New $650 Toy :) - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New $650 Toy :)
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:07 PM
i apologize..........

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:29 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote: What HP is offering is the ability to ADD a 2-bar MAP to our 1 bar systems, with their software....... if we already have the 2 bar, we're half way there.

I don't think so. I think they're only supporting a 2-bar setup for programs that are already made for 2-bar from GM. That's why they're only supporting it on the 00-02 LD9's and 03+ Ecotecs. They don't program in the support. They're simply allowing you to edit the parameters in the existing program that already supports the 2-bar map.

This is why if anyone wants to use a 3-bar map they'll have to basically fake the support by manipulating the fuel tables accordingly. They'll just have larger increments between the settings.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:35 PM
Quote:

Why wait? Once the 2 bar OS is released, its a simple update/down load for it....... so why wait?

Because I don't know if we can flash the 2bar OS onto a 99 computer. I am definitely buying the software regardless, but I don't want to use the credits to tune my 99 PCM, then have to swap to a 00-02 PCM

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:00 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote: What HP is offering is the ability to ADD a 2-bar MAP to our 1 bar systems, with their software....... if we already have the 2 bar, we're half way there.

I don't think so. I think they're only supporting a 2-bar setup for programs that are already made for 2-bar from GM. That's why they're only supporting it on the 00-02 LD9's and 03+ Ecotecs. They don't program in the support. They're simply allowing you to edit the parameters in the existing program that already supports the 2-bar map.

Thats true..... I was thinking of it from a V8 stand point (GM has no factory S/C or Turbo Gasoline V8s) Maybe with the 2bar support, they will include the S/C reflash as a downloadable program, so we no longer have to go to the dealership to reflash (the only way I do it is to flash it to a '02 S/C Z24 VIN)

I guess I will have to scan the Reflashed PCM I have here, to see what the HPT sees. HPT has yet to recieve a copy of the file, so as far as we know, it could read it just fine.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:20 AM
speed send them your reflashed pcm , if that will help them

if i had the cash right now id be all over 1 , just to turn my idle up a couple hundred rpm

im tired of the stalling when the a/c is off , dam s/c

LOL

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:10 PM
Hi all,

I'll try to answer everything in one post

Our boards are made by QualPro (certainly not a backyard operation), i think this should allay any concerns in regards to quality. http://www.qual-pro.com/quality.htm

In regards to the Pactec cases, we wanted something that was small, cheap and of reasonable quality. These things aren't meant for heavy duty or harsh environment use so that case looks great and serves the purpose just fine. The label is a custom that incorporates membrane switches for the MPVI Pro.

The 4cyl code base, file structure and flash process is totally different to the V8 and V6 code we currently support and required pretty much a total start from scratch. I can tell you that it certainly isn't as elegant or well structured as the V8 code and reminds me a lot of the earlier 16 bit code used on the LT1 etc. The only similar code is the transmission control which is mostly generic across all later GM platforms.

Now for the the 2bar support. Once i get a few of the GM s/c calibrations I will do a few things.
1) we will support them for those who have them loaded by GM
2) we will allow full reflash capability for those who are confident this will work on similar or same vehicles under our existing write entire process. This requires that you are licensed for both the PCM you are writing to and the file you are writing with. (ie. you cannot become a mail order tuner with a $99 single vehicle license).
3) I will look at what GM has done to make the 2bar actually function and if it can be applied to existing PCMs using calibration changes then we will add whatever is necessary for you to do it yourself.

I've said a few times on our forum that the high speed fuel control on most of these cars is done using TPS (not MAP) and hence my interest in what GM has actually done here to make it work. In the short term we will NOT be offerring 2/3 bar support (custom operating systems) like we do for the LS1 V8. This may change in time depending on demand of course.

I hope you guys have some fun with our product and it removes some of the shackles you have been forced to work around over the years! I know at least that there is a new answer to to the "how do i remove the speedlimiter" question

Cheers,

Chris...
Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:44 PM
hey chris is there anything i can do to help you out with the 00-02 sc 2bar , and hopefully after this weekend , the 03-05 eco s/c program

i do plan on getting the stuff , but money is a bit tight

but if you wanna send me someting to take a copy of the pcm , in mine and the g/fs eco , and i can send them back you

anything to help everyone out

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:37 PM
Chris P------> i would hope that this does a lot more than just take care of the speed limiter for $650........ !!!!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:41 PM
let me apologize before i get yelled at.
I'm not knocking it at all, of course i'll be getting one, theres no doubt about it.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:50 PM
*sighs* it'll do alot more, check out the other posts, shifted's posts, hptuner forum, (general or I4 tuning --> pcm tuning on ecotec), you can literally almost reprogram your PCM, this thing is a steal for 650, it is taking priority over my koni yellows

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:50 PM
indeed. time for you to get out of this thread and start reading some of the others. it does a hell of a lot more than remove the stupid speed limiter. *sighs again*

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:27 PM
Chris, thank you....... thats alot of usefull info.

buzz122 wrote:Chris P------> i would hope that this does a lot more than just take care of the speed limiter for $650........ !!!!

actually..... you can do that with the $500 version.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:49 PM
98redcavz24 -------> i know you can do a lot more with it, it was more of a sarcastic remark........

And theres a hell of a lotta pages to go through, where it was talking about, " is it done yet ? " " available yet ?"............

Theres also a $500 version ? whats that about ??

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:52 PM
Yeah all those pages are same questions you are asking, if you go read through all the pages you won't have to ask anymore questions. Plain and simple. All your doing is adding more pages for other people to sift through. HPTUNERS.COM It literally would take you 5 seconds to find the answer to the last question.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:02 PM
Holly crap....... i felt like i was asking pretty legitamate questions, but i guess not, and everyone just wants to jump on me for it..........
isn''t that what a forum like this is suposed to be for ??? but whatever, i'll get the hell outta here, so i'm not infringing on anyone, stepping on anyone's toes or just plain filling up space ......

Shifted ---------> congatulations on your toy, and good luck with it !!!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:30 PM
Check out the HP Tuners FAQ in the performance forum for the differences between the $500 version and the $650 one.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 31, 2006 11:59 AM
does this support ecos lol i thought there was a arguement a while back that they havent done ecos yet.... let me know i hope its true i want one

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:47 PM
Chris, can you drop by the other thread in the Performance forum and answer some of the outstanding questions there?

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=350503&t=350503&start=25

That'll be the better place for questions anyway, since it'll still be there when this thread is long gone.

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:58 PM
Quote:

stepping on anyone's toes

thanks

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:49 PM
Any updates guys???

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Friday, April 14, 2006 9:18 PM
Ive benn thru the HPtuners and most of the questions in the forums on the org and I have just one question. The laws for inspection have changed in recent years so now when we go for inspection they do an "emissions" test on any OBD-II vehicle. They plug a computer into your OBD-II port and check for any CEL's or bad codes and that is sent directly to the state. It is either pass or fail with no 2nd chance.Now I just went and bought a brand new turbonetics turbo+a few other small doodads to start building a pretty crazy motor and I ran into this "emissions" test issue. If I use the HPtuners to tune for the new turbo setup will the "emissions" test pickup anything out of place or illegal as they call it? This is NH and NONE of the garages know squat about non-factory turbo and dealers wont even talk to me about it lol. ANY help would be great before I get too deep into this $$$ hole.

STREET ANTIX, it's coming...

Saturday, April 15, 2006 6:09 PM
streetantixz24 wrote:Ive benn thru the HPtuners and most of the questions in the forums on the org and I have just one question. The laws for inspection have changed in recent years so now when we go for inspection they do an "emissions" test on any OBD-II vehicle. They plug a computer into your OBD-II port and check for any CEL's or bad codes and that is sent directly to the state. It is either pass or fail with no 2nd chance.Now I just went and bought a brand new turbonetics turbo+a few other small doodads to start building a pretty crazy motor and I ran into this "emissions" test issue. If I use the HPtuners to tune for the new turbo setup will the "emissions" test pickup anything out of place or illegal as they call it? This is NH and NONE of the garages know squat about non-factory turbo and dealers wont even talk to me about it lol. ANY help would be great before I get too deep into this $$$ hole.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Just wondering if this does have any effect on passing emissions. I wonder if people in CA would pass.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:19 PM
yea, wonder if you could delete your egr code for those swapping a 99 motor into a car with a pre 99 pcm

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:47 PM
I've been sent to the smog ref in cali before. I was talking to the guy and they had passed a car and at the last minute he saw a cable hanging out and he followed it and found out it was for ecu tuning, They ended up failing the car, They won't know the ecu is modified unless you turn off smog related sensors like rear o2 sensor.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:23 PM
sweet so when i go to college in TN i can still pass emissions and have a fast car

project is slowly working its way to where I want stage one is in the works (stage 1 : Gather and Save $$$$$$) stage1 is a hard process LOL!!!

'99 2.2 OHV w/3spd auto (work in progress)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2322134
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search