saw this on stanceworks - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: saw this on stanceworks
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:50 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:Is it not a factory lower mounting point on the air strut?

Or are you doing the IRS?

If its IRS, it would be real easy to make those spindle mounts, if its the factory beam, not real sure how you'd go about it... Id have to sit and stare at it for a few minutes.

yeah i have them mocked up and mounted. if you check my progress thread in this section you will see what i did. my problem is that i want to lay the whole body and cross member on the ground. but not to low that my full pressure will cause me clearance issues. i just noticed today threw the head light whole that i only have about 1 1/2" at most till the front k frame lays and i have not readjusted my front lower mounts. i also lie in the problem that i don't have a mill or lathe readily available to fab up the custom parts that are needed to make this a walk in the park.

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:02 PM

hate on.
Monday, October 17, 2011 8:05 PM
Wheel adapters?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, October 17, 2011 8:20 PM
So now you're just directly copying the veedub guys or what???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:40 PM
uh oh.... better get on it gary LOL

Monday, October 17, 2011 9:02 PM
Roofy wrote:So now you're just directly copying the veedub guys or what???

I've seen these on Silveradoes and Sierras more than anything lately. If he was copying the VeeDub guys, they'd be 14x9 up front, 14x10 out back and they'd be trailer wheels with BBS lips welded on. And they'd be highlighter orange or green.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:12 AM

vdub guys arnt the only people using vette wheels. lol and at any cost, id say they would fit much better on a cav!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=448127&t=437231&p=1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:14 AM

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing these on your ride man!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:43 AM

Yeah, cuz Vdub guys are the only ones doing this.
He is doing something different for J bodies and once again, you are there to try bring it down. The setup he has planned for next season is pretty sick. But Im sure you will be right there to nitpick it.
Just remember Pal, your sh1t stinks aswell. Sorry to break it to you, but your car isnt anything special either. Just another bossted Eco, infact, I believe this car has one of those too.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:36 AM
Can't wait to see more progess pics. Really like your custom work.

Proud member since 99
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:56 AM
grats on trying to do something differnt but those wheels are ugly

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:20 PM
Pictures of wheels don't impress me.

Patiently waiting the installed pictures.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:30 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Pictures of wheels don't impress me.

Patiently waiting the installed pictures.

Ahem...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:36 PM
respect = lost.. sorry. No like.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:43 PM
They could look good if it wasn't cambered so much, or its a bad camera angle. Need better pics.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:25 PM
I just can't get behind the super-stretched tires or extreme camber stuff... it always looks dumb as hell.

the work done on the front suspension looks great tho, props to that.

would double ride-height adjustable coilovers not have accomplished the same goal? or are we trying to keep to a budget?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:28 PM
maybe its just my honda side but i kinda like it lol

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:54 PM
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:35 PM
I was about to give props, then I saw the rear camber shot. Ruined it for me. Was hopeful.

DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:would double ride-height adjustable coilovers not have accomplished the same goal? or are we trying to keep to a budget?

Those are not innovative!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:59 PM
Keep in mind there is nothing bolted to anything, the wheels were jammed under the car quick and I snapped some pics. ill be the first to say I absolutely hate rediculous amounts of camber. Im more about making things functional than anything else (laugh if you must).

copied from my build thread on the JCO:

Had some tires laying around the shop, 205/55/16's (stock size) from a J car. Decided Id throw a couple on the wheels tonight and play around a bit....

I think these may actually work, much to my disbelief.

The car is in desperate need of a wash and 03+ side skirts, driving 100+ kms to school and back everyday has really killed my up keep on the car.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:04 PM
Once that fitment is right, It will look dope

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:13 PM
Adapt those leaf-springs next to it, and run 4" angled blocks.

That looks decent, sorry a member on cobaltss.net thought it'd be cool to horribly camber his rear wheels and I've been angry since.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:19 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Adapt those leaf-springs next to it, and run 4" angled blocks.

That looks decent, sorry a member on cobaltss.net thought it'd be cool to horribly camber his rear wheels and I've been angry since.

Im assuming you're talking about the black SS that is currently on Rota Grids? I love that car, but I agree, the rear wheels are a fair bit excessive.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:27 PM
Was on the 'vette wheels prior, so unsure.

Regardless he took every silly trend and threw it at a Cobalt, sorry wasn't my style, way overdone with tacky @!#$ and drift car quality doesn't impress me unless it is just that, a drift car. Hopefully it's been cleaned up with the Rota's, but I have a feeling it still has the roof diffusers, zebra interior, 10,000 zip-ties, and sillyass exhaust. Keep it clean! I also know there are a few Canadian SS owners whom has nicely fitted cars, like the yellow one on the white wheels. They might be Dom's old Varrstoens? I can't keep up, but some in that community have pulled it off.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:36 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Was on the 'vette wheels prior, so unsure.

Regardless he took every silly trend and threw it at a Cobalt, sorry wasn't my style, way overdone with tacky @!#$ and drift car quality doesn't impress me unless it is just that, a drift car. Hopefully it's been cleaned up with the Rota's, but I have a feeling it still has the roof diffusers, zebra interior, 10,000 zip-ties, and sillyass exhaust. Keep it clean! I also know there are a few Canadian SS owners whom has nicely fitted cars, like the yellow one on the white wheels. They might be Dom's old Varrstoens? I can't keep up, but some in that community have pulled it off.

You are bang on. There is a lot of "trendy" junk on that car, but it is the lowest I have seen, which is exactly what I like about it. Some of the tacky junk I'm a sucker for, but most I dislike, especially the zip ties, goofy stickers and silly interior fabrics.

And yeah, there are a few guys up my way that sit pretty nicely, I have a soft spot for cobalts. I know of a red 4 door and the yellow one with the white Varrstoens.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search