Transporter's 1SV Build Thread - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Transporter's 1SV Build Thread
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:42 AM
No doubt! lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Friday, September 09, 2011 1:00 PM
Picked up a front strut bar this week, and I'm going to be installing the rear bar from my red car today.

Hopefully in time for AutoX tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 09, 2011 1:02 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, September 09, 2011 4:08 PM
Installed my vert front strut bar tonight, I still need to drill a hole in the fire wall but it already feels much better. And I moved the ECU down under the master cylinder, it seems to be nice and snug down there and doesn't move at all.

And I wasn't expecting this when I opened a beer for the project... haha

Friday, September 09, 2011 8:56 PM
I like....

Friday, September 09, 2011 9:13 PM
thats what u get when u buy beer that was brewed by someone in their garage lol jk..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Friday, September 09, 2011 9:27 PM
Pretty fantastic for something brewed in a garage, haha.

Seriously though, you should try it, it will blow your mind. I'm not a big fan of hopps so its nice and mellow.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:33 AM

re-routing the ecu always cleans a bay up so much. looking good man.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:17 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Pretty fantastic for something brewed in a garage, haha.

Seriously though, you should try it, it will blow your mind. I'm not a big fan of hopps so its nice and mellow.

i don't drink so i wouldn't know the difference lol i just never heard of it thats why i said it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:20 AM
Yeah I figured, they are local to Rochester, NY so its on tap everywhere, and in bottles everywhere. And its fantastic so I like drinking it

Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:54 AM
LOL at that beer.

im liking everything so far but good god man... get that valve cover cleaned up asap!

Monday, September 12, 2011 1:10 PM
Yeah I'll eventually get to the engine... probably right about when I start stripping the car down...

Finished installing the rear strut bar I pulled from the red car yesterday, it's nice to have a chassis that doesn't flex anymore.

And I found a B&M short shifter on Craigslist locally for $20, so I jumped on it and installed it today, I'm liking it so far, but I'd like to get a different knob for it, or make the stock one fit.

And installed...

Monday, September 12, 2011 1:16 PM
Pivot fit well?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, September 12, 2011 1:41 PM
Ehh, I don't think so, I'm contemplating wrapping something around the sleeve to get rid of the slack. Better than stock though.

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:14 PM
would love to see a pic or two of those nokya's, maybe a day/night comparison shot?
Monday, September 12, 2011 3:20 PM
Working on it.

Monday, September 12, 2011 4:14 PM
nice, cadillac strut bar/trunk mod?

Monday, September 12, 2011 4:15 PM
Once I make it to a junkyard.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:02 AM
Yeah, the brothers was way better than stock, but not perfect.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:30 PM
So a few weeks ago I had an interesting Thursday... turns out a light car with wide tires at the wear bars doesn't like off camber turns in the rain... haha

Off a 10 ft embankment and into an alfalfa field... it broke the rear wheel bearing in half, so I'm thinking the wheels are probably bent up. They should make a nice coffee table.

And now sitting in my front yard...

So that was quick... haha. I paid $2700 for it and a month later my insurance cut me a check for $4100

On to other things...

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:32 PM
made out! time for me to get some parts off her! lol at least your ok and able to post about it./

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:36 PM
Yeah, at least I didn't have any time to get attached to it, haha.

Plan is to pull all my parts, and drop the engine and tranny since they are still good, and then tow it down to the junkyard for my $200.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:43 PM
looks like you have more people would want.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:44 PM
damn

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:45 PM
I'm keeping anything aftermarket as well as the engine and tranny, if you want something beyond that let me know.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:03 PM
confused on what is actually broke to total it? i mean a rear wheel bearing, pull the radiator support back to line up the bumper, pop out the rear dent and on the road it goes. lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search