Speaker Adapters - Page 5 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Speaker Adapters
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:02 PM
Glad ur happy with them. I'm going to see if I can snag a factory speaker/bracket from a cav the next time I'm at the junk yard. That way we can make the template identical in outer shape/size. Maybe, we'll see.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:06 PM
not sure if you saw, i edited my last post. added a few more comments.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:16 PM
objectively speaking here... All of my 4x6s were taken out due to moisture from failed window seals... how do you think the wood would hold up in a moist environment? (i haven't read through the 5 pages to see if this has been asked) ... I am interested in these at some point...

EDIT: JL: i do recommend re-upping your premium before selling any more over JBO... =)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:19 PM

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:11 PM
Mystic, Im not sure. I will say that my factory speakers didnt have any moisture damage. I will keep an eye on it though.

I live in Charlotte, NC so I wouldnt consider this a moist environment, such as South Florida with the humidity and all.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:31 PM
im in virginia beach... we usually maintain 70% humidity...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:56 PM
Yeah I keep doing it month to month and forgetting until I run out of posts.... I've been here how long and spent how much on premium stuff? Cut a guy a break??

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:46 PM
hah well i did only mention something here... vs a forum warning or a ban or something... =P

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:44 PM
I'm wondering what my current (crappy pvc plastic) adapters have for mounting holes and thicknesses. I have only had mine off to change out speakers once and they looked as if they were thicker and had an angle to them.... But then again they were crappy and it was actually two different brands/types of adapters for each door.

Also wondering when/if I get these should they be siliconed into the doors like sealed from the adapter to the door sheetmetal? I know my plastic ones had some clear silicone helping hold them on.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:21 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:objectively speaking here... All of my 4x6s were taken out due to moisture from failed window seals... how do you think the wood would hold up in a moist environment? (i haven't read through the 5 pages to see if this has been asked) ... I am interested in these at some point...

EDIT: JL: i do recommend re-upping your premium before selling any more over JBO... =)

Whenever I make them I make sure to coat them heavily in paint. This keeps the water out.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:58 AM
dizamm. i may have to get some of these

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:17 PM
Use truck bed liner to keep the water off the panels. My passenger side sucked up a bunch of water a long while ago.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:47 PM
Are any of these still available?

I'm looking to finally replace my dead stockers with some 6.5s I've had for about 10 years.........
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search