Not A Teaser - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Friday, August 26, 2011 5:34 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Yeah valid point. I mean hell dont the CTS-V have them under the back seat?

I think your right, so does the Olds Aurora. I know some Corvettes have the battery right behind the drivers seat

BuiltNBoosted wrote:I'm telling you Brandon... you have a quick kit for sale right here haha, if Brad was in for one, that make 3-4

If Brandon would make a kit, I WILL buy one

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Friday, August 26, 2011 5:45 AM
car is def coming along nicely.....but im still gonna be that guy who relocates the battery to the trunk....i planned it that way from the beginning

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:19 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Boosted2point4 wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Nice!
Was wondering, with the battery right there is it required for a cutoff switch to be outside of the car?

no its not, cutoff switch is required if its inside the car, or if you run faster than 11.49 or 10.00 cant remember off the top of my head but neither of you have to worry about the second rule

You positive? I thought NHRA, said that if you move it anywhere other than stock it has to have a shutoff... Im going to the World Series of Drag Racing tomorrow at Cordova, and my friend is the tech guy, Ill ask him just to be 100% positive on this. Just so it doesnt get anyone in trouble....

as for the second.... yeah we REALLY dont have to worry about that one haha.

Also, Brandon, looks like you have interest in your battery kits if you fab up one or two more...

Hey Brandon you don't know what I gots up unda my hood foooo!! LOL

But yea I always thought a cutoff was needed if the battery was removed from under the hood. Oh well, my battery is there so I dont have to worry about it regardless.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, August 26, 2011 7:02 AM
I just don't want to take my bumper off lol because these are annoying as hell to get perfect fitment lol.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:01 PM
After talking to a few of the tech guys and even the pro's this weekend... any battery moved from the factory location requires a cutoff switch.

That being said, yes you can pass tech, but it still doesnt mean its legal. My friend even told me that they wouldnt hassle me regardless, since its still easily accessible. But yes, you are required to have a cutoff if your battery is moved if you are wanting to be 100% legal.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 3:38 PM
Gotcaha.

But how is the fender area for the battery easily accessable? Especially with the fender liner, the wheel, and the headlight in the way? I could just hear a tech guy asking someone that lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, August 28, 2011 3:47 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Gotcaha.

But how is the fender area for the battery easily accessable? Especially with the fender liner, the wheel, and the headlight in the way? I could just hear a tech guy asking someone that lol

Take the headlight out to run.

Vince, I gotta say that your engine bay has improved 1000 fold since you first turbo'd it. Its looking really good.
Brandon, you did another amazing job. Congrats guys.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 4:48 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Gotcaha.

because if im in a bad enough wreck, its gonna be accessible. Plus its pretty easy to pull out on the front bumper and have it pop out.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 4:52 PM
well that blows.. damn. guess a dummy headlight with a switch? hahaha

vince, there is one thing i wish brandon would do for ur car while its there... paint the engine bay lol

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:38 PM

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:58 PM
wow i really love the grey on the intake manifold.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:03 PM
kinda wish I went with more of that gunmetal. I REALLY like how it looks in there. All thats gunmetal if I recall was coil pack cover, Intake Manifold, and the turbo.

literally stunned at how amazing it looks. cant even describe it.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:00 AM
fetter attention to details is in full effect

approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:41 PM
Friday, September 09, 2011 9:14 PM
the Jew wrote:fetter attention to details is in full effect

approved

Fetter OCD is well worth it.

and jason2... oh it gets pampered when i have it. not to mention he cant stand to look at it dirty so he randomly wheeled it out one day to wash it off

Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:44 AM
so didnt you say you were taking it to ryan for a full tune? when is that happening?

Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:17 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:so didnt you say you were taking it to ryan for a full tune? when is that happening?

Yes. Ryan has to come scale back the new tune for the injectors, would run pig rich as is going from 440s to 750s. Car is getting the nickel and dime stuff done right now which takes the longest of it all. Tuning won't take terribly long. He has a quick base done on it right now. Street tune then hopefully dyno tune with numbers

Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:18 PM
Wow...now tell ya boy to fly over here to texas to help me tune my z

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:28 PM
I dig the color scheme. I was glad to see the battery relocate done. I still want to do the same with mine.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:14 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Wow...now tell ya boy to fly over here to texas to help me tune my z

im sure if he had spare time and you had the money he would fly anywhere you wanted to tune.

Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:I dig the color scheme. I was glad to see the battery relocate done. I still want to do the same with mine.

im sure if you talk nice to fetter he could come up with something. sounds like a few would be interested. Only thing is he would have to make it specific to this battery that I have if he did make them just to be universal.

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:01 PM
exhaust is done, complete with turndown

and oil feed:

Friday, September 16, 2011 1:42 PM
Looks great!

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:17 PM
mmmmmm, looks so good

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid
Nitrous is like wanting to have sex with a hot chick that has an STD... you wanna hit it,
but you are afraid of the consequences

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:50 PM
did you get the oil feed from under the intake mani if so what is the oil pressure from that location

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Friday, September 16, 2011 5:07 PM
Thanks guys. Ive yet to hear the pressure reading off of it. Its going to be of that port you said. to that T, one side with sensor on it, the other one is a -3AN to the turbo, in hopes of keeping pressure up.

Oh yeah..... THIS @!#$ RUNS!!!!

Started first key turn!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 16, 2011 9:41 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search