My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-( - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-(
Monday, January 31, 2011 2:05 PM
I just went back to page one. Wow this thing was beat. Did you decide on the color yet?

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:14 PM
updates??

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:59 AM
I say go with GM Arrival Blue/Electric Blue Metallic. I know, it's a stock color, but it looks great and really sparkles in the sun.

BTW, mine is slightly darker than stock, with more metalflake in it. I got it back from the paint shop that way, but I'm not complaining.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: My Build Up Again, after the rape and abuse :-((
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:53 AM
You know how she was beat up and poorly rattle-canned black.... I think you should go to the last owner and do that to him. Maybe even give him a front end swap too! (with a crowbar) ... Also, That original blue you had was pretty awesome. Whatever color you choose, Hope it's some shade of blue.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 9:22 AM
I like this car, Wish I could have seen it in it's previous state and met up with you guys when I was down in Florida last year.

Good work man!

(I miss Florida soo much haha)

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:08 PM
Mike wrote:I like this car, Wish I could have seen it in it's previous state and met up with you guys when I was down in Florida last year.

Good work man!

ya it definitely looked great in person... even if I ruined some of the paint haha

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Thursday, February 03, 2011 1:29 PM
Smoosh wrote:more p[ictures of girl please
nomnomnom!
hahah
keep up the progress man! cars getting there for sure

lol yeah she can get the business and shes cool as @!#$, going out for a drink with her today, Im not single though so Im just hangin out, most of my friends are female lol!

Thanks I cant wait til the car is done

the lemur wrote:I just went back to page one. Wow this thing was beat. Did you decide on the color yet?

Wonderhippi wrote:updates??

yeah car was beat to @!#$ it was very depressing.

Right now I am dealing with some performance issues, my FPR is dead so its unplugged right now, I need to check my o2 sensor and theres a nasty ticking coming from the motor, i honestly think my tensioner is @!#$ (thanks for bringing that to my realization Fluffy) and I may have jumped a tooth, im hoping not, Im still redlining normal.

Roofy wrote:I say go with GM Arrival Blue/Electric Blue Metallic. I know, it's a stock color, but it looks great and really sparkles in the sun.

BTW, mine is slightly darker than stock, with more metalflake in it. I got it back from the paint shop that way, but I'm not complaining.

That is a nice color, but in Miami its hard to make any car look good when you have rich people doing it better than you and your car smells of rich gas lol!

freelancer1988 wrote:You know how she was beat up and poorly rattle-canned black.... I think you should go to the last owner and do that to him. Maybe even give him a front end swap too! (with a crowbar) ... Also, That original blue you had was pretty awesome. Whatever color you choose, Hope it's some shade of blue.

Yeah I am definitely going with some kind of blue I have been looking at ideas

Mike wrote:I like this car, Wish I could have seen it in it's previous state and met up with you guys when I was down in Florida last year.

Good work man!

Thanks bro if youre ever in South Florida look me up

Fluffy wrote:

Good work man!

ya it definitely looked great in person... even if I ruined some of the paint haha

lol I remember the first paint mis-hap on the trunk! lol, and the tranny fluid on my bumper LMAO

UPDATES!

Finally found a driver side mirror (so rare over here lol)

Like stated above im having performance issues that should be fixed by next week

Heres some pics:

Hiding from the cops as usual, lol

I had to re-wet sand my whole car because sadly I do not have the luxury of a garage anymore, I park on a dirt driveway surrounded by trees that stain the primer, and also have a well pumped sprinkler system, so no I COVER THAT ISH

Found some gorgeous headlights at the junkyard, all I had to do was polish them (had some oxidation when I found them)

Threw some 9006 HID bulbs in them (no pic yet), the other HID pic I have is from some 00-02 bulbs fluffy gave me that I made work temporarily, re-aimed the beam and its perfect now

And last but not least, yes my roommates gorgeous Camry got repoed, they told him to pay by Friday and asked him for his new address, @!#$in corporate bank liars came and repoed his @!#$, sad times

Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:13 PM
Have you thought of like Burple, or some other nice HOK Colors or maybe the Blue on 350Zs or the Baby Blue on Evo VII or VIII? I always loved that color for some reason, and it would really make the car look so nice. You have put a lot of work in getting it back together and it has come along ways. Im glad you got all the body work done, it looks tons better. Are you going with a lip kit or anything before paint? Or keeping Base bumpers?

Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:34 PM
Thanks bro, im keeping the Z front, ls sides and I have an ls lip waiting to be primered and mounted, just havent had time with work and all

Ill look into those blues btw

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:03 PM
She looking good Torres!

I honestly can't wait to move down there and pick up my own J (instead of inheriting Gert. Not that I'm ungrateful, but I kinda like the idea of my own build) . I'll miss my 'bolt tho lol

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:41 PM
Ever get a video of how your exhaust sounds?

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:46 PM
hey Mike, you got her looking good... again.. lol. I'm glad you got her back, man. you dont look right without her

and really, you sold the car to Bobby. you saw all his cars before yours.. you expected any better from him? he's a walking vehicular catastrophe... needs to be restricted to bicycles and Razor Scooters

and about getting reception with a shaved antennae; the Pearl has her's shaved, and I had XM.. normal radio, I cant pick up a damn thing, not even local stations. but then again, I dont listen to the radio.. data cd's ftw, my friend

wish you didnt move to that hellhole, its not just a shoot down the turnpike to come help you out like it used to be. but like I said, its looking nice.. you got mucho respect from me for having the patience to do your own bodywork. I cant stand to even look at Bondo and sandpaper these days

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:45 PM
I love my beaner special shorty, cap the end with a vacuum cap it actually helps with reception (no lie)

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:11 PM
MOAR!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:45 PM
SynthAngel wrote:She looking good Torres!

I honestly can't wait to move down there and pick up my own J (instead of inheriting Gert. Not that I'm ungrateful, but I kinda like the idea of my own build) . I'll miss my 'bolt tho lol

Ill trade u my project for gert lol!

Im hoping to do a motor swap soon unless i buy another J and sell this one to my best friend.

Corey Monzter wrote:Ever get a video of how your exhaust sounds?
\

Not yet I will try soon, not having a garage and parking on gravel/dirt sucks. It doesnt sound as good as it would if the car was running good, but ill get a vid this week

Evan Undead (Team Cybergeist) wrote:hey Mike, you got her looking good... again.. lol. I'm glad you got her back, man. you dont look right without her

and really, you sold the car to Bobby. you saw all his cars before yours.. you expected any better from him? he's a walking vehicular catastrophe... needs to be restricted to bicycles and Razor Scooters

and about getting reception with a shaved antennae; the Pearl has her's shaved, and I had XM.. normal radio, I cant pick up a damn thing, not even local stations. but then again, I dont listen to the radio.. data cd's ftw, my friend

wish you didnt move to that hellhole, its not just a shoot down the turnpike to come help you out like it used to be. but like I said, its looking nice.. you got mucho respect from me for having the patience to do your own bodywork. I cant stand to even look at Bondo and sandpaper these days

Lol believe it or not Bobby actually had it looking mint, not my style but it was clean, the owner afterwards, not so much. I still need to change my insurance so I can get my damn windshield replaced

Fluffy wrote:I love my beaner special shorty, cap the end with a vacuum cap it actually helps with reception (no lie)

This is the best mod, its weird how perfect the reception is. Took the car through a car wash the other day to get the dirt off (basic wash just water and soap) and the vacuum cap stood in place, then I remembered I put the rtv in it lol!!!! Tight fit... btw my 02 sensor is @!#$ and the fpr

Poser wrote:MOAR!!!!

Soon, very soon :-)

Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:38 PM
wait, it went to someone else after Bobby had it? did he do the front end swap and whatnot before he sold it? cause at one of the meets he brought it to, he was talking about, or had already done, the 2000+ front end on it..

and Gert is staying with us since everyone everywhere wants an arm and leg for their 10-15 yr old Cavaliers... go figure

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:34 PM
yeah his best friend hd it after me he was the one who spray bombed it with primer, and got all the dents on it, and messed the chassis up by hitting a mailbox with the door open. Bobby did the 00-02 conversion.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:19 AM
btw since all regions read these threads I am looking for new struts or new struts/springs.

I know I know it is not advised to buy them used, but the car gets driven less than an hour a week because I want another suspension.

Tell your friends and PM me what you guys have got!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:24 PM
uh oh thanks AZNCAV

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:30 PM
haha nice!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:01 PM
Read every post... wow... there hasnt been one interesting enough for me to do that in a long while. LOVE it... and i think it will look a LOT better once you get the rear lip on. I cant wait to see more updates.

That is my vote even though I probably like sndsgoods baby blue BMW color the best. I couldn't find a good pic of the blue on the eclipse. I test drove a rental spyder around of this color and the color in person is GORGEOUS. It is flaked though you cant really see it in the picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:02 PM

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:10 AM
Ha thanks man I appreciate it lol, someone is atleast paying attention, hehehe

So here are some updates:

For having a crappy suspension (bouncy bouncy!) My side skirt screws seemed to have backed themselves out and my passenger side skirt went flying down the turnpike like a torpedo lol, luckily there were no cars around!

Its cool though because I did not like the ls sides on my car anyway, im going to custom make my own skirts again because I think they looked better.

Also!!!:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:43 AM
custom side skirts? sounds cool. I like the new struts. What springs are you going to use?

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:56 AM
yeah well not custom, just custom fabrication to make it fit my car, the old side skirts the car had when it was blue (on page 1) were from a 94 grand am GT

The springs, well that right there is top secret for now :-)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:19 PM
Very nice. Can't wait to see updates.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search