WOW i cant believe some people (Vid) - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WOW i cant believe some people (Vid)
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:26 PM on j-body.org
i was flipping through the channels the other day and ran across the monk in a robe answering questions and some old lady called in and was like "my son is raising children without god in thier lives and im scared for them"

why?

what is it that your afraid of that they will grow up with an open mind and not be disrespectful of ppl in which they may not know, that thier heads arent clogged with thousands of years old ways of thinking

The ones im truely afraid for are the kids of a @!#$ wierdo like this lady, they are alot worse off

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:29 PM on j-body.org
lets all take a trip to topeka and visit this disgusting, vile, filthy horrible excuse for a church

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:32 PM on j-body.org
id piss on thier doorstep

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:35 PM on j-body.org
id do a helluva lot more than that

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:41 PM on j-body.org
She's wrong, she's false, she should be put to death. The bible says, "Thou shall suffer not a witch to live." She is failing all three of these verses, are some of you christians in here.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:5-8).

"To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get." But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner. I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"'" (Luke 18:9-14).

"'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25).

Don't screw with the Catholics. We wrote the book.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:41 PM on j-body.org
road trip anyone? that would make for a hellva pre meet

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:42 PM on j-body.org
we should go make signs that say GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTISTS and stand outside their church

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:00 AM on j-body.org
oh, and about homosexuals...

Leviticus 18:22 (From the Torah): V’et zachar lo tishkav mishk’vey eeshah toeyvah hee.
Leviticus 18:22 (From the Bible): And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman.

That's a mistranslation of the bible from the Torah (Leviticus exists in both books).
Christians, refer back to Leviticus 18:3 "After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances."

Now, the Torah was given to Moses by God to give to the Hebrews therefore every word means something. And the proper translation about homosexuality (why I brought up 18:3) would be that homosexuality is wrong in a ritual sense (like in those places) or that when a man has sex with a man and pretends he is a woman and not a man OR that if you are gay you will not lure a man to lay with you by acting as a woman.

and EVEN THEN, it only applies to the Israelites.

so... it IS possible to be gay and christian.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:29 AM on j-body.org
Tim, i love you, really

and has anyone ever thought that maybe, just MAYBE the bible isnt with the times?
i mean for @!#$ sake it practically condones rape!
well for the very least it doesnt say its evil as all hell when it is.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:21 AM on j-body.org
So which version of which bible of which faith should be followed? No one knows so why not respect them all? Just because you choose not to follow it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve respect. This chic is a freak and its people like her that make life hell for the rest of us. BUT no matter what sh-t shes talking or hate shes preaching she has the right to say it and preach it. Those troops died up holding the values of the constitution and even tho we may not be in direct fear of being taken over she needs to realize that without them and the sacrifices they make on a daily basis that she wouldn't be able to spew her hate and she would be forced to practice a religion not of her wn choosing. So where she is slapping every soldier in the face and defameing our fallen she does have that right. Its what those who serve have always fought for so don't fall into her trap and say she should be silenced as thats just what she wants youto do.
We should ignore her and her church and they will go away. She an attention whore plain and simple so stop giveing her what she wants.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:27 AM on j-body.org
SpcmnSpff302 (The Link Master) wrote:I'm not going to get into my beliefs one way or another. I just wanted to say, does that lady remind anyone else of that one character from MadTV?

dude that so funny, when i tryed to explain to my girlfriend what this girl looked like, thats the description i used...

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:So which version of which bible of which faith should be followed? No one knows so why not respect them all? Just because you choose not to follow it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve respect.

THANK YOU!! THis sums up my feelings about my faith and everyone elses. Althought there are a select few i dont like to belive in or respect. Scientology for one.

Quote:

we should go make signs that say GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTISTS and stand outside their church

Honestly, i would tottally be up for that

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:05 AM on j-body.org
Welcome. If more people could think as we do the world may not be as efed up as it is now. Peoples beliefs are deep rooted and in most cases can not and should not be challenged.

Roscoe scientology is a cult formed by a si fi author and is not a religion so poke as much fun of Tom Cruise as you like.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:15 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Roscoe scientology is a cult formed by a si fi author and is not a religion so poke as much fun of Tom Cruise as you like.

Thats exzactly how i feel about the subject. But they oviosuly consider it a religon. So whatever.

I was raised to belive in god and go to church. I do not go anymore because honestly i dont know what to belive in anymore. Nor do i care. There are so many relegions and so many different gods who are we to say who is right and who is wrong. I belive in a stronger being and thats it. Whatever it is so be it..

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:38 AM on j-body.org
Hmmmm that sounds mighty familier....... maybe because that sounds just like ME !!
I know theres something out there beyond us that science can't proove but as to which churchs "version" of the truth is the correct truth I'll never know. I just live my life the best I can, help others who need help, and don't go out of my way to hurt anyone. Seriously what more is any religion about then that ? So do I believe in a God of some sort ?
Sure do. Do I feel the need to go worship God every week ? Nope. I live right so I'm not worried.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:08 AM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:I always think its funny how religious zealots like titus pick *one* thing to "be a messenger of God" about.

"God says homosexuality is bad".

God also said that lying, stealing and adulterating is bad, but how many pickiters do you see with signs that say "GOD HATES LIARS"?

I do recall a couple bits and pieces of the Bible from my earlier years:

�Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.�

hmmm....everyone sure seems to embrace homosexuals...

or how about this one:

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death." Leviticus 20:13

ok mister messenger of God, how many cheaters have you put to death? you should be having a hayday, after all, it is your duty, right?

And wasn't there a story of Jesus washing the feet of a prostitute?

Its about acceptance, and tolerance, and love for fellow man.

As far as your argument that gays choose to be gay, are you @!#$ insane? If you had to go through the rediculously tormented life that many homosexuals face, would you stay gay? Honestly. That would be on par with "he chose to be mentally/physically handicapped", or "he chose to be black".

Its closed minded zealots like you who claim to be "messengers of God" that give good Christians/Catholics/Muslims/Jews/etc a bad name.

Personally, I have several gay friends. I love them like any other friends that I have. They are no different, and they sure as hell dont sin any more than you do.

Titus, be sure to read this next line

""He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her." John 8:7

In case you need interpretation, that means until you are completely free from sin, you cant say @!#$ about anyone else.

man i hate bigots

[/end rant]

Every sin doesn't matter how small it is is considered a sin. And I feel that all sins should be punished. I myself sin every single day. I know that I sin and I am no better then anybody else.

Since the Bibile clearly states that a man who sleeps with a man should be put to death then why do we embrace them?

Jesus loves everybody equally, and gives them a chance to come to Him and ask for forgiveness. But if they do not they will be punished for what they have done.

I also see a contradiction here. Leviticus 20:13 says that a man who sleeps with a man must be put to death. Then how can people say that God created us gay? If you believe in the Bible and its writtings you cannot possible think that God created us gay. Because it clearly is stated in this vers that gays must be put to death.

I am in no way close minded. I clearly show respect for everybody on here. Unlike some others who choose to call me names and to send me off to hell. Who have I cursed at? Nobody. So please don't call my close minded because I express my believe and it is contradictory to yours. Just like I respect your beliefs I would like respect in return.

I am in no way perfect. I sin everyday and I will not thrown any stones. It is not me who should give the punishment it is God himself. I do not punish anybody in any way shape or form. Because I tell them about God and what I believe is not punishment. If you consider it punishment then I consider you tell me about your beliefs punishment.

Religion is a very difficult and contreversial thing. Everybody has their own beliefs. And thats fine. But why am I not allowed to express my beliefs to others?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:26 AM on j-body.org
You know I'm all for religion and I know that homesexuality is wrong in god's eyes, but if I ever went protesting outside a dead soldiers funeral I would probably shoot myself after my father kicked my a** first.

Quite frankly this lady needs to either get a clue of be the victim of a drive by, I'd probably prefer the second option.
Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Um not to jump in but Jesus had HIS feet washed not the other way around. But you were close.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:38 AM on j-body.org
Not getting too far off topic...

What do you people think of the Vatican Library?

Any and all thoughts...

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:57 AM on j-body.org
When I was in college I wrote a short story called "1985" to start a debate. The premise was that in the fallout of a nuclear war, someone found a copy of George Orwell's '1984' and read it. They read it over and over until they could recite it chapter and verse. This person annointed himself "Big Brother" and proclaimed his power to the masses. "Big Brother" became their God and this new "religion" became a controlling, dominating, invasive and eventually destructive force in the everyday lives of those that survived the war.

What does this have to do with anything? Simple. "1984", obviously, was a work of science fiction. To those of us with a little common sense, it's obvious that "Dianetics" was too. My contention is that the Bible, the Koran and all these other documents of religious faith are all the same thing...works of fiction that were seized upon by someone with megalomaniacal tendencies to elevate themselves to a position of power over over those that are pre-disposed (or weak-minded enough) to believe it.

Discuss.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:03 AM on j-body.org
In January 1947, Phelps dropped out of West Point before attending a single class, a move that Martha-Jean recalls devastated their father beyond consolation. The same year, Fred Wade Phelps remarried, this time to a thirty-nine-year-old divorcee named Olive Briggs (Fred Wade was fifty-seven at the time). Phelps stopped speaking to his father, citing Biblical restrictions on marrying divorcees. He also broke off contact with his sister, who supported their father's decision to marry Briggs. Olive's sister recalled to the Topeka Capital-Journal in 1994: "Olive would say he grieved over that every day of his life. That he never would have parted ways. It was his son who parted ways." [9]

Phelps' sister recalls, "Dad never really got over it." [10] She also remembers Fred Wade Phelps telling her that every year, Phelps returned Christmas cards unopened; one year, Fred Wade sent photos of himself and Olive to Fred's children, only to have the photos returned cut into pieces. [11]

What a dick head. Seriously just an utter waste of space. Id love to have a half an hour to debate with this ass hole and see what he has to say

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:06 AM on j-body.org
he congregants, when asked by the Topeka Capital-Journal in interviews years later, recalled an incident one Sunday morning when Phelps' infant son, Mark, began to squirm during a sermon; Phelps responded by repeatedly punching the baby in the face. Afterwards, several men of the congregation confronted Phelps about the attack. [23]

He also told the men to beat there wives and children for not listening and preached it every day. I retract my previous statement about the debate. If i met this guy id knock him flat out before he could say a word to me.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:06 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope: Jesus did wash others feet. If I remeber correctly check out John 13. Jesus washes the feet of his disciples.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:14 AM on j-body.org
Roscoe: Wow that is a little bit wack. As much as I believe that it is wrong to have a divorce or marry someone who is divorced I do not think that I would be able to not speak to that person for that reason. So their mother died and their father married a divorcee?

Children who are disobedient need to be punished. Spanking a child is not wrong because this is how he learns what is right and wrong. But when you pass the point of spanking and are acutally beatining him and doing him harm then you need to be stopped. Your wife is old enough to know when she is right or wrong. If you see she is doing something wrong you need to be mature and tell her, not beat her. And if she sees you doing something wrong she needs to tell you and not beat you.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Spanking and punching in the face are two different things..your still a nut job in my book.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search