J-Stance - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: J-Stance
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:19 PM
Im with blucavvy, someone post pics of th 'stance' you guys are referring to.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:20 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Im with blucavvy, someone post pics of th 'stance' you guys are referring to.

this

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:44 PM
when I get lower ill post a pic lol...my bdy is low but I have hella weheel gap from small tires

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:44 PM
i dont care... ill still rep your site .!

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:42 PM
From the little research ive done, and looking at the site stance nation, it looks like the whole 'stance' thing is when you are tucking tire pretty much with the wheel flush with the sides of the car? Is that it? Oh, and by the way from the wheel selection of most of the cars on that site they look hella expensive, much too expensive for what im sure 99% of us would spend on a J-body. Just sayin. I guess I am getting confused with the whole stretch tire thing and the flush thing people have going on now adays.

If im on the right track with the look im talking about, it looks sweet. But on a J? I would love to see it done tastefully.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:58 PM
So uhh... Is "J-spot" out of the question?
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:11 PM
i ain't got the stance. but would sign up!

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:20 PM
i forwarded this to Ben at stanceworks.. he liked my cav.. im sure he would get a kick out of all the other nicer lower ones.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:59 AM
Oh I almost count. Need spacers on the rear and get the front alignment.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:57 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:From the little research ive done, and looking at the site stance nation, it looks like the whole 'stance' thing is when you are tucking tire pretty much with the wheel flush with the sides of the car? Is that it? Oh, and by the way from the wheel selection of most of the cars on that site they look hella expensive, much too expensive for what im sure 99% of us would spend on a J-body. Just sayin. I guess I am getting confused with the whole stretch tire thing and the flush thing people have going on now adays.

If im on the right track with the look im talking about, it looks sweet. But on a J? I would love to see it done tastefully.

yeah stance i can handle its the whole stretching deal that i hate. if nobody on the site is really stanced it doesnt make sence to have a j-stance named site. people will search it. see the j's that are stanced to the current form of cars and they will get made fun of.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:40 AM
Good job brah, let me know if/when you want more of mine.

*highfive

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:04 AM
these were the 2 4 doors i mentioned

got coach?

alex/ airgazm

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:43 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:
blucavvy wrote:i really do not understand this fad.....

Try harder, you're being left behind

Blucavvy, I'm 100% with you.

Transporter, It will die out just like fiberglass body kits, altezzas, and aluminum wings. It's just another one of those temporary ricer fads. It's the VW and Honda guys trying to stand out and do something different. Then all you followers over do it, it gets played out, and it's done.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:12 AM
I'm sorry but you just cant compare this to bulky body kits, altezzas and wings, they are clean as hell cars. You can not care for it like I dont care for body kits period, but you can do it clean and it can look good.

Also, most of these guys are on air, so they DD just fine. Trust me I used to feel the same way, but then you start to hang out with stanced Dubs, and you realize it isn't a big deal to them, and it looks great. They can go low as hell and still be very comfortable, mainly because of build quality.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:18 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:I'm sorry but you just cant compare this to bulky body kits, altezzas and wings, they are clean as hell cars. You can not care for it like I dont care for body kits period, but you can do it clean and it can look good.

Also, most of these guys are on air, so they DD just fine. Trust me I used to feel the same way, but then you start to hang out with stanced Dubs, and you realize it isn't a big deal to them, and it looks great. They can go low as hell and still be very comfortable, mainly because of build quality.

Trust me, DD'ing a bagged car like that isnt pleasant. It takes alot of work to get a decent ride in a bagged compact car.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:31 AM
Corvettes have a sick "stance".

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:32 AM
Actually most of the guys run coil overs and ride that low all the time, it's actually the preferred method as opposed to air. Air would be simpler of course but that's not the point of it, the point is to be daily driven that low.

For what "stance" is will differ from person to person and even vehicle to some degree. I would say most would agree that there is some level of stretched tires and that degree varies by personal choice and style, tucking the tires with minimal clearance from the 1/4s and fenders.

There are many other looks that go along with it, poke, amount of lip etc. I like it on some cars and not on others it depends on how it's done. The thing I really like about Stance and the new fad is that everyone overall agrees the look of a clean car is the way to go which is something I've always agreed with from day one.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:39 AM
the pics and website look great Darren ill be checking daily

love the idea but hate the bitching in this thread

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:16 AM
^ I don't see much bitching in this thread at all I do see a conversation about a new topic and people giving their opinions.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:31 AM
Tinkles wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:I'm sorry but you just cant compare this to bulky body kits, altezzas and wings, they are clean as hell cars. You can not care for it like I dont care for body kits period, but you can do it clean and it can look good.

Trust me, DD'ing a bagged car like that isnt pleasant. It takes alot of work to get a decent ride in a bagged compact car.

You have to understand the quality of the parts that are available to the Dub world, they set their ride height and never have to touch it again, the system keeps it where it is, even when you add weight to the trunk.

Most of the Dubs around here use air, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

These are the local Dubs I hang out with...

Static

Static

GTI is static, R32 is soon to be on air

Most definitely air, and a notched frame

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:22 AM

you can completly compare it to body kids and altezzas. its just a diffrent style and trend, you can compare it to 26" rims.if you want, that is a style and trend, they come and they go trust me. there will be new trends a few years down the line. that doesnt make it a bad thing or something evil it just is what it is. this build is just the natural progression really. 5-6 years ago going wild with big kits and big interiors was in. so to be diffent from that trend its gone back to smooth lines, cleaner and less is more approach build. but in the end a new fad will come about and replace it in a few years. its been happening ever since the car was invented.

the 4 door bagged audi is pretty bad assed except for the roof rack.(a new trend for some)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:28 AM
Low does not equal stance. Most of the "stanced" j-bodies are just lowered. Stance generally means slammed with flush wheels. Most in the J community don't run spacers in the front or rear to bring the wheels out to be flush, they just crank the coils down and call it a day.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:05 PM
sndsgood wrote:you can completly compare it to body kids and altezzas. its just a diffrent style and trend, you can compare it to 26" rims.if you want, that is a style and trend, they come and they go trust me. there will be new trends a few years down the line. that doesnt make it a bad thing or something evil it just is what it is. this build is just the natural progression really. 5-6 years ago going wild with big kits and big interiors was in. so to be diffent from that trend its gone back to smooth lines, cleaner and less is more approach build. but in the end a new fad will come about and replace it in a few years. its been happening ever since the car was invented.

the 4 door bagged audi is pretty bad assed except for the roof rack.(a new trend for some)

Rice was tasteless, this is not, thats really what I was trying to say.

He took the roof rack off for a while, I believe it's back on now though. I can see the hate for the wheels already...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:10 PM
JakeLegend wrote:Low does not equal stance. Most of the "stanced" j-bodies are just lowered. Stance generally means slammed with flush wheels. Most in the J community don't run spacers in the front or rear to bring the wheels out to be flush, they just crank the coils down and call it a day.

That's y posted the cars I did. Both are wide wheels lowered on coils or air. Yeah there is not but acouple on here. I really hate to admit it but I thinking chaz easiness of the first in the stance catagory.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:32 PM
Damn I thought my car was low, but not anymore...

was thinking of re changing that

Darren, feel free to use these if ya like

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search