This whole bad economy thing is a LIE - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 6:53 AM on j-body.org
Alot of people are also lazy and consider many jobs "beneath them" and would rather collect welfare or unemployment. When my bills need paid theres nothing "beneath me".



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 8:10 AM on j-body.org
I am currently collecting unemployment and SUB pay but hope to have that remmidied soon. Because of how I get my job (job pool) I have to wait for my number to come around. In Mi. that will be a while so I am trying to transfer to another state so I can get back to work. I looked around and the rate that "help wanted" signs are coming down is faster that the unemployment rate in Mi. is going up.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 4:14 PM on j-body.org
downlinx wrote:

i dont know wny you all think it is so hard to find a job, i have had 4interviews in the last week and 3 more coming up this week, and i expect at least 3-4 call backs. i say take a look at your resume and perk it up, make sure you using the right words and phrases. Dont feed me crap about experience, because there not always looking for experience, and btw its not what you know that gets you a job its who you know.

congrats to you if your job skills are so superior to everyone else's and in such high demand. what do you do exactly?

regardless of what field you work in, most other fields are experiencing decline. that is, after all, the definition of a recession.

but youre right...a lot of getting a job is who you know, not your actual qualifications. so if your daddy got you a good job, congrats for basking in nepotism.

downlinx wrote:

im just saying that people that are blaming not finding a job on the economy are just finding an exuse.
?????? are you serious??? what other reason would there be for MILLIONS of people to not be able to find a job? we are in a RECESSION. there are millions of jobs fewer than there were even a short 6-9 months ago. so when the market is flooded with applicants, and there are only a few jobs, what do you think will happen to the vast majorty of people who apply? they get turned down. if 100 people apply for 10 jobs at a company, only 10 people will get jobs, leaving the other 90 still out of work. you shouldnt need to be an economist to be able to do simple math.

Rodimus Prime wrote:

well maybe then its just my area, but it doesnt seem that bad when people are out in droves at places they dont need to be if they are in such financial ruin

do you still not get how this works? not everybody has lost their jobs or seen a decrease in income. for those people it is still viable to eat a $15 meal at olive garden or pay $8 to see a movie. now if those businesses suddenly saw a huge spike in sales, THEN perhaps you could be suspiscious of the truth behind our recession. but that simply isnt happening. want proof that these businesses are down? just look up their quarterly sales numbers when they come out. as publically traded companies, olive garden and the likes will have to post what they made, and more importantly, what they didnt make compared to the past dozen years of prosperity. many companies are reporting profits being down 20-40% or more.

i swear....the @!#$ you say sometimes makes me seriously wonder if you arent actually a little retarded. not the wear-a-special-padded-helmet kind, but the forrest gump kind. just below the bottom end of normal--enough to make certain simple things beyond your grasp.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 4:40 PM on j-body.org
downlinx wrote:

i dont know wny you all think it is so hard to find a job, i have had 4interviews in the last week and 3 more coming up this week, and i expect at least 3-4 call backs. i say take a look at your resume and perk it up, make sure you using the right words and phrases. Dont feed me crap about experience, because there not always looking for experience, and btw its not what you know that gets you a job its who you know...
no im not saying that im just saying that people that are blaming not finding a job on the economy are just finding an exuse.

You're an idiot. On average, 500,000 people a month have been losin their jobs because of the recession. This means roughly 500,000 less jobs available per month. Do you seriously think that everyone who has been trying to get a job is just using the recession as an excuse?

So you've got some interviews. Yay for you. But don't be surprized (as I expect you will be) if you don't get offered any of those jobs. Believe me, my resume is impecable, and I haven't been able to even get an interview for some of the jobs that I applied for which I am perfectly suited, and well qualified for. If you get one of the jobs, good for you. If not, let's see you sack-up and come back here and admit how arrogant you were that you were to post that foolishness.

I have never been unemployed in my life, and I have always been able to land myself interviews when I'm job hunting, but after being laid off in September, I have barely been able to get anyone to acknowledge my application and/or resume, in spite of multiple follow-up calls and emails to potential employers. Why? Because for every job out there, there are around 100 or more applicants. I've talked to quite a few people who are hiring who have told me the same thing. What did I do about this? Kept going, and luckily ended up hearing that someone I worked for years ago needed some help. Even though it was only part time, it was a step, so I took it. I'm now working on basicly creating another position for myself with this company, and my boss knows that I can help him grow, so it looks like it's going to happen.

However, that being said, I agree with what Rodimus said at the top of the page, because I have known people personally who have taken this attitude, and their idiots. When given the choice of no job, or a job that might be beneath your usual earnings or "rank", you take what you can get, and keep looking for something better. You don't sit on your lazy ass and take the unemployment (which is sh!t, anyway, compared with most jobs), until that runs out, and then you've got nothing. Good plan.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 4:47 PM on j-body.org
I am at a loss of words for the stupidity of this post . I am one of the 8.1% of American's who is laid off, along with my sister. Thats 2 people in my 6 person immediate family that are unemployed due to job elimination or budget cuts . I have never been late on a mortgage payment in three years. Now I am running out of money real quick . I have looked for work every single day in my field since being laid off from the company to which I worked. I was not a lazy employee and if you said that senseless crap in public you would be eaten alive . This post pisses me off. You need to leave the area of your cell phone employer and go talk to more people you moron. It's fukin bad out there. I know alot of good families that are hurting right now. Close minded people I tell ya , there are people living in tent villages in Sacramento and Seattle and "THIS WHOLE BAD ECONOMY THING IS A LIE" ? You should bite your tongue or think before saying something so absurd .


Windy City TurboZ
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 4:48 PM on j-body.org
Yeah... no doubt the American job market is in the toilet... I'm having a rough time locking down an unpaid internship just to graduate from college this summer. Totally forget a paid internship...

One thing that baffles me, and maybe you can help my Quikness - how can the entire world be in recession? I mean when one power takes a beating such as like what we are experiencing - there has to be a benefactor right?

Is it China or what?







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 4:59 PM on j-body.org
KFLO, unfortunately, the entire world economy is tied together, and everyone has stake in everyone else's economy. Our economy is still the #1, so when we're not consuming, it hurts everyone. It's not a zero-sum game, where a loss in one area equals a game in another. Everyone lives of the prosperity of everyone else.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 5:02 PM on j-body.org
no, not always. when asia had their recession a decade ago, it affected us. our recession isnt creating a power vacuum. its just effecting everyone underneath the top, which we are, so that everyone suffers to a certain degree. when we do good, most other countries do good because we buy buy buy from them. but when we dont buy, and the producing nations arent receiving our money, then they also see a decrease in income. just think of it like an economic food chain.




Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 5:39 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

no, not always. when asia had their recession a decade ago, it affected us. our recession isnt creating a power vacuum. its just effecting everyone underneath the top, which we are, so that everyone suffers to a certain degree. when we do good, most other countries do good because we buy buy buy from them. but when we dont buy, and the producing nations arent receiving our money, then they also see a decrease in income. just think of it like an economic food chain.


I kind of agree with that, so lets Hurry up and buy!
I need to upgrade my membership again. To help the economy, you know..
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:14 AM on j-body.org
Well, tabs for one you do make some good points. but i currently hold a masters in computer science from purdue university and yes this morning have 2 call backs and have those interviews setup and they look promising with them already throwing numbers my way. I am in a field where they will always need people with computer it related skills. so before you go blowing your own horn on how good you think you are, you need to look around and there is always one more person better. yes the economy may be bad in your area, but you need to be willing to look outside the spectrum of your job market and you neighborhood. right now is the time to relocate. btw, all of you guys are looking at the glass half empty, remember there are 92% of the population still working and there are jobs out there trust me when i say there still there. so tabs before you start your rant of how i suck and everyone else sucks because they dont believe your philosophy on everything, think about why I don't have a job and look at what i can change to insure i do get a job. even though you may get a job at walmart or mcdonalds i for one wouldnt look down on you, i have been there. i have been proudly employed buy a superstore for 4 years while i finished school.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:18 PM on j-body.org
downlinx wrote:

Well, tabs for one you do make some good points. but i currently hold a masters in computer science from purdue university and yes this morning have 2 call backs and have those interviews setup and they look promising with them already throwing numbers my way. I am in a field where they will always need people with computer it related skills. so before you go blowing your own horn on how good you think you are, you need to look around and there is always one more person better. yes the economy may be bad in your area, but you need to be willing to look outside the spectrum of your job market and you neighborhood. right now is the time to relocate. btw, all of you guys are looking at the glass half empty, remember there are 92% of the population still working and there are jobs out there trust me when i say there still there. so tabs before you start your rant of how i suck and everyone else sucks because they dont believe your philosophy on everything, think about why I don't have a job and look at what i can change to insure i do get a job. even though you may get a job at walmart or mcdonalds i for one wouldnt look down on you, i have been there. i have been proudly employed buy a superstore for 4 years while i finished school.





what you and the origonal poster is kinda missing is your basing the entire populations ability to find work based on you and your job market and your location. i live in a richer community area, if you look around it doesnt look like to much has changed unless you really look hard. just because your immediete community is doing good doesnt mean you are. and as such just because you had two interview and got hired doesnt mean there arn't people out there with a resume 10x better then your still looking for work. it an employer's market there are so many people looking for jobs now that the employer can hunt and choose who they want to pick, our job market has always been small for my trade, ive never had a fear of finding a job until now. becaues it doesnt' matter how qualifided i am as an engineer, if people arn't building buildings it trickles down to my field. we actually laid people off in december, which for us was totally unheard of and its all to wether the storm. are there lazy people out there, sure, but just because you were able to find a job quickly doesnt mean that everyone else is just lazy and doesnt have a good resume. that is really blind thinking, small thinking.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:39 AM on j-body.org
downlinx wrote:

Well, tabs for one you do make some good points. but i currently hold a masters in computer science from purdue university and yes this morning have 2 call backs and have those interviews setup and they look promising with them already throwing numbers my way.

um, ok? i would give you a pat on your back, but it sounds like youre doing a good enough job of that on your own. ive only a few classes left on my MA. so what? people are losing jobs from all sectors, from the top to the bottom and every where in between. a recession is indiscriminate to education, although it could be argued that the bottom end fares better due to there being no special skills involved.

downlinx wrote:

I am in a field where they will always need people with computer it related skills. so before you go blowing your own horn on how good you think you are, you need to look around and there is always one more person better. yes the economy may be bad in your area, but you need to be willing to look outside the spectrum of your job market and you neighborhood. right now is the time to relocate.

who is blowing their horn again? and you probably dont realize this, but i moved to just outside of indy about 6 months ago. so dont lecture me about moving to another area. like sndsgood said, if you are doing well in your area, then good for you. but be realistic: over FOUR MILLION jobs have been lost in the past few months and those numbers are still on the rise. if you think you are in an impenetrable cocoon with your job skills, then i wish you the best of luck because if/when your industry is hit, itll be all the more hard on you for being so blind to the possibility of it.

downlinx wrote:

btw, all of you guys are looking at the glass half empty, remember there are 92% of the population still working and there are jobs out there trust me when i say there still there. so tabs before you start your rant of how i suck and everyone else sucks because they dont believe your philosophy on everything, think about why I don't have a job and look at what i can change to insure i do get a job. even though you may get a job at walmart or mcdonalds i for one wouldnt look down on you, i have been there. i have been proudly employed buy a superstore for 4 years while i finished school.

neither i nor anyone else said that you sucked. you seem to have a big head about being offered a job or two. get over it. if the economy keeps going the way it is now, do you honestly think youll have a job forever? no.




Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:17 AM on j-body.org
i just lost my job at circuit city... and I have applied at 15 places.. not one single interview... that seems bad to me.. or I suck...



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:43 AM on j-body.org
How long have you been unemployed? "just lost job"

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:34 AM on j-body.org
I have to go through a job pool through my school (IBEW apprenticeship) and in the past 3 months I have gone from #84 to #61. Last time I checked we had 1950 journeymen and 178 apprentices laid off. I just found out that my 2 months of work to get a transfer to another local have paid off but I have to wait for my school year to end, so I cant move till September.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:01 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

Rodimus Prime wrote:



The worst thing we can do right now is to stay home and do nothing.

Don't worry be happy!
and I'm serious, don't stay home, go out and spend to get the economy moving.

.


Wow your one of few people I ever hear make sense.Most people are like in times like this you have to save money not spend it.Wrong times like this if money stops flowing inflation and depression sets in your dollar is worth 0,2 cents.Your 10,000 you saved is worth mearly nothign as a loaf of bread costs 100,000 now.Look at zamboway or however you spell it,Mass printing of 50,000,000,000 bills wich cant buy anything.Spend money saves jobs.Im a chef first ones going to be hit if gm and them go down is food places people wont spend that extra then they wont beable to afford a plumber,mechanic or w/e.chain reaction.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:35 AM on j-body.org
Peter Craig wrote:

spoiler wrote:



The worst thing we can do right now is to stay home and do nothing.

Don't worry be happy!
and I'm serious, don't stay home, go out and spend to get the economy moving.

.


Wow your one of few people I ever hear make sense.Most people are like in times like this you have to save money not spend it.Wrong times like this if money stops flowing inflation and depression sets in your dollar is worth 0,2 cents.Your 10,000 you saved is worth mearly nothign as a loaf of bread costs 100,000 now.Look at zamboway or however you spell it,Mass printing of 50,000,000,000 bills wich cant buy anything.Spend money saves jobs.Im a chef first ones going to be hit if gm and them go down is food places people wont spend that extra then they wont beable to afford a plumber,mechanic or w/e.chain reaction.


So your argument is to go out and spend all the money you have, because it will help the country? Isn't that why we're in this economic climate? People over extended themselves, and now have no money to cover themselves. Those who got laid off and now can't pay their mortgage. Ya it was probably a good idea for them to go spend all their money to "help the economy", but not pay their mortgage and now lose their house, thus multiplying the problem.

Also, by stopping spending money doesn't cause inflation. Creating all this new money to piss away thru a "stimulus" is what causes inflation. Creating fiat money is what causes inflation. We've had inflation in this country for almost 100 years. I didn't hear people like you whining about it before it directly affected you. But now all of a sudden you care?

This is exactly why we should go back to the gold standard, but I wouldn't expect you to have an understanding how that works.

But keep spending all your money to "help" the economy, that should work out well for all of us






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:50 AM on j-body.org
yeah mass sedning causes it,I didnt mean spend it all.But don't stop supporting restaurants and carpenters,Or money you would normally spend use a damn budget LOL thats what got us here careless spending every1 isnt spending now b/e of it.Now theres no volume in the market.Spending money vrs saving it incase of a collapse is what I said



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:58 AM on j-body.org
Peter Craig wrote:

yeah mass sedning causes it,I didnt mean spend it all.But don't stop supporting restaurants and carpenters,Or money you would normally spend use a damn budget LOL thats what got us here careless spending every1 isnt spending now b/e of it.Now theres no volume in the market.Spending money vrs saving it incase of a collapse is what I said


This statement is incomprehensible. Could we get it translated into English possibly?





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:08 AM on j-body.org
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:

i just lost my job at circuit city... and I have applied at 15 places.. not one single interview... that seems bad to me.. or I suck...


Same story for me, except it wasn't circuit city, and to the guy that said that we won't work jobs that are "beneath" us...try again buddy, I've gone literally everywhere from McD's to Ace Hardware trying to just get some sort of income. In my area there simply aren't any jobs. I just happened on a lucky break, they are building a new super wal-mart about 15min from my house. Maybe with any amount of luck I'll be able to sling tires and change oil for a couple years while I go back to school to finish my degree in Mechanical Engineering. Maybe by then Prime's "conspiracy theory" will be over and I'll be able to get a job back in manufacturing or something.



---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:49 AM on j-body.org
I just moved out of Michigan to VA.

Obvious I could not find any employment in the automotive field, so I seeked retail employment as I too need an income of some sort, and quickly.

I instantly had an offer from Wal-Mart, but only for part-time cashier starting. I passed. Then received an offer from Target, but was only offered minimum wage. Sorry, but for minimum wage I would never apply myself like I did at my previous employer. You want a great worker, you pay for one. I played along and thankfully the day of my interview Lowe's called me. I was hired in seasonal unfortunately but if I apply myself I should have no issue going full by my term. date. I was also hired into a higher-ranking position and pay-scale to boot due to my prior experience. Not many employers look at your prior experience as well as they did.




Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:18 AM on j-body.org
I have to finish my school year (Aug. 22) before I can complete my transfer to another local and leave Mi. I was hoping for a mid term transfer but that isnt allowed apparently. Time to find everything I can that I dont absolutely need and go on a selling spree.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:05 PM on j-body.org
Peter Craig wrote:

yeah mass sedning causes it,I didnt mean spend it all.But don't stop supporting restaurants and carpenters,Or money you would normally spend use a damn budget LOL thats what got us here careless spending every1 isnt spending now b/e of it.Now theres no volume in the market.Spending money vrs saving it incase of a collapse is what I said

While I agree with JO3Y, that this is a bunch of garble, I generally get the point that you think it would fix all of the problems if people would just go out and spend?
A couple of questions for you, which I mean as no insult, but to make you think about it: do you live on your own and fully support yourself, and have you ever managed anything (and I don't mean supervised, I mean managed--i.e. been the one who is ultimately responsible for a business)? Given your age, I suspect you do not have enough experience in real world financing and economics to understand that which you speak of as having such a simple solution.

Your theory might have worked 18 months ago, when there weren't a half million people losing jobs per month, but since we're hemoraging, and many people who haven't yet lost their jobs are seeing smaller paychecks due to hour cuts, etc., the money isn't in peoples' hands to spend. They are trying to get by, and since they have seen their pay shrink, they expect it could in the future, so they are trying to take care of themselves, and rightly so.

What needs to happen is for costs of businesses to come down, so that they both A) stop laying off and/or cutting hours, and B) can lower the price of their goods or service. Both of these will result in the economy turning around, because as people stop losing their jobs, there is more money to be spent, and as the prices of goods and services come down, people are able to afford them. However, what this administration is doing is everything to raise the cost of business. Read the Cap and Trade legislation, and do the math. Also, if they end up removing the cap on the FICA withholdings, it will not only raise the taxes on everyone making over $100,000 per year, but it will also raise the cost of an employee to the company, since there is an employer contribution to this. You know what both of these will do? Run companies out of the country, or out of business. Both of which will be disastrous.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:00 PM on j-body.org
not to mentionon what quick said, but we dont need people going out and buying a dinner out as much as we need major corporations to start developing again. people are pulling out of jobs half way thru. walking onto a multi million dollar hospital job and just saying, go home were not going to build it now. you need to get the money at the top moving again, instead they are holding onto it to see what happens.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:22 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

you need to get the money at the top moving again, instead they are holding onto it to see what happens.

I think there's a term for that. Actually, IIRC, Obama used it the other day. What is that term...if only I could think of it...











Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search