How to! Removeing side mouldings - Page 5 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How to! Removeing side mouldings
Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:18 PM
I just got a little bit up (about 3-4inches) and then PULLED and they came off. It was a HOTT sunny day.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:28 PM
question.. i got the drivers side moulding off today.. came off pretty easy, but after using glue gone and a hairdryer to remove the sticky @!#$ theres a small layer of it where the short back moulding is that just wont come off.. is there something better than glue gone I can use or will a buffer take care of it?

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:08 PM
i used 3M adhesive remover from napa/vip. or you can just use some alcohol lol

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:55 PM
Also, if your car is lowered at all, the molding doesn't do @!#$ to protect the sides of your car.
Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:39 PM
I didn't even use a hair dryer. Some muscle and it came off pretty quick! Check it ooout!

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:12 PM
Why does the GT always have to be different?

My moulding is almost falling off behind my door, but if I pull it off it is going to leave holes, and I just can't have that.
Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:41 PM
Alright, so i just removed my side moldings off my white z24 and theres a faint yellow tint where the molding used to be. What can i do?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:16 PM
Holy thread from the dead Batman!

Quick question, after reading this post all the way through, it should only be the GT sunfires that have the holes in the doors, correct? I am getting ready for paint and would like to do this to my 97 SE, just don't wanna have to weld all those holes shut. Thanks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search