BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:23 PM
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier - "BaggedOn20s"

About This Vehicle:
This project has been going for 4 years, I hope to have it finished to my satisfaction later on this year and possibly have paint hitting the car early 2011.
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Black Primer
Engine: 2.2L I4 OHV
Transmission: Automatic
Interior: Gunmetal
Purchase Date: 5-5-2006
Purchased From: bagged95cavy
Build Date: Aiming for 2010

Manufacturer Options
I have cruise control on this Cavy! Not much else is left from OEM...

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:
Red Optima Battery
Gunmetal Battery Cover (Custom with Logo)
Weapon R Intake
Cold Air Box
Carbon Fiber Radiator Shroud
Carbon Fiber Fuse Box Cover
Carbon Fiber Brake Fluid Resevoir Cover
and Carbon Fiber Resevoir Cover. OverkillEngineeringMotorsports Cruise Control Bracket Relocation (Coming Soon)

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
20" Wheels MSR 085's
Easy Street Air Ride Suspension
Easy Street Digital Air Ride Controller
5 Gallon Chrome Air Tank
Compressor
Brake Pad and Drilled Slotted Rotors
OverkillEngineeringMotorsports front strut air ride upgrade
OverkillEngineeringMotorsports rear strut bar (Custom with Logo) and Front Strut Bar.

Interior:
Smoothed and Painted Door Panels
Smoothed and Painted Rear Panels
Smoothed and Painted Pillars
Dash Core and Dash Pad (Needed!!! Someone help me out)
Custom Bezel with Digital Air Ride controller and 2 Gauges
Racing Seats
Custom Cluster (In Progress)
Rear Seat Delete
Upolstered Headliner and Rear Deck. Custom console and 2 Tone Paint in the car Silver over Gunmetal.

Exterior:
Suicide Doors
Honda S2000 Rear Tail Light Conversion
Shaved Door Handles
Shaved Trunk Lock
Shaved Antenna
Shaved Wiper Cowl (In Progress)
Sliding Ragtop
Carbon Fiber F1 Mirrors
Carbon Fiber Invader Hood
1 Piece Halo Headlights
Halo Foglights to match headlights
Shaved filler door and replaced with Sparco
Buddy Club BC2 Front Bumper
Side Skirts and Rear Bumper (Molded and modified not to hit when all the way down).

Audio and ICE:
7" Jensen VM9022 Multimedia Touch Screen DVD Player
7" Rear View Mirror Monitor
Rear view Camera
7" TV in rear deck
11" Tv in Console
3 Bazooka Chil Amps In Amp Rack
3 Bazooka Triangle Chil Subs
Yellow Top Optima Battery for ICE
Tsunami Battery Topper
Tsunami Capacitor
Tsunami Distribution Blocks (2)
Tsunami Battery Top from front to rear. Memphis audio upgraded 4x6's and 6x9's.

Future:
OEM Harness Bar (Being Made)
OEM Cruise Control Bracket Relocation (Being Made)
Redline Hood Struts
Custom Cluster Work
Upgraded High Output Alternator. To finish this project
I am finally beginning to put stuff into the car instead of take it out.

On with the boring stuff let's start with the pictures - Not all pictures are the best of quality and some of these were from back when Bagged95Cavy had the car.

Then once I got it home I decided to blackout the S2000 Tails since they were fading. As well as put on the 1 Piece Halo's (back when they were new).

I then had the urge to primer the car and get rid of all of the different primer colors, however I did not finish and do not plan on priming it by spray cans any longer. I will leave this to the professionals.

The Blackout eventually peeled because it was a cheaper brand. So I decided to track down a new set of tails and replace the older ones.

During this time I contacted a guy from Canada to complete a rear seat delete for me.

During this time I decided to change the toggle switch air ride setup to a digital setup

Since I had a new controller, I needed somewhere to put it. I seen Tinkles had a bezel with the controller and 1 gauge so I decided to add 2 so it wasn't exactly the same.

Once I received the Rear Seat Delete back I decided to get the same guy to build my console. This later turned out to be a major setback...

I then received it months later in this condition... the console was supposed to be a smoothed "fiberglass" look and ended up being wrapped, with seams that did not connect and the fabric was able to be removed by hand with no force.

I then contacted Rick (BaggedNINE7) and he was able to work his magic with this piece!

I then began contacting members for missing pieces and carbon fiber upgrades. Door panels, Headliners, Door Handles, Engine Bay dress up, etc.

OEM Easystreet Mount Upgrade

I spoke to Chazz about an upgrade I was looking into and he pointed me in the direction of these HID's

I then decided to relocate the air tank after doing the digital setup so I got with Chazz who already had it done for a few tips!

Around the same time I received this HUGE box in the mail...

Once that project was done I decided to experiment with the rear dash

After hours and hours of sanding, I decided it was time to get the back dash upholstered instead.

I Upgraded the wheels along the way to 20"s from 17"s

As you could tell by most of the pictures, my interior was no wheres in the car it was at a paint shop getting the two tone that I did not have time to do. The items that were not at the paint shop where at an upholstery shop. I had plans on making a show in Mississippi in June in full primer with a complete interior but my recent incident with the 95-99 lower dash and 00+ cluster put a hault to that. The junkyard I got the dash from gave the wrong year to my painter.

Secondary Battery placed in trunk. Will replace electrical tape with heatshrink soon.

This was an attempt to catch the dashboard 2 tone (nice feet eh')

After following Matt's thread (ZDoubleDozen) I asked him if he would mind me attempting the GPS upgrade since my speedometer is going crazy.

Then I ended up cutting into the C for the Water Temperature and the F on the Gas Gauge so I will be adding two gauges into the bezel and painting/cleaning it up more. Waiting on the 2-1/16" hole saw to come in this week.
Intake/air box is at a friend of mine's shop I will grab it and be shipping it to Mark at OEM for a Carbon Fiber Wrap unless plans change.

How the car currently sits:

Now that I have this somewhat up to date I will keep the post updated as new items are added/modified or changed. I hope to be done with the car in early '11.

Big things I need right now are a 00+ Lower Dash and Top Dash pad, so I can get this painted and put back into the car.

The car exterior is not in the best of shape but I will be leaving this to the painters in the future. I also apologize for the driveway pics but the car has only been driven 10 miles since I have owned it when I moved it from my old house to my new one.

Stay tuned for more updates.

FOR SALE

Re: BaggedOn20s - Project Build Thread - No 56K
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:31 PM
Absolutely love it man. Keep up the good work

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:36 PM
Im in shock to see updates on this car

Looks like its moving along, where did you get that review monitor?

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:39 PM
I got it from the bay for about $60.00 those things have dropped in price drastically. It is an innovatek I believe, which is decent enough for what I will use it for. I plan to have it hooked up to the rear view camera on the license plate so I will always have a live view of what is behind the car.

Thanks guys. Sorry it took so long for the updates, I wanted to get it painted and then let everyone have it all at once but I realized this will probably be much more fun.

FOR SALE
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:45 PM
Glad to be an inspiration, lol. BTW my bezel is gunmetal now.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:49 PM
Yours is gunmetal and mine is now silver. Worked out good! lol

FOR SALE
Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:49 PM
dude awesome work i love it

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:50 PM
This thread is full of win.. and will continue to be.

I never realized all of the trials and tribulations you had to go through.. and its awesome that you point out the people who have helped you along the way.

Definitely keep at it, because this car is on its way to become a very bad ass J.

There's just too much goodness to point out, the rag top takes the cake.

awesome job so far.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:26 PM
been waiting for this build thread...

DOPER.
Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:42 PM
JGoodmanSS07SC wrote:dude awesome work i love it

X2 I would have to agree with what he said ..

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:51 PM
Daaamn, all the pictures lol. Love the car, always have.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:11 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:Yours is gunmetal and mine is now silver. Worked out good! lol

And hopefully it wont be mine in a little bit.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:44 PM
Very nice. Love the roof! Question. How did you go about mounting the fog lights in the bumper?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:45 PM
Matt - Thanks bro! That means a lot coming from you. I'll follow the build and hopefully we can have a photoshoot once I get the car done.

Ecotecpower - I had to cut off the majority of the circular holes from the back of the bumper, and braced the foglights from the back.

Thanks Jgoodman and Redeco! Thanks to the rest who have commented.

FOR SALE
Monday, April 19, 2010 3:42 AM
Lots of good work there, keep on it!

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Monday, April 19, 2010 7:12 AM
I've seen you post a few times but never really knew what your car looked like. This is an awesome build. I'll definitly be keeping an eye on this.

Monday, April 19, 2010 7:21 AM
looks amazing......keep it up and i look forward to more posts and updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 19, 2010 8:02 AM
Great progress. Love that ass! Can't wait to see more updates!

Monday, April 19, 2010 9:33 AM
Great post, I always see your sig but never really see the car. I'm excited to see you get closer to completing it

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, April 19, 2010 11:08 AM
dang you and i have the same likes very good taste sir and the craftsmanship is fantastic. cheers

Monday, April 19, 2010 2:18 PM
youve put allot of work into it. the only thing that really stood out is the opening for your healiner/ragtop loooked wavy and wrinkled pretty bad, kinda ruined the look. other then that just work on the stuff you need to get it finished up and on the road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, April 19, 2010 11:55 PM
if you look up the word "perseverance", you should find a link to this thread.

keep up the great work man.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:23 AM
Today's Update:
After purchasing the GPS in the above pictures, I realized I purchased the wrong one! I needed one with the Blue tooth functions in order to be able to access the EcoRoute HD that was pointed out in Matts (ZDoubleDozen's) build thread.
Small box was the small change holder piece for the Console that I never had, so I found one on line for $15.

Big Box was the Garmin Nuvi 1390T

For anyone who is lazy... not like there are any of you here see the following info and video. It basically turns the GPS into not only a GPS but a diagnostic computer that can see error codes, clear them, and acts as a fully selectable gauge setup. The video is in another language just follow what the guy is doing.
The downfall to this is the price, and being it's new technology not knowing if there are any limitations. It works off of Blue tooth, so I am hoping it will be reliable. I will be checking this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lfy_5NM7vg

Wow, most of the big players have taken a visit. I am impressed, and honored. After being here for the past 7 years and laying low for the most part I am glad to have a visit from you guys!

Kevin - Will do, have to keep going to get this thing finished! My goal is to see you guys at a bash!

Lemur - Tried to keep it a secret.. just couldn't hold back anymore.

Thanks Jazer! Glad you are loving the build.

Dave - After this long, with the recent setbacks I doubt anything will stop this build. I know we see that a lot here but let the history speak for itself. Mind you that's pending on another massive Hurricane to South Louisiana.. But we'll worry about that when the time comes.

Thanks Jfire i'll have to look up your car, glad you like it.

Jason - If I could have put money on who would have noticed that, it would have been you. The upholstery shop was given the headliner with the hole in it and told to wrap it, however you see how he gave it back. I made an attempt to just wrap it but unfortunately it was a fail. It is a temporary fix, I am looking for some kind of a gasket style material to be able to wrap around all of the edges similar to what was sent to me whenever I purchased the headliner. I have had no luck yet, with building this thread I am in hope one of these upholstery wizards may be able to point me in the right direction. Glad you chimed in, anything from you will only make the car better as you have an eye for perfection.

FReQ Z - I look forward to finishing this project and making the long trip to the Bash to join all you crazy MOFO's. That will be the ultimate perseverance!

FOR SALE
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:16 AM
hmmm... I have a Kenwood headunit with Garmin GPS built in. I wonder if I could do something similar? very cool!

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:25 PM
If you go to the Garmin Website and Search for EcoRoute HD and go under specs it will tell you what units are compatible.

Hope to have pictures/videos of it in action over the next few weeks.

FOR SALE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search