Coming soon... - Page 12 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Coming soon...
Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:01 PM
sucks to hear that your still out of commission... good luck getting back in ship shape

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:29 AM
Hey shifted, If you need help let me know. I will have some time in May. If you want let me know what your using for programming and I could handle the crank decoding for you. I've done several wheel codes for the MS before, mostly flywheel vs. cam but its all the same. That way you can roll this out without the need for the ICM and future hardware revision.
EDIT: -I know this is your baby, just offering some help, no biggie and I understand if you dont want it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 24, 2008 7:30 AM
Monday, March 24, 2008 8:55 AM
Any help is always appreciated...

I'm writing it in C, the processor is the Atmel AT91SAM7. The compiler I'm using is Keil (although I can port from GNU or ANSI C).

I saw the tooth counting going into an interrupt, then being serviced (for determining position, etc) in a function run each time through the main loop. I'd like to support any count toothed wheel with the standard missing teeth.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:29 AM
Yeah, I can write a setup for a M>N where M =# of teeth and N = #of teeth missing, that way it will use user input to setup the wheel. The requirements would be no more than one set of missing teeth in one rotation(can do it but would be a whole other routine). I will also need access to some of your global variables such as # of cylinders and such and I will need to know how you want me to store the variables I would like #of teeth and deg. off set of tooth 1 to cyl 1 TDC, stuff like that. So i guess the best for me to do it would be to get your program from you when I get started and you tell me how much memory I can have and if you want to use some variables outside of the routine(global or local, ect.). Depending on how much you let me have we can do some really crazy stuff like measure decell rates from past wheel rates and trigger outputs. You can also do that from a RPM derivative slope vs. TPS vs. time which would use alot less memory, so scratch that.....lol. Are you planning on batch fuel first and progress to SFI or do you want SFI right off the bat......basically asking if you want a cam trigger too. Also, how many outputs do you have, would you have room for COP or stick with DIS? -you could also run COP DIS but would require serious power requirements. OK Im done.

EDIT: Me personally would like to see somebody one here (cough....."MR. LD9" cough) make a pulley for us with a 36-1 EDIS wheel pressed on....the factory trigger works but I wonder if someone couldn't build a motor to out-rev its accuracy to a mild degree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 24, 2008 9:39 AM
Monday, March 24, 2008 2:54 PM
Joshua-

Get to me by email or PM, I still don't have a full list of global variables (I'd like to keep them to a minimum). Let me know what data you need, what data you need to be persistant, and we can work out what needs to be global and what we can keep track of other ways.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:58 AM
I read this whole thread. Shifted is the man. There will be a calling for these computers. I for one will be purchasing one of these computers as soon as they are made. When I get the s/c on my car this will be the very next part to go under the hood. I hope for a great recovery for you Shifted, this computer I think is going to take off like a rocket.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:48 PM
fiddling my fingers, while patiently waiting for this!

Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:48 AM
When this is made, I think it'll be the death-knell ringing for HPT for our platform...

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Saturday, April 05, 2008 3:52 PM
There's stuff in here that even I can understand and be excited about

Monday, April 14, 2008 2:22 PM
Just wondering if there is anything new going on with this thread, and to keep up top. The other thing is how is the recovery going?
Monday, April 14, 2008 3:37 PM
I start physical therapy on monday, so I'm hoping by next weekend I can knock some things out hardware wise. I've been working hard with microcontrollers here at work, so I know what I'm doing there now. Now its just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I've also changed the processor to a 96mhz ST Micro STR912FAW44, has the horsepower I need and I know how to work with it very well.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:06 PM
Good to hear that your on your way to recovery, and very good news about the computer. When this is complete you can count at least one of them sold.
Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:59 PM
i think he has a pile sold already lol..
Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:42 PM
its basically why im holding off on buying HPTuners, hopefully this can be done by the end of summer!

Friday, April 18, 2008 1:46 AM
Just echoing what everyone else is saying but keep up the good work! Hope you have/are recovering well. Lets get some progress done!

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:40 PM
so shifted how you been? any progress on the recovery, or how about the dreadful physical therapy?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:45 PM
I'm pretty much fully recovered, aside from not being able to lift with my arm...

A bit of an update:

I've got the software mapped out, I'm doing a combination of the MegaSquirt software with a touch of the AEM Tuner software. This will allow you to hook in the analog and digital I/O to whatever channel you want (as long as analogs are on analogs, digitals on digitals) and you set what it is in the software. I expect to have the software done by the end of next weekend (not this weekend), and I should have the interface proto-board done within 2 weeks after that.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:39 PM
Knocked out a couple hundred lines of code tonight, will continue tomorrow. Here are the challenges I currently face:

1. Not enough timer inputs/outputs. I only have 4 timer channels, I need one for a periodic high speed interrupt, two for PWM on the injectors, and I need one for the crank, and one for the cam sensor. That puts me at -1 timer's. I might be able to drop the cam sensor though, I'm still looking into it. I might also just put the cam and crank on an external interrupt line and count them that way. I think I need to talk to Josh about that one, email me if you can Josh.

2. Not enough ADC's, and they are only 0-3.3v. I think I have this solved, I will purchase an 11 channel (possible 2 of them) SPI ADC's from Texas Instruments, that would give me 22 0-5v and around 4-5 0-3.3v analog inputs.

3. I'm trying to blend the AEM with the MS, since the AEM has a lot of features I like, so I'm trying to work that code in.

4. The MS code is a mess, no offense to B&G... Things should have been broken out into distinct functions, and the variable naming just sucks in a lot of places. Its hard to follow what they do in some places, like the following code:

DISABLE_INTERRUPTS
ultmp = lmms;
ENABLE_INTERRUPTS

I'm not sure what ultmp and lmms are... I know they hold the time, but that sequence of code appears all over the place and I'm not sure why its being updated there and not in the interrupt...

Anyway, small issues, and I'm definitely moving forward.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:32 PM
Yaye!! Shifted will be the reason my car runs!
Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:47 PM
Got more knocked out tonight, will hit it hard on saturday since I have to sit at a boat show for work.

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:29 AM
Project is being moved open-source, more on that later...

Friday, May 02, 2008 5:55 PM
^OOOOO man..........thats an awesome idea right there....I'll email you soon, I'm just busy right now. Not ready to start on that one just yet.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:44 AM
Sourceforge.net Link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/shiftedecu/

I'll get the existing code uploaded to the CVS as soon as its a little more complete. Right now I just have the fueling framework done, I need to fill in the functions for most of the stuff yet.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:55 AM
^I just membered up user: "jbryantd" - I'll keep checking back to look for updates, haven't figured out how to join a topic yet.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:14 AM
^ After you activate your account (says its inactive) I will add you into the project.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search