Not A Teaser - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:24 PM
Yep just looked it up, i had it saved in my favs.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:33 PM
Correct, MTX-L Wideband is already out. Other 3 will come out soon!

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:17 PM
Maybe its time to upgrade my Innovate wideband before it does the same thing

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:23 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Maybe its time to upgrade my Innovate wideband before it does the same thing

Breaking the LC-1 was my fault... I tried to remove the sensor a LONG time ago and broke the case of the LC-1 itself... I then put it in a plastic back and wrapped it up super tight as well as zip tied the bag on it. Which held up for quite a few years considering its the only wideband I have ever had...

And the gauge hardly moved. Once its in, its in and the wires shouldnt be a problem. Mine could have been anything from weak solder, to pulling on it during install, idk.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:22 PM
I have a normal LC1 (no gauge), but I will be getting the MTX-L. I installed one on my buddies J, and loved it.

I will be keeping my LC1 for tuning jobs when people do not have WB.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:29 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I have a normal LC1 (no gauge), but I will be getting the MTX-L. I installed one on my buddies J, and loved it.

I will be keeping my LC1 for tuning jobs when people do not have WB.

Thats actually a REALLY good idea... What will you do? have an o2 sensor hooked up to it all the time just so you are sure its compatible? Then just make sure they have an o2 bung in the exhaust?

Down the road I'd like to convert to the MTX-L just so I have all 4 MTX-L gauges. Im not positive but it looks to me the XD-16 only difference is different LED colors around the outside? You might be able to answer that since you installed one already...

I just think its a great idea for them to expand into all gauges. I mean in my opinion their 1" thick wideband is pretty unique and awesome. Looks to me that they are all the same size as every other gauge out there so they SHOULD fit right into my bezel.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:09 PM
Car was never put under load, coolant in the #1 cylinder, going to tow the car home tomorrow just to have it home, ship parts out, and figure it all out.

fingers crossed on headgasket. if not that, then head, if not that, then block...

will be getting fixed and ran/raced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:30 PM

Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:59 PM
Best of luck man. Car looks darn good though..

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:21 PM
Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:26 PM
Thanks, it will return.

And we are just not sure... no way to explain it at all. Best case scenario, head gasket, rebuild, spring tuning.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:28 PM
Quote:

Thats actually a REALLY good idea... What will you do? have an o2 sensor hooked up to it all the time just so you are sure its compatible? Then just make sure they have an o2 bung in the exhaust?

The part in bold I'm not sure what you mean.

But yes, now when I tune and they do not have a wideband (would be surprised how many do not), I use my wideband. I do not keep mine on my car all the time.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:35 PM
Hmmmm....
Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:37 PM
i meant an o2 sensor hooked to the wideband you use just leaving it hooked all the time. or do they provide the sensor? also do you just make sure they put a bung in the exhaust?

also, Ryan was supposed to tune it tomorrow. I will say its a good thing that Fetter caught it before then. Who knows what further damage it could have caused while tuning it. I will say, I never noticed it burning coolant, just coolant coming out of the overflow... Who knows how long it has been leaking or if the coolant coming out of the overflow was a early warning sign of head gasket going, im not sure.

I believe my dad has a leakdown tester that Ill be able to hook up eventually. That way I can try to narrow it down. If not, I know I can get access to one. That will be the biggest factor.

headgasket, meh not a bad fix,
head, going to suck to get a head machined like the one i have now...
block, im @!#$ and not sure what to do then...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:07 PM

Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:05 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:i meant an o2 sensor hooked to the wideband you use just leaving it hooked all the time. or do they provide the sensor? also do you just make sure they put a bung in the exhaust?

When they do not have a wideband I provide the complete LC1. It is one without a gauge (never came with one), so I can only see the readings in HPT.

Yes i make sure they have a bung in the exhaust.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:39 PM
Car is home, pics to come tomorrow.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:11 PM
Good to hear you got back safe.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:00 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Thanks, it will return.

And we are just not sure... no way to explain it at all. Best case scenario, head gasket, rebuild, spring tuning.

Not to be a dick. But I'm betting its karma.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:09 PM
That does blow man. I too hope it is something as minor as a head gasket.

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:30 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Thanks, it will return.

Not to be a dick. But I'm betting its karma.

rly karma lol wow def a dick move......but anyways good to see it home and hopefully the new build will yeild more power

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:37 PM
That's some crappy news after all the work thats been done. Hopefully it's nothing major and you get it figured out, best of luck.

You guys with the karma crap are clowns.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, November 14, 2011 5:02 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck. happens to all of us eventually. at least you've got a good attitude about it. you've got all winter to fix it or even just leave it in a corner and forget about it for a while. it's nice to take a step back and enjoy other things in life. looking forward to pics

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:24 PM
rest on it for a while vince, then bring it back better then ever. This isnt a build failure, its a GM parts failure...I love your car man. Can't wait to see it in its glory next season.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:04 PM
Dang just to think, if its a head gasket issue all of the turbo stuff and intake you have to take off. Lemme tell you, THAT sucks!! but you have all winter so it won't be so bad. Good luck

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, November 14, 2011 8:48 PM
Ill first off give the update yet again.

I mistook the information, the coolant is filling the #1 spark plug hole, not the cylinder. This is believed to be due to the porosity due to the @!#$ty casting. It is what it is. This is in no way fetters fault. Nothing he did contributed to this. Im glad he caught it before Ryan got to tuning it. So first wideband, now this, and also a coilover issue.

He called me saturday night, I came down sunday day to get it(Ryan was supposed to tune it sunday ironically) It was great to see it, and see fetter and the family, ryan, and rj.

today, as much as I didnt want to touch it, I had to get the coilovers off of it, as well as the old brakes and all the other parts people purchased. Which led to another issue... Got the STD's on, rear tubes are still super short... its only like a 4.25" sleeve when it should be and CAN be a 7" sleeve. I have them up as far as I can, and they rub the fenders, SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Front brakes got on, but just need bled, Ill do that when I get back or something... They look good though. Lotsof work ahead.

Well onto the pics.

some before pics

after

trunk of junk lol

The NEED for the new header, not the WANT.

If I hadnt done this, I believe the turbo would have fallen off the car... it lasted a LONG time, took a lot of heat and abuse and even some glowing red times

this IS an issue for me...

this is why I NEED to raise the rear...

PLENTY of exposed unused thread. and only a 4.25" sleeve? cmon man, give me a 7" sleeve so I can go higher and have more thread in it...

1cm is actually at the bottom of the sleeve, the 2cm is at the top of the collar...

some vids....
she sounds ANGRY

thanks for looking guys. comments criticism.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:59 PM
Car is looking good, and sounds good.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search