Not A Teaser - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not A Teaser
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:38 PM
Teasers are for bitches...
before....

starting the work

New placement

work of art

replacing this

he said it was cracked even worse on the bottom. but it took a TON of stress and heat to it before it broke. lots of hard earned miles. the turbo would have fell off probably had I not welded the top before I made the trip.

Re: Not A Teaser
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:45 PM
Cute.

Now do mine.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:49 PM
Copter wrote:Cute.

Now do mine.

got the cash? I have a spare turbo now.... and my old intercooler, and piping...... and exhaust......

all you need to find is the manifold... and fuel stuff

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:01 PM
I do and would rather buy my self a lifetime supply of dress socks lol. I juts don't drive the thing enough anymore, I'm really hoping to drive it a lot this summer. If I do I would consider throwing money at it. Then again I do have some go fast parts to dump on it still so that might make me want to drive it a lot more

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:04 PM
Copter wrote:I do and would rather buy my self a lifetime supply of dress socks lol. I juts don't drive the thing enough anymore, I'm really hoping to drive it a lot this summer. If I do I would consider throwing money at it. Then again I do have some go fast parts to dump on it still so that might make me want to drive it a lot more

maybe with a snail on it you would tend to drive it even more!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:16 PM
What turbo are you running now and im planning on makin a mani out of the same stuff lol

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:21 PM
same size as the old one, just newer and lower miles. Old one could use a rebuild.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:23 PM
You know what I think but im going to say it again...I like!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:25 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:same size as the old one, just newer and lower miles. Old one could use a rebuild.

i plan to eventually run a 6262 i dont think the 57 trim will get me where i want and what are your power goals with your t3/t4 57 trim

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:30 PM
thanks

If I did anything id go with a 60-1, and not so much aiming for a power level as i am the 11.500-11.999.

id rather use power efficiently than make excessive amounts i cant and wont use or need.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:46 PM
i feel you there i will still daily drive mine and like you im not necesarrily going for a said hp but i have goals for the track and i dont feel the 57 trim will get me there but i could be wrong

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:05 PM
Top mount is awesome. Congrats.

Cracked logs are for losers.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:12 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i feel you there i will still daily drive mine and like you im not necesarrily going for a said hp but i have goals for the track and i dont feel the 57 trim will get me there but i could be wrong

what are you aiming for?

Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Top mount is awesome. Congrats.

Cracked logs are for losers.

yeah i saw yours, not good, not good at all... check your pm's though in a sec!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:17 PM
i would like to see around 500-550 at the wheels but be in a good efficiency with the turbo

ill stop cluttering your thread with these posts lol good work and can't wait to see you surpass your goals of 11.5

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:27 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i would like to see around 500-550 at the wheels but be in a good efficiency with the turbo

ill stop cluttering your thread with these posts lol good work and can't wait to see you surpass your goals of 11.5

no worries, I dont think i need 450+ for my goals. and IF by chance I beat my goal of 11.5 which i doubt ill even do, then i might get 1 or two passes before im forced to tone it back...

I WILL NOT CAGE THIS CAR EVER!!!!! i like it too much to cage it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:34 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i would like to see around 500-550 at the wheels but be in a good efficiency with the turbo

no worries, I dont think i need 450+ for my goals. and IF by chance I beat my goal of 11.5 which i doubt ill even do, then i might get 1 or two passes before im forced to tone it back...

I WILL NOT CAGE THIS CAR EVER!!!!! i like it too much to cage it.

When I first saw your car at Fetter's shop I swear it was there for a cage! Was pretty excited for that! lol

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:39 PM
no cage, ever. not my style at all.

next car i build will have one.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:20 PM
Looks a lot cleaner now Vince! Very nice Turbo header for sure.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:02 PM
looks good vince. planning on jet hot again?

BuiltNBoosted wrote:no cage, ever. not my style at all.

huh? a cage isnt your style but ur next car will have one?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:09 PM
absolutely beautiful, Vince. damn I'd love to see this thing in person

I feel the same way about achieving your goals without the overkill. my original goal was to break into the 11s, but I think I'll shoot for 12s first. the only difference here tho, is that I'm mainly wanting to tour and autocross, so a cage is required. are you going for FULL street interior? I know a while back, I read that you run your car on the track like it's driven on the street, so you don't toss anything out for the track

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:24 PM
z yaaaa wrote:looks good vince. planning on jet hot again?

BuiltNBoosted wrote:no cage, ever. not my style at all.

huh? a cage isnt your style but ur next car will have one?

Correct, my daily driven cavalier will not have a cage. Key word, daily driven, well and cavalier... not my style. Now a 70 nova hatch or 70 SS Chevelle, deserves a cage and pin on front... that is a car that is more cage neccesary and more my style.

Not going jet hot this time, going with nitro plate instead. Did a great job for fetter and took real good care of him. Will see how it goes....

Thought about powder coating the charge pipes but you won't see them this time around. Intercooler will be more flashy this time around so I figure just go raw and only coat the one in the engine bay leading into the tb.

Can't wait for our ET shoot. I think the CED meet would be a great time for it if we can get jason and stephen there. Stephen said he probably can't make it though

And yes, this car is raced in full street trim. Whatever is in it goes with me down the track. My 12.6 was actually with 3/4 tank of gas and blow clutch and I think my pop up chair took the ride with me. Only thing I do is swap front tires...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:26 PM
nitro plate? do tell..

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:35 PM
http://nitroplate.com/ws/

he had his turbo coated and they coated the inside and outside. well when he went to assemble, it woudlnt fit since they coated the inside as well. he called them and told them about it, they paid for it to be overnighted to them, fixed, and overnighted right back. so that right there is a big deal.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:14 PM
Very niiice, I like it a lot.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:27 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:http://nitroplate.com/ws/

he had his turbo coated and they coated the inside and outside. well when he went to assemble, it woudlnt fit since they coated the inside as well. he called them and told them about it, they paid for it to be overnighted to them, fixed, and overnighted right back. so that right there is a big deal.

Thanks for the link Vince

when i build my manifold im def gonna send it and my exhaust housing to these guys and possibly downpipe too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search