themselves? some people have no interest in certain types of work. i for instance, have no desire to ever fiberglass anything. ever. so should i not have any custom audio work done to my car then because i have no interest in learning to fiberglass?

grow up.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:52 PM
blucavvy wrote: a good member on here

Thanks for the reach-around, but next time can ya at least finish me off with a "coolest @!#$ to ever hit the face of the earth" or "makes, sells, installs, and drives nothing but the best because he's just that baller"? Come on, give me a good climax man.

I kid, I kid

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:13 PM
Lol

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:22 PM
When would another set of these be available? I got the money if you have a paypal adress for me.
Friday, August 26, 2011 8:23 PM
Let me start a new thread and work up some interest. Going to see if I can just have him bang out a run of them all at once. Also, I want to wait for Hardcore's set to get installed and get some criticism from him for any possible tweaks before running a bunch at once.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:20 AM
I didn't get a chance to install today. I've also got plans tomorrow so Sunday looks like the day. But I will def post about them when they get installed.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:11 PM
hey jl, you want to go on and help the man install the adapters? after all not everyone is qualified to do that as good as you..
Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:14 PM
Andrey B wrote:hey jl, you want to go on and help the man install the adapters? after all not everyone is qualified to do that as good as you..

Hey Andrey, want to stop posting stupid comments in topics you have nothing to do with?
Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:27 PM
or what?
Sunday, August 28, 2011 5:58 AM
Seriously dude, what the @!#$ IS your problem? You don't know the meaning of "high end" so you bash me for recommending Rainbow to a guy who previously only knew to look at RF, MTX, and DUAL. (BTW, "hits harder, gets louder" does not equal "higher end"). And now you come in here to bash me for offering speaker rings to people who would rather not buy the tools and take their time to make them. I seriously don't get why you have an issue with any of this. For someone who calls me "kid", you sure have a lot of growing up to do.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:23 AM
Audrey, seriously, GTFO. You have nothing to say in regards to this subject. Just FYI, Im pretty decent at audio installs. Like stated, Im not good at woodwork. So shut the f*** up. JL did me a major favor by having these made. And Im sure others who get these will appreciate it as much as me.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:56 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:. Just FYI, Im pretty decent at audio installs. Like stated, Im not good at woodwork. .

LOL, you - good at audio installs?? you made my day dude, if you can't cut a hole in wood then you should focus more on milking cows and not do car audio you pissa @!#$

Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:00 AM
Andrey B wrote:
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:. Just FYI, Im pretty decent at audio installs. Like stated, Im not good at woodwork. .

LOL, you - good at audio installs?? you made my day dude, if you can't cut a hole in wood then you should focus more on milking cows and not do car audio you pissa @!#$

Can we get this guy kicked from JBO or something? so far I have only seen him try to help someone once, other than that its random babble and putting down people who are actually trying to help others and themselves. I'm good at installing audio too, but i don't have a router to cut a hole? you gonna be pissy at me for that? its not like were highschool kids that get their stereo's installed at bestbuy with daddy's money. the majority of the people here do their own work, build their own stuff. some people just don't have the need to buy a garage full of woodworking tools for a system they plan to keep/use for a long time. I know when I do my next install I won't be cutting the wood for my own box.

You really need to learn your place here, if you want to move up in the ranks here (so to say) you need to stop posting up stupid comments and putting people down. Its that or shut up and leave cause otherwise nobody is going to listen to you.
Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:15 AM
Jordan wrote:
Andrey B wrote:

Can we get this guy kicked from JBO or something? so far I have only seen him try to help someone once, other than that its random babble and putting down people who are actually trying to help others and themselves. I'm good at installing audio too, but i don't have a router to cut a hole? you gonna be pissy at me for that? its not like were highschool kids that get their stereo's installed at bestbuy with daddy's money. the majority of the people here do their own work, build their own stuff. some people just don't have the need to buy a garage full of woodworking tools for a system they plan to keep/use for a long time. I know when I do my next install I won't be cutting the wood for my own box.

You really need to learn your place here, if you want to move up in the ranks here (so to say) you need to stop posting up stupid comments and putting people down. Its that or shut up and leave cause otherwise nobody is going to listen to you.

*Post removed due to offensive language*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:33 PM
Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:32 PM
This has been taken care of...

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:11 PM
Sorry for the slacking. Got them installed today.

Ok on to my review. The speakers fit flawlessly into the adapters. The problem was the adapters need to be longer so they line up with predrilled factory holes for the mounting screws. Not sure if that is possible. Dont get me wrong, I am 100% satisfied with the adapters I got. Just a suggestion for future pieces, if thats possible.

It took me literally less than five minutes to drill holes into the adapters and then drill into the door. I didnt have to cut the door up or anything.

Mine were just a bit took thick. Maybe by a centimeter or two. To get the door panel back on was a little tight. Again, not unhappy. Im very VERY satisfied. But I guess since Im the test mule Im giving my review. I didnt take a pic but the door panel is back on and fits perfect.

Sound quality is amazing. The difference between the crappy facotry 4x6's and higher quality 6.5's is night and day.

These were a great investment. Hell everyone else in town want upwards of $80 to install. I got these $25. Well worth it and I highly recommend whoever wants to install 6.5inch speakers in their doors to get these adapters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:04 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search