Why do you recommend HP Tuners??? - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why do you recommend HP Tuners???
Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:49 AM
QBE quote from another topic wrote:
QBE (The Boosted One)
Today 2:25 AM

Well.... damn me if it dont get worse... My manifold has since cracked all over since being off the engine... why? I dont know but now I need to use a cracked manifold until I can find a replacement.. w00t

?????

You ran 20psi today??

sig not found

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:14 AM
Quote:

I drove my car today and hit 20 psi... did you?

Yes, 2x. But the knock sensor indicated a little activity as boost began to climb higher so I'll be looking at datalogs and making more adjustments before heading back home. It also looks like I may need to increase base fuel pressure slightly which would require adjusting the base pulse constant, and probably the AE tables as well.

And for this type of work, with an OBDII car, HPT is exactly the right tool to use.

-->Slow
Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:18 AM
Sorry but I gotta hit on QBE too. That wonderfull tune was so nice that you have a broken engine right? I wonder how good that tune was.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:44 AM
protomec wrote:
QBE quote from another topic wrote:
QBE (The Boosted One)
Today 2:25 AM

Well.... damn me if it dont get worse... My manifold has since cracked all over since being off the engine... why? I dont know but now I need to use a cracked manifold until I can find a replacement.. w00t

?????

You ran 20psi today??

protomec use your smarts.. that was future tensed...

mfk - shut the @!#$ up... the tune or boost had nothing to do with the motor failure

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:09 AM
which part was future tensed?

was it the word "today"?
or are planning on having your manifold "cracked all over" sometime in the near future?

sig not found
Friday, August 18, 2006 7:44 AM
protomec wrote:which part was future tensed?

was it the word "today"?
or are planning on having your manifold "cracked all over" sometime in the near future?

if you were able to read you would know that I specifically said

I will BE ABLE TO SAY I hit 20 psi today, did you?

meaning I cant now, but will be able to..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:18 AM
Psi is so relative... look at suncavi he barely made 350 whp on 20 whole PSI. Haha.

350 whp isn't much to brag about on a built motor!!!

I'm gonna max a 3 bar soon but I'm not bragging about it... yet.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, August 18, 2006 8:25 AM
I am not trying to hit max psi, even ON the built motor I wont go over 15 or 16.. just because I don't want to

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:02 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:Psi is so relative... look at suncavi he barely made 350 whp on 20 whole PSI. Haha.

-Chris-

then you better get back to work or change your sig, cuz Summer is over soon

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Friday, August 18, 2006 9:13 AM
DanteMustDie wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:Psi is so relative... look at suncavi he barely made 350 whp on 20 whole PSI. Haha.

-Chris-

Sept 21 is the first day of fall. I have well over 5 weeks. Keep chuckling over 15.5 @ 89 mph, or soon to be 14.x a 9x mph... nobody knows what's going on right now... and you have no clue what it takes to get a car to 29 psi. So keep giggling and enjoy 5 psi, chuckles.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Friday, August 18, 2006 9:20 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:
DanteMustDie wrote:

-Chris-

Sept 21 is the first day of fall. I have well over 5 weeks. Keep chuckling over 15.5 @ 89 mph, or soon to be 14.x a 9x mph... nobody knows what's going on right now... and you have no clue what it takes to get a car to 29 psi. So keep giggling and enjoy 5 psi, chuckles.

-Chris-

whhaaa, aren't we all and mighty...

can't take a joke right ? It's a funny paradox, you say you don't brag, and in the same sentence you say you'll max out a 3 bar map sensor soon. Wasn't it Winter 2006, then Spring, and now Summer ?

I poke fun at you, and you insult my intelligence without knowing me ?

take a deep breath man...... don't take the internet so seriously. I don't, so I'll ignore your insults...

all better now ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:26 AM
Not bragging, I just find it annoying that people laugh at what they don't understand. It takes a LOT of time and tuning to get up to that level, you don't just stick it up there and go bezerk...

I rarely take the internet seriously... don't worry. I apologize for making a statement about the GMSC, but I didn't insult your intelligence.

We'll take this to IM's... on with the subject.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Friday, August 18, 2006 10:00 AM
Why does anyone care who buys what software or not? Why does eveyone care who's tune is better than the others?
Yeah, tuning us tough stuff. Especially if you dont know what you are doing. Which is almost every person on this forum. But also I think a lot of people lack the "vision" so to speak. In the last year I have been buying books and reading every possible article I can about computer controled cars and tuning. And that puts me at about 0 tuning intelligence. I think the problem that people have is not knowing how to explain tuning to a noob. Everyone says, you have to understand what you are doing before you do it... yeah true. But yet completely false in the same respect.

If you understad evey part of the ECU in a vehicle. You might still suck at tuning. And that is the main point that kind of gets me here. I think every member on the org should own HP tuners for the simple fact that experience is the key. You going to have to @!#$ around to learn. You need to make changes that might give you negative affects. This way you learn what happens when you make a minute change.

The saddest part about this whole thing is all these people saying to take it to a real tuner who has a dino. Dont get me wrong, that is the single BEST way to get a proper tune. But yet, the tuner you are paying may not know more than you. The simple fact is that the only reason he is good is because of the data output from sensors. So he just takes that info and changes somthing. But guess what. He sucked at even this form of tuning way back when. But he got experience that allowed him to at least read data and make changes. If we all had some kind of tuning device to learn on we could all be in his shoes if we wanted to.

I think this thread brings out very valid points in the realm of getting a perfect tune, but completely misses the point that most just want to learn and experience is the key to learing.
Monday, August 21, 2006 10:54 PM
SweetnessGT, so you mock my numbers ah?? I see, if I said something like this I would get banned but I guess for others it is different. Well ain't that a bi^&*??
To be exact I made 335/357 on 23 psi and a race gas mix which was about 100 octane or a little less like 98 with ECU still pulling timing.

Everyone is so quick to judge my car and my set up but yet I only see Bill and Adam running faster than me for now, and I did those numbers say about 100 whp ago.
Well maybe I got HP tuners aplyed to my car, maybe I am running 22 psi and a 70 shot right now, maybe I am installing my new intake manni and a 80mm to it, all this is maybe, you know for whole this time I didn't do jack to my car I just sat there at 11.94 and figured that is enough for me.

Anyways I know that my motor on pump and 22-23 psi cannot run leaner than 10.9, 11.3:1 at most and I cannot squeeze 18 degrees of advance to it, but maybe you can with your perfect tunning capabitities.
Maybe I can on 109 octane.
I can make you dyno 230whp on 22 psi, or I can make you dyno 375. Yes, the psi factor is irrelevant to the equation.

GM said you cannot make 400 whp on a stock manifold are they so sure about this??
Hahn said they floated their valve train at about 325 mark, wonder who is my not floating at 400 mark??
These are promotial features. To get off the subject.

About the dyno thingy.
I have unlimited access to DynoJet, but do I want it?? Sometimes when I wanna see the numbers.
There are so many factors that come into play when you are driving then when you are on the dyno, the people that say dyno is THE ONLY way to go are crazy.
Lets mention a few:
1 Air flow that fans push opposed to air traveling at 70 mph is uncomperable
2 denser charge due to cooling of the IC.
3 Denser charge less heat soak.
4 For god sakes viscosity of motor oil.
5 Type of asphalt that puts resistance to your sticky or not so sticky tires.
6 having an extra person in the car typing in the lap top while you are driving.
7 Coolant temperature/ higher starts pulling timing.
8 playing your radio or having headlights on taking juice out of battery leaving less for the fuel pump.

I mean you guys see where I am getting here.
The last but not least, your Wideband being about 18 inches from the Turbo and the dynoes wideband about (for me about 6-7 feet), lets just say lost in translation or transaction.
Say, dyno for me was always about 1 to 1.5 A/F off (showed me richer than it was), I stick to wideband, the only thing dyno is safe, it records for the most part and you don't have to worry about ending up in jail.
Also, it is a lot easier if you messed something up for your motor to have to endure only one gear through it then 4 being you are at the track.

I by no means have the most and by far not the best but I am getting somewhere with nothing, lets see what this will get me?

Sweetness I do however have one question take my motor for example.
say I am running 11:1 A/F on 18 degrees and the motor makes 330 to the wheels on 21 psi.
I pull fuel to 11.5:1 and the ECU takes 5-8 degrees being at total of 10-13 degrees still making 330 at same boost.
so I leave the A/F at 11.5:1, I take 5 degrees to a total of 13 still make 330.
so without getting into nitty gritty I am either staying on 11 and 18 or 11.5 and 13, given the IAT's are efficient and stuff.
Without doing the obvious and just pouring some 110 or 109 octane in it to band aid the problem since everyone hates it so much when I use it but when Hahn made 403 it was on straight 109 with 18 degree timing advance and like 26-27 psi, are you trying to tell me that is ALL I AM GONNA SEE??
I have a T3/T04S I am suppose to see 600 whp or 15 psi (sarcasm), or there is something else YOU or anyone can tell me about making more HP.

Everyone is telling me I don't make enough but HOW MUCH am I suppose to make and has anyone made more except Hahn on this motor and how??
Please enlighten me, I am open and I have always been to opinions
So far I have made 335/357 on 22-23 psi and a 98-100 octan pulling timing, but with my compression and everything if I had 109 in it and was able to keep my 18 degrees (I was on 12:1 A/F exserted there) I don't see how I could have made much more ever if I was able to throw a couple or few more to say 20-21 degrees.
I would have made it to like 360-390 AT MOST!!! Are those good numbers for 22-23 psi??

So there it is.
You did offend me by making fun of my numbers since I am not made of money and I try hard to get them.
I am NOT a Tuner, just know what my car needs and am NOT able to provide to it, since lack of funds.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:22 PM
The difference between a lot of you is that Jazz PUTS up.. all I see is A LOT of talk going on......

Jazz races his car everyday... and throws up wins... and yet no one contests his 11.94....

I yawn until I see someone come close of all this mighty power coming from everyone....

(I am not dragging my car or making it a dyno queen so dont expect anything from me)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:12 AM
QBE wrote:
I yawn until I see someone come close of all this mighty power coming from everyone....

I really hope you are taking into consideration all the facts when you make that statement.

I have definitely put up the #s. And I have done so with what I consider far more flair.

Qtr mile times that he has acheived with a turbo and 23+psi, I have achieved within .08sec with a 2.4 and a measly 75shot.

HP #s he has achieved with 23+psi and 108 octane fuel, I have achieved within a few hp on only 8psi.

sig not found
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:45 AM
More talking....

Wheres proof?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:23 AM
Correction !!! 23 psi and 98 octane NOT 108.

So my numbers are so bad, tell me all these damn cars that are so much faster or better than mine.
What Sunfire in ITS ALL MIGHT and WHOOPING 2000 lbs, lexan and one piece, sitting on every perfect suspension component there is.

2.4L and a measly 75 shot, the motor still made 350 tq and that is where it matters so how you did it there it is.

I will tell you something however, since both of you claim that gay ass dyno sheet of 220 whp and 350 tq. lmao
Your car went 12.08 @ 113.7 with 350 TQ, and 2000 lbs????? and a 1.61 60foot
Now that is @!#$!!!!!!!!

I went to 11.94 @ 114.7with my 2500, 300 tq, on 16 psi, with a 1.83 60 foot??
OOOOh youguys rocked the WORLD with the Sunfire.
I am NOT sorry saying this because everyone and their mother is STABBING AT ME, the only person I don't feel bad for saying all this is Karo, who is getting brought in the mix for no reason.

I am out of this @!#$ thread.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:59 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:More talking....

Wheres proof?

I am truly sorry you suffer from egotistical blindness, or maybe just plain stupidity, and its keeping seeing the posts and other info provided.

You are not important enough for my to both searching for links to prove it.

SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote: So my numbers are so bad, tell me all these damn cars that are so much faster or better than mine.

Here is a perfect example of your major personality problem...
I never said the #s were bad. .Doing so would have said my #s were bad also and that kinda defeats the point.

So no one was "stabbing" at you in any way.
But your so hell bent on find a conspiracy against yourself in anything anyone happens to say, that is the only way you can take things to be.

BTW, for accuracy's sake, the Slowfire weighed 2550 last time it was weighed. Moreso, I have no idea where you pulled any of the other #s you claimed out of for our car, but it seems to dark and stinky and you sit on it.

PS- I really appreciate the way you've destroyed the "on topic-ness" of this post... repeatedly...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:54 AM

sig not found
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:23 AM
Slowfire dyno

quarter mile run

Another quarter mile run

There you go todd.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:59 AM
Ummm... who was questioning Karo?

I am questioning protomec, MFK, Sweetness....

you guys are all talk right now... but no proof..

not egotistical in anyway on my part.. I am not bragging about my car and how fast it is or how much power its making am I? No.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:08 PM
Exactly as I stated ....

Some where you missed it that I built the slowfire, Karo owns and drives it.

I am also the builder of Skilz10179's engine(hence 8psi turbo comments).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:15 PM

sig not found
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:26 PM
So after I Hp tune Phils car and it destroys the #s put down by any of those cars except suncavi and hahn I can swing my coconuts about being a better tuner than you about something I don't even own?

OK I'll be sure to do that

I dont know how you can compare a fiberglass racecar (especially one thats not even being run anymore) with slicks to a street car anyway but thats fine

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:41 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:So after I Hp tune Phils car and it destroys the #s put down by any of those cars except suncavi and hahn I can swing my coconuts about being a better tuner than you about something I don't even own?

OK I'll be sure to do that

I dont know how you can compare a fiberglass racecar (especially one thats not even being run anymore) with slicks to a street car anyway but thats fine

Matt.. I really dont plan on going over 350..

And you CAN'T compare Karo's car to suncavi's or mine... put as much money into our motors as karo did and we'd see over 500 whp.. I think I put in my motor like 1800 bucks...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:54 PM
Suncavi? Mocking you? Who said I was mocking you I was making a point.

Spyhunter made almost as much WHP on you at 1/3 the psi.

Hence PSI being relative.

No need to take offense I was making a point, NOT knocking you.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search