J-Stance - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: J-Stance
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:52 PM

Hellafunctional: Performance is everything.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:57 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:i guess nobody figured you could put on grand am control arms, some spacers, and with the use of any camber plated coilover setup or otherwise you can get all the camber you'd need for that 'stance'....

seems pretty 'easy' to me....

that's everything I have... totally

you left the control arms at STOCK length? (not modded for j-body)

Underdog Racing
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:58 PM
^Indeed. Edit: I was pointing at J Van, haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:59 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:00 PM
tim, you need an inch lower in the rear and camber plates up front cranked to the max... then ur setup would be TITS!

Underdog Racing
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:01 PM

^^Both are "stanced" in my eyes. But not for performance reasons.^^

^^Great example of a performance stance. Sitting lower. Running big meats.^^

You guys are confusing "Hellaflush" with "stanced".

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:12 PM
z yaaaa wrote:tim, you need an inch lower in the rear and camber plates up front cranked to the max... then ur setup would be TITS!

Yeah I'm planning on picking up some camber shims for the back, and playing around with the N body aluminum control arms next year. And I agree, I need the back end to be a bit lower, time to rent a fender roller... or drive down and use Spencer's

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:12 PM
I love J van

can we elect a J-body president?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:50 PM
Thanks for the Lesson on the difference between the two Jay!! By your example of Tims Z, my is a "perfomance stance" as of now

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:15 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:Corvettes have a sick "stance".

nahhh but for a corvette this one does

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:19 PM
^^^^^ok, i'm sold. that's just fuc.k.ing badass.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:22 PM

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:50 PM
Holy @!#$tt!!!, now is that what they call 'concave'? That is the look of rims that I like.

And how do you achieve that look? high or low offset? with wide rim?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:54 PM
my plans to have a similar look is a 18x9 wheel with a 25-30mm offset in front and 20-25mm in back with some concave wheels.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:12 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:Corvettes have a sick "stance".

nahhh but for a corvette this one does

Ok I just came!! Damn another shower......

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:30 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:
You have to understand the quality of the parts that are available to the Dub world, they set their ride height and never have to touch it again, the system keeps it where it is, even when you add weight to the trunk.

Most of the Dubs around here use air, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

sorry what? i got 100$ says 90% of them got their air from the same place 90% of us do, easystreet.

p.s my car adjusts itself to

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:32 PM
those car are nice as hell! but to get that stance look. they need some lower aggressive offsets.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:43 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Holy @!#$tt!!!, now is that what they call 'concave'? That is the look of rims that I like.

low offset wide wheel. also helps with the style of rim but everyone here needs to step it up if they are gonna do something like that.

here is the details.

not sure the offset but he is using a 1.5 inch spacer as well.
360 FORGED – MESH EIGHT
F: 20×10.5″ / R: 20×13″
F: 285/25-20 / R: 345/25-20

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:00 PM
Gary Frank wrote:sorry what? i got 100$ says 90% of them got their air from the same place 90% of us do, easystreet.

Airlift slam xl

Custom modified Bilsteins by Bagyard, still waiting for his slow ass to install them... (the blue R32)

Airlift XL’s | Accuair Management

They asked me what was available for my car, I said pretty much just Easystreet, they all laughed and went, "Wow that sucks".

PAY UP!

I will agree electronic controllers can be had by all, my only point was that the controllers make dailying a bagged car much easier. Do they offer bags for our cars with position sensors? Or are they just pressure sensing?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:00 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Holy @!#$tt!!!, now is that what they call 'concave'? That is the look of rims that I like.

low offset wide wheel. also helps with the style of rim but everyone here needs to step it up if they are gonna do something like that.

here is the details.

not sure the offset but he is using a 1.5 inch spacer as well.
360 FORGED – MESH EIGHT
F: 20×10.5″ / R: 20×13″
F: 285/25-20 / R: 345/25-20

exactly ... and spend some time on the stancenation and stanceworks forums. dont get me wrong i love jbody,org. but we need to think outside of the box also. its not even about getting on the bandwagon of things. wheels and stance to me is what makes or breaks the look of ANY car. stds and some low offset wheels would be cakes on any jbody right about now.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:02 PM
azncav wrote:exactly ... and spend some time on the stancenation and stanceworks forums. dont get me wrong i love jbody,org. but we need to think outside of the box also. its not even about getting on the bandwagon of things. wheels and stance to me is what makes or breaks the look of ANY car. stds and some low offset wheels would be cakes on any jbody right about now.

We are even lucky enough to share bolts patterns with many older Dubs, so we have no excuse.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:05 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:sorry what? i got 100$ says 90% of them got their air from the same place 90% of us do, easystreet.

Airlift slam xl

Custom modified Bilsteins by Bagyard, still waiting for his slow ass to install them... (the blue R32)

Airlift XL’s | Accuair Management

They asked me what was available for my car, I said pretty much just Easystreet, they all laughed and went, "Wow that sucks".

PAY UP!

I will agree electronic controllers can be had by all, my only point was that the controllers make dailying a bagged car much easier. Do they offer bags for our cars with position sensors? Or are they just pressure sensing?

u pretty much just proved my point lol 2/3 airlift and easystreet are the same company. I argree tho, i'd never have a car w/o digital, daily driver or not. just pressure sensors to my knowledge, i wish they had actual levels, i'm sure u could rig something up without much hassel if u really wanted to id like to but i'm to lazy lol

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:13 PM
Gary Frank wrote:u pretty much just proved my point lol 2/3 airlift and easystreet are the same company. I argree tho, i'd never have a car w/o digital, daily driver or not. just pressure sensors to my knowledge, i wish they had actual levels, i'm sure u could rig something up without much hassel if u really wanted to id like to but i'm to lazy lol

I call Shenanigans!

But yeah, position sensing hall effect sensors are far above and beyond pressure sensing. They aren't offered for our cars, thus Dubs have much better components to work with.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:15 PM
Easystreet is a airlift company...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:46 PM
I just need bigger tires and id be alright..I'm already running a 9inch wide rim lol

13.1 @ 115
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:50 PM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:I just need bigger tires and id be alright..I'm already running a 9inch wide rim lol

You need more than that! Drag those lips Brah!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search