New updated pics- Progress thread - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New updated pics- Progress thread
Friday, September 17, 2010 9:29 AM
lafonjef wrote:Did you find an exhaust yet? I heard that the Vibrant cat-back was a real nice setup, and one of the best sounding ones out. I haven't heard it personally, but when I started looking at getting one, that is the recommendation I got from most people I talked to.

Havent looked to much into it as of yet. I know OEM can get me just the pipe, a route I may go. I was sure vibrant didnt make a cat back for us. Il double check but last time I remember looking on there site they only had systems for cobalts.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:14 AM
The engine bay it nearing completion. There are only a few things I need one of them being get a air filter, and I need o2 sensors. Front one is like 100 bucks and the second one is 220. I really dont want to spend damb near 400 for o2 sensors. You guys have any recomendations?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:21 PM
Looks awsome. Dont bother with the rear o2. Tune it out with HP tuners.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:08 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Looks awsome. Dont bother with the rear o2. Tune it out with HP tuners.

Can you elaborate on that a little please? I can tune with HP tuners and I dont need to have a rear o2? Is there benifates if I keep or dont use it?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:47 PM
All it does is sense if theres a cat or not.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:01 PM
You can eliminate the code from the PCM with HPT. Mine is gone and my car is NA.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:05 PM
This is great news, thank you!!!

Sunday, September 19, 2010 5:12 PM
looks awesome man. steady progress on this, have been really amazed by your detail and clean engine bay.

Monday, September 20, 2010 10:44 AM
Spalattero wrote:looks awesome man. steady progress on this, have been really amazed by your detail and clean engine bay.

Thank you, It could be cleaner but I think I have braught it a long way from what it was. Thanks again!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:55 PM
dude this build looks FANTASTIC, loving all the pictures you have and hope to see some dyno runs from this beast.....what is your boost range ?
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:05 AM
you only really need 1 0/2 actually u dont need any but you have to have a wideband to tune with i put my wide band in palce of my bank 1 o2 near the motor at the down pipe and ust left my rear bank alone

Ecotecforum on FaceBook

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:56 PM
thanks for the help guys, its much appreciated. Some more progress

Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:50 AM
Alright so I ordered my exhaust today, should be here on monday or tuesday. Just a few more welds and I can wrap up the exhaust project, which im very happy about. After that I just need to get me HP tuners software and a wideband and my car can come to life (fingers crossed). http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=198

Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:22 PM
Looks sweet, I want to re-route my turbo intake like that, but the big ol mamma jamma auto tranny is in the way haha.

So whats left to finish on this thing?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, October 01, 2010 10:15 AM
Lol, see my previous post Just need a couple more welds once I get the exhaust, a wideband and HP tuners software

Friday, October 01, 2010 11:13 AM
lol reading ownz me HA

306 TQ
Monday, October 04, 2010 1:06 PM
Well the exhaust came on friday.....early for once, what a surprise. Had the middle section welded on saterday and installed it sunday. I am very pleased with the magnaflow fittment, absolutly awsome. Anyways here are a few pics, I was excited to get it on and didnt take much except the finished product.

Havent seen the car like this in a year or so its always had poly and a sheet over it

Started colecting these for some reason, there charging 5 bucks a peice at the yard so iv been snaching them up

Monday, October 04, 2010 1:16 PM
Sweeet, and nice collection of the Filler plates. Just wait, people are gonna be hittin you up for those haha.

Did you start the car yet?

306 TQ
Monday, October 04, 2010 1:19 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Sweeet, and nice collection of the Filler plates. Just wait, people are gonna be hittin you up for those haha.

Did you start the car yet?

Lol yah il be expecting a few. I have been thinking about it, I have a hole in the exhaust that still needs to be plugged ie; I need a wideband. Maybe, just maybe il fire it up this weekend

Monday, October 04, 2010 1:24 PM
How do you like those spun cats? Do they do enough to keep the rear O2 sensor happy?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, October 04, 2010 1:32 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:How do you like those spun cats? Do they do enough to keep the rear O2 sensor happy?

Im not going to be using the rear o2. I was kinda under the impression that I had to use it, hence using a cat. I already had it started/welded to the rear section so I said F it im just gonna run it. If I run into issues with it il straight pipe it there. I think it would be happy if I was running a rear o2 though, I had a magnaflow aftermarket cat on there and it seemed to work fine. No codes or anything

Monday, October 25, 2010 12:33 PM
Umm I need updates

306 TQ
Monday, October 25, 2010 2:08 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Umm I need updates

Not a whole lot to update, but I did get my wideband installed. Everything is finished up I just need hp tuners so I can do some tuning. She cranks over but I need to change my injector constant I think with hp tuners so it will run. Its just dumping a ton of fuel if we try to fire it up. Its got the green tops in there now. I dont think il get any software in the next couple weeks, prob gonna be mid november before I can afford it. May be down off the net for a bit as im in the middle of a move and wont be set up untill next week sometime. But I will have my own garage now and a house so im pretty stoked about that. No more rental garage and traveling accross the city to work on the car The interior is getting a full make over this winter though.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 25, 2010 2:09 PM

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:14 PM
@!#$ is hott bro. can't believe i haven't been following this build longer.

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:36 PM
blucavvy wrote:@!#$ is hott bro. can't believe i haven't been following this build longer.

Thanks man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search