Not A Teaser - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:27 AM
^^RE tuned already?

I NEED mine done bad! Im ready this time Ryan!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:58 AM
YAY for tuning forum

Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:15 PM
I will need a tune when my car gets built ( sometime before my kids drive )...but man, I will have to drive 5 hours just to get it done

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:53 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:YAY for tuning forum

LOL

306 TQ
Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:53 PM
Ryan's coming to Chicago? I'm in, e85 son!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:57 PM
PM's and tuning forum ROCK!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:07 PM
now it IS a teaser! LOL

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:13 PM
so Vince, who's tuning your car....

Sorry for the high jack. LOL

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:29 AM
Vince, where's the daily update? I'm curious to see what numbers your putting down.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:19 AM
Little things getting cleaned up. Then its all in Ryan's hands Thats when the fun happens. I miss it, but dont at the same time.

Will be easy to DD still, but I'm REALLY loving my truck haha. So easy, comfortable, and worryless. I get in and go with no hesitation on any end. I still take care of it just like my car but its just so nice and comfortable and easy even in stock form. Cant wait to take it through a winter

Friday, October 14, 2011 8:27 PM
Update!

Friday, October 14, 2011 8:58 PM
Talked to him. Mines done. Just needs tuning done. As well as I need to pay the rest of the bill. Good news is, I have quite a few sales pending on the parts that were on the car. Just need to get a hold of those people and get that stuff figured out.

On that note, anyone need some slightly used Hawk HPS brakes pads and some Powerslot brake rotors. SUPER low miles. I wont need them anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 14, 2011 10:27 PM

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:16 PM
Just got done reading this whole thread and I have to say Vince that you Have One Hell Of A Cherry!!!...lol..BEAUTIFUL car on the in and out..Really digging the orange and black looks great man!! All that work that Fetter did on your ride, its such a clean,neat job man. I cant wait till I get mine built,tunned,and running.Well congrats on everything buddy and so glad your day is near!! Yea Im gonna chime in also and wait till you post that 11sec pass.. IMO I dont think you will have a problem.. Good Luck and again congrats man!!
Friday, October 28, 2011 3:33 PM
Yeah wheres the dyno number!

Friday, October 28, 2011 3:58 PM
he doesnt care about the dyno...

lets see the track times!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, October 28, 2011 4:20 PM
Chip Shell wrote:Just got done reading this whole thread and I have to say Vince that you Have One Hell Of A Cherry!!!...lol..BEAUTIFUL car on the in and out..Really digging the orange and black looks great man!! All that work that Fetter did on your ride, its such a clean,neat job man. I cant wait till I get mine built,tunned,and running.Well congrats on everything buddy and so glad your day is near!! Yea Im gonna chime in also and wait till you post that 11sec pass.. IMO I dont think you will have a problem.. Good Luck and again congrats man!!

Thanks, I really hope it holds together and performs as well as its built. You will have yours in time, you just have to be patient.

This is the first year I have not had my car and right now, I dont miss it. I love getting in my truck and putting it in D and cruising with no issues. Looking forward to having it to try out in the winter for the first time. Not to mention if there ever was a year that I didnt have my car, it was this one. They redid the roads in front of my apartment and it had a full 2" lip between the finished and unfinished areas of the blacktop. Would have destroyed the car. As well as all the fresh oil everywhere from them doing the roads. Not to mention the heat this year was brutal but that wouldnt have stopped me from driving it. Right now is prime turbo weather, the track is having its last day tomorrow. Odds are ill get it back, park it for the year and make sure its prepped for storage once I get all the old parts off and the new parts on. (wilwoods/std's) and get all the old parts packaged and shipped asap. Probably just make its debut in 2012. Debating whether i want to burn up the radials I have now or get new ones come 2012. Helmet and jacket to come as well.

I stepped down from the calendar since I didnt have good enough pictures or the ability to get new ones.

Work is 95% paid for and waiting to hear from ryan on tuning the beast and get that taken care of. Once thats done, its coming home.

Friday, October 28, 2011 4:36 PM
what a piece of crap this car is....

lol yeah right. sorry i never sent that money vince. a few of my own transactions failed so the cash wasnt there.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:38 AM
Yea I see a set of radials getting smoked before the storage..Man you know you wont be able to resist getting into it once you get it back..lol...Plus its almost a must when you get it back to see how it runs....Good luck man and I will TTYL...
Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:42 AM
IDK, I mean they are not a street radial at all so I have never driven them on the street. I like them more than a street radial due to their compound. So I doubt I will burn them off. Im just debating on getting a new set since these are 2+ years old I believe. Lowe passes on them but showing age in the compound I imagine.

Ill have the whole drive home in the car to see how it feels. Probably just put it away once I get it back just to be safe. Who knows, weather pending it might come back on the trailer.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:19 AM
Ok, here is the most recent update on it... Good and bad.

Ill start with the bad:
I know Fetter is fed up with the car and all its broken @!#$, so why not add more broken @!#$ to it. Car is essentially done. My Innovate LC-1 finally crapped out on me, but that was due to my own doing and nothing on Innovates part what so ever. I still love my Innovate products and will actually be buying more over winter since they released new gauges at SEMA. Karo came to the rescue as usual and overnighted me a new LC-1 directly to Fetter. Yay right? No, not yay..... The theory of when it rains it pours came into effect and thus created the second issue.

Second issue, which i DO contribute to Innovates design flaw. Out of the back of the XD-16 there are essentially 3 wires. The wideband wire that goes to the LC-1, and a chincy, tiny, miniscule wire which one is red(power) and the other is black) ground. Well the power wire came out of the back of the gauge when he tried to install the new LC-1... So the car sits, now only needing a replacement XD-16 gauge. Which is now discontinued due to the release of the MTX-L gauge. The MTX-L, no longer requires an LC-1.... its all integrated in the 1" thick gauge itself.

Easier explanation on the wideband gauge problem. I have a new LC-1 to pair with my old XD-16, XD-16 is bad, XD-16 replaced by the MTX-L, MTX-L does not require the LC-1. See the vicious cycle?

Karo AGAIN came to the rescue, said hey, I have an XD-1 gauge but not sure if its the same as the XD-16. I called Innovate and they said, the XD-1 is in fact identical to the XD-16 and will work perfect to fit what I need it to do. Karo is once again, shipping the parts out tomorrow morning, express and Fetter should have the gauge Thursday. Ryan has been SWAMPED but thought he might be able to get me a tune to drive it home before snow hits just so I can store it.

I absolutely know Fetter is fed up with the car, and for good reason and dont blame him. here is proof:

I hate when this stuff goes wrong too because it affects me and makes me feel like crap regardless. Been a rough night/day. I honest to God, cant wait to get it back so I can park it. I feel this winter will be time away from cars, even though I havnt had my car for a while.. I have been looking at mods for my truck and car interior, but after these past few days, its break time. Get the car back. Ship the sold parts, put it away until I can get it back down to Ryan for a proper tune. I just need a break from modding/spending money on it. Come spring/end of winter, ill do the gauges and possibly match all the seats. Im not out of the game, but I gotta get a break from it or I will burn myself out of it. Spring 2012 should be worth the wait considering all the work is top notch and flawless.

Ive told him a bunch of times, but I cant thank Fetter enough. He has gone above and beyond with fixing stuff and patience on it. He did more than I asked but for that I will have a nearly flawless car only because the parts he did not touch were probably my doing. I cant thank him enough. Gotta thank his wife and kid too for putting up with him working on them

Also, mad props to Karo once again. Came through and hooked me up as fast as he could. Cant say enough good things about him. I just wish I could do more business through him. Which if he gets the new Innovate line, he is getting my business.

Finally, gotta thank Ryan for answering all my questions and being patient with it considering what he all has going on. Bad things happen to the nicest people and he doesnt deserve it. Hence why im glad he is going to try to take time out of chaos to take a stab at my car once again.

Sorry for the long rant/explanation but I feel better now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:25 AM

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:11 PM
damn man, @!#$ty deal on the gauge stuff. hopefully it all works out for ya....

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:47 PM
Dang, looks like Ill wait a while to get an Innovative then until all old @!#$ gets circulated out of the market.

Be patient, it will work out.

306 TQ
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:59 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Dang, looks like Ill wait a while to get an Innovative then until all old @!#$ gets circulated out of the market.

Be patient, it will work out.

well no need to wait if you are getting the air fuel gauge. The mtx-l wideband gauge is the new series of wideband that will match the new line coming in spring.

The new line will consist of a dual purpose, boost gauge/tachometer, dual purpose oil temp/pressure, and a single purpose EGT gauge. All have the center numbers like the xd-16. with the digital light band around the edge. Expected price to be $149-$189. Ill finally have all matching gauges... here is a pic.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:50 PM
Man those gauges are nice!!!
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:20 PM
OIC, so the air/fuel wideband one is already out? Or is the one we talked about before? lol

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search