This whole bad economy thing is a LIE - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:03 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"

How about spoken like I've got lots of successful experience in business management. But then again, you're only ability to debate with me is to attack me in some form or another, since you can't make a factual argument that holds up.

And to your PS, It was a response to the typical statement you made a few posts up, and pointing out to others where your sentiment comes from.


With the way you write, I'm surprised you have not titled your self God yet. Further more, the $hit you write, it's as if you've been absent, or lived under a rock through the eras, but the kicker is you explain your opinions as factual. No matter what I, anybody, or history books says and opposes you, you (God) will ALWAYS discredit it and claim you are ALWAYS correct. People like you have to let them be and let them live in LA-LA land.
Also hypocrite, one more thing, don't bring up "attacking" as you don't do it. Heh, you went as far as to do drawings just to draw attention to your self, so your ego can be bigger once again.
Sorry Quickie, but you're a easy target of absurdity as your words replicates from a man that is a drug abuser and waxes poetically on talk radio. And like I told you before, that man has all the room to talk and spread BS, as that's how he makes money through his character, you on the other hand don't fit the category he defends, nor does DAVE JBO pays you to spread BS.


sndsgood wrote:

Quiklilcav wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"

How about spoken like I've got lots of successful experience in business management. But then again, you're only ability to debate with me is to attack me in some form or another, since you can't make a factual argument that holds up.

And to your PS, It was a response to the typical statement you made a few posts up, and pointing out to others where your sentiment comes from.



quiet warren buffet, why can't you understand that you shouldn't work and strive to be in that upper 1%. you should just work on being in the lower 99% and making that upper 1% pay your way.


Nobody is quieting the genius of the real Buffet. Read again.
Sometimes I wonder if any of you people know or grasp as to what or where is the 1% is?



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 11:32 AM on j-body.org
^^ LMAO. Another post with zero substance on topic, proving yet again, you fail.

Funny that you claim I write as if I haven't been around. Remember, buddy, I've been around considerably longer than you have. You've read about some things I remember, so that argument, if you can call it such, holds no water. I've also asked you before what experience you have that makes you more knowledgable on economics, and given you reasons why I might better understand these things, and that's usually when you duck completely out of a thread.

If you feel like debating a concept in my post, and can do so with an ounce of intelligence, have at it. Otherwise, you're simply wasting space in these threads with your feeble mud slinging and name calling.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 12:41 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"
Warren Buffet is a bad example to use. Despite your desire to vilify all filthy rich people, Warren Buffet is not on Quiklilcav's side. Despite being the world's richest man, he has publicly stated that the rich are NOT overtaxed and if anything the opposite is true. He has even made a challenge to any CEO in America - that if they can prove they pay a higher tax rate than their own secretary, then he will give them $1,000,000 free and clear(and IIRC he was even going to pay the tax on that $1.000,000). So far, no takers...

But then again he is rich, so he must be evil, right?





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:16 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

^^ LMAO. Another post with zero substance on topic, proving yet again, you fail.

Funny that you claim I write as if I haven't been around. Remember, buddy, I've been around considerably longer than you have. You've read about some things I remember, so that argument, if you can call it such, holds no water. I've also asked you before what experience you have that makes you more knowledgable on economics, and given you reasons why I might better understand these things, and that's usually when you duck completely out of a thread.

If you feel like debating a concept in my post, and can do so with an ounce of intelligence, have at it. Otherwise, you're simply wasting space in these threads with your feeble mud slinging and name calling.

Yhea, whopping 8 years, half of it was masturbating to Reagan's wrinkles. But sorry Tonto, age does not mean squat, unless you have a severe case of senile or alzimers. Because again what you write is as if you're oblivious or gullible to any notion of history, era. If you did, you wouldn't get your arthritis-ridden, brittle fingers and type out and praise the failed actions of pasts, or maybe lack of common sense is your con (?). But since history happened so long and now you claim age is a resource to argue with, I wouldn't be surprise that you decide to brush-up on history by turning on the radio.
Also I don't need to re-instate my experiences as I don't have to prove nothing to a woods-living, low life like your self. Besides I answered your question in the past, forgot already?

The day you don't regurgitate what Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter spews out, then I will take you into account, 'till then we are going to have the same crap as before:
-Me telling you $hit.
-You telling me $hit.
-You claim you're God and know everything and every before you is inferior.


bk3k wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"
Warren Buffet is a bad example to use. Despite your desire to vilify all filthy rich people, Warren Buffet is not on Quiklilcav's side. Despite being the world's richest man, he has publicly stated that the rich are NOT overtaxed and if anything the opposite is true. He has even made a challenge to any CEO in America - that if they can prove they pay a higher tax rate than their own secretary, then he will give them $1,000,000 free and clear(and IIRC he was even going to pay the tax on that $1.000,000). So far, no takers...

But then again he is rich, so he must be evil, right?


Depends on which rich right? Poor, middle, rich could have either side of good or evil, no?
Warren Buffet I would consider as stalwart in business thinking and actions, hence his position today.
But if you took my quote comparing to Quikie's (in thought) you sir were miss guided by my total quote. Happens to often by the lack of reading on the JBO.

Faux/fake Warren Buffet was to describe Quickies expansive Billions in his bank account as when he speaks its as if Billions is being threatened by high tax rate; as if we were living in the era when this country was at it's best.
Comprende?


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 3:06 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Otherwise, you're simply wasting space in these threads with your feeble mud slinging and name calling.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Also I don't need to re-instate my experiences as I don't have to prove nothing to a woods-living, low life like your self.



Thanks for playing.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Quiklilcav wrote:

Otherwise, you're simply wasting space in these threads with your feeble mud slinging and name calling.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Also I don't need to re-instate my experiences as I don't have to prove nothing to a woods-living, low life like your self. Besides I answered your question in the past, forgot already?



Thanks for playing.

36 and still can't quote.
Good job sunshine.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:14 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Quiklilcav wrote:

Quiklilcav wrote:

Otherwise, you're simply wasting space in these threads with your feeble mud slinging and name calling.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Also I don't need to re-instate my experiences as I don't have to prove nothing to a woods-living, low life like your self. Besides I answered your question in the past, forgot already?



Thanks for playing.

36 and still can't quote.
Good job sunshine.

28 and everything still goes right over your head.

I quoted exactly what I wanted to.

Since you obviously need everything spelled out for you, I highlighted the important points, where you proved my point, yet again.
You continue to make a complete ass out of yourself and you fail to even see that. No wonder you don't get anything else.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:49 PM on j-body.org
How are we ever going to solve this economy thing with everybody fighting all the time...













LOL




As for the "upper 1%" of society.... the first person that comes to my mind is the owner of the Federal Reserve Bank.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 1:51 AM on j-body.org
You two - if your arguments where not 10% substance and 90% name calling(yet only "the other one" is guilty of this right?), then I might not be so quick to skim over them. Yes, you both feel the other is intellectually inferior, brainwashed scum - I think we get that already. Both of you need to get over yourselves already. Its truly ironic that one of you bothered calling me childish at one point(the reason of which was probably just because I disagreed as best as I can tell) - look at your own posts and pretend "the other one" - or perhaps myself - made them and see how you feel. You guys really are cut from the same cloth IMO - which rather than your starkly contrasting views - is probably the very reason you seemingly can't stand each other. There is nothing more annoying to a person than someone else who reflects their own vices. Equally, a person's pet peeves are almost without exception the very things that they themselves are guilty of. So instead of bickering the way you guys do - why don't you just get a room already? (just kidding - unless you're into that sort of thing - I won't judge )

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

bk3k wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"
Warren Buffet is a bad example to use. Despite your desire to vilify all filthy rich people, Warren Buffet is not on Quiklilcav's side. Despite being the world's richest man, he has publicly stated that the rich are NOT overtaxed and if anything the opposite is true. He has even made a challenge to any CEO in America - that if they can prove they pay a higher tax rate than their own secretary, then he will give them $1,000,000 free and clear(and IIRC he was even going to pay the tax on that $1.000,000). So far, no takers...

But then again he is rich, so he must be evil, right?


Depends on which rich right? Poor, middle, rich could have either side of good or evil, no?
Warren Buffet I would consider as stalwart in business thinking and actions, hence his position today.
But if you took my quote comparing to Quikie's (in thought) you sir were miss guided by my total quote. Happens to often by the lack of reading on the JBO.

Faux/fake Warren Buffet was to describe Quickies expansive Billions in his bank account as when he speaks its as if Billions is being threatened by high tax rate; as if we were living in the era when this country was at it's best.
Comprende?
Interesting to imply that I didn't read - I did. You act as if I took a minor exert from a novel you wrote and mis-characterized it - but I responded to your quote as a whole. I replied to... what you wrote rather than what you apparently think you wrote/meant to write - hence I most certainly did read what was written (rather than reading your mind).

I did not miss the point of what you did say - you where trying to characterize Quiklilcav as a person who "thinks" he is a Multi-Billionaire whom is trying to "protect his earnings" from "oppressive taxation" in which you tried to use Warren Buffet as an example - and I pointed out that Warren Buffet does not fit that mold thus is not a proper example of what you are trying to say.

Now when you just now said - "But if you took my quote comparing to Quikie's (in thought)" - I find that interesting to assume I'd do that based off of your own earlier post which I replied. In that post, you neither quoted Quiklilcav's post/point of view/anything nor did you attempt to refute one single point of his during that. In fact, there was no substance at all in that post. It was a post essentially dedicated to belittling him(and yes I'm aware through experience that he isn't afraid to do the same). So you tell me what I would compare(in thought) when there was seemingly no thought put into it? At the very least - no thought was expressed in what you actually wrote.

If you intended that to come out different, might I humbly suggest that you use the preview button before each post, read exactly what you wrote, determine if that will convey that you are trying to say to someone else (who doesn't read your own thoughts), and revise as necessary. I'll admit that I've averted many foolish sounding and/or unnecessary posts just by READING what I wrote BEFORE posting it for others to read. Sometimes I revise, sometimes I opt to post nothing at all until later - when I've better collected my thoughts and/or when emotion will not cloud my message. You might consider doing the same.





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 2:30 AM on j-body.org
I preview every post I make.... Even if it's just a smiley face and an LOL...

And read it about 3 times.

It can come in handy.... (although some spelling errors still get through)







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 4:44 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

You two - if your arguments where not 10% substance and 90% name calling(yet only "the other one" is guilty of this right?), then I might not be so quick to skim over them. Yes, you both feel the other is intellectually inferior, brainwashed scum - I think we get that already. Both of you need to get over yourselves already. Its truly ironic that one of you bothered calling me childish at one point(the reason of which was probably just because I disagreed as best as I can tell) - look at your own posts and pretend "the other one" - or perhaps myself - made them and see how you feel. You guys really are cut from the same cloth IMO - which rather than your starkly contrasting views - is probably the very reason you seemingly can't stand each other. There is nothing more annoying to a person than someone else who reflects their own vices. Equally, a person's pet peeves are almost without exception the very things that they themselves are guilty of. So instead of bickering the way you guys do - why don't you just get a room already? (just kidding - unless you're into that sort of thing - I won't judge )

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

bk3k wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^Spoken like if he is in the 1% category, good job faux Warren Buffet.

P.S.
I must be in your night mares as you have to include my name every time you express your opinions, I don't know... if I should feel flattered, or tell you; "sorry, I don't swing that way?"
Warren Buffet is a bad example to use. Despite your desire to vilify all filthy rich people, Warren Buffet is not on Quiklilcav's side. Despite being the world's richest man, he has publicly stated that the rich are NOT overtaxed and if anything the opposite is true. He has even made a challenge to any CEO in America - that if they can prove they pay a higher tax rate than their own secretary, then he will give them $1,000,000 free and clear(and IIRC he was even going to pay the tax on that $1.000,000). So far, no takers...

But then again he is rich, so he must be evil, right?


Depends on which rich right? Poor, middle, rich could have either side of good or evil, no?
Warren Buffet I would consider as stalwart in business thinking and actions, hence his position today.
But if you took my quote comparing to Quikie's (in thought) you sir were miss guided by my total quote. Happens to often by the lack of reading on the JBO.

Faux/fake Warren Buffet was to describe Quickies expansive Billions in his bank account as when he speaks its as if Billions is being threatened by high tax rate; as if we were living in the era when this country was at it's best.
Comprende?
Interesting to imply that I didn't read - I did. You act as if I took a minor exert from a novel you wrote and mis-characterized it - but I responded to your quote as a whole. I replied to... what you wrote rather than what you apparently think you wrote/meant to write - hence I most certainly did read what was written (rather than reading your mind).

I did not miss the point of what you did say - you where trying to characterize Quiklilcav as a person who "thinks" he is a Multi-Billionaire whom is trying to "protect his earnings" from "oppressive taxation" in which you tried to use Warren Buffet as an example - and I pointed out that Warren Buffet does not fit that mold thus is not a proper example of what you are trying to say.

Now when you just now said - "But if you took my quote comparing to Quikie's (in thought)" - I find that interesting to assume I'd do that based off of your own earlier post which I replied. In that post, you neither quoted Quiklilcav's post/point of view/anything nor did you attempt to refute one single point of his during that. In fact, there was no substance at all in that post. It was a post essentially dedicated to belittling him(and yes I'm aware through experience that he isn't afraid to do the same). So you tell me what I would compare(in thought) when there was seemingly no thought put into it? At the very least - no thought was expressed in what you actually wrote.

If you intended that to come out different, might I humbly suggest that you use the preview button before each post, read exactly what you wrote, determine if that will convey that you are trying to say to someone else (who doesn't read your own thoughts), and revise as necessary. I'll admit that I've averted many foolish sounding and/or unnecessary posts just by READING what I wrote BEFORE posting it for others to read. Sometimes I revise, sometimes I opt to post nothing at all until later - when I've better collected my thoughts and/or when emotion will not cloud my message. You might consider doing the same.




im starting to like you lol


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 5:08 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

You two - if your arguments where not 10% substance and 90% name calling(yet only "the other one" is guilty of this right?), then I might not be so quick to skim over them. Yes, you both feel the other is intellectually inferior, brainwashed scum - I think we get that already. Both of you need to get over yourselves already. Its truly ironic that one of you bothered calling me childish at one point(the reason of which was probably just because I disagreed as best as I can tell) - look at your own posts and pretend "the other one" - or perhaps myself - made them and see how you feel. You guys really are cut from the same cloth IMO - which rather than your starkly contrasting views - is probably the very reason you seemingly can't stand each other. There is nothing more annoying to a person than someone else who reflects their own vices. Equally, a person's pet peeves are almost without exception the very things that they themselves are guilty of. So instead of bickering the way you guys do - why don't you just get a room already? (just kidding - unless you're into that sort of thing - I won't judge )

I'd like to point out to you the significant difference here. I actually post plenty of pertinent information to a thread (look at the post I made which started him up this time), and it very often gets an idiotic snide remark from Goodwrench, which contains name calling almost without fail. I have not resorted to name calling, but I will point out the inadequecies of his posts, because his answer to almost all of mine has been to ignore the substance and go after me in his weak attempts to discredit. When I called you childish, as you refer to, was in response to a post you had made in another thread, where you resorted to a similar tactic. For the most part, I find that you offer decent arguments, and I am happy to debate that for what it is. However, when anyone resorts to foolishness of personal insults, I will not hesitate to at least throw a dig at them.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Quote:


I did not miss the point of what you did say - you where trying to characterize Quiklilcav as a person who "thinks" he is a Multi-Billionaire whom is trying to "protect his earnings" from "oppressive taxation" in which you tried to use Warren Buffet as an example - and I pointed out that Warren Buffet does not fit that mold thus is not a proper example of what you are trying to say.

Applause, you finally got it.

Quote:

you intended that to come out different, might I humbly suggest that you use the preview button before each post, read exactly what you wrote, determine if that will convey that you are trying to say to someone else (who doesn't read your own thoughts), and revise as necessary. I'll admit that I've averted many foolish sounding and/or unnecessary posts just by READING what I wrote BEFORE posting it for others to read. Sometimes I revise, sometimes I opt to post nothing at all until later - when I've better collected my thoughts and/or when emotion will not cloud my message. You might consider doing the same.

Better yet, I'll just put colorful pictures.

Quiklilcav wrote:

bk3k wrote:

You two - if your arguments where not 10% substance and 90% name calling(yet only "the other one" is guilty of this right?), then I might not be so quick to skim over them. Yes, you both feel the other is intellectually inferior, brainwashed scum - I think we get that already. Both of you need to get over yourselves already. Its truly ironic that one of you bothered calling me childish at one point(the reason of which was probably just because I disagreed as best as I can tell) - look at your own posts and pretend "the other one" - or perhaps myself - made them and see how you feel. You guys really are cut from the same cloth IMO - which rather than your starkly contrasting views - is probably the very reason you seemingly can't stand each other. There is nothing more annoying to a person than someone else who reflects their own vices. Equally, a person's pet peeves are almost without exception the very things that they themselves are guilty of. So instead of bickering the way you guys do - why don't you just get a room already? (just kidding - unless you're into that sort of thing - I won't judge )

I'd like to point out to you the significant difference here. I actually post plenty of pertinent information to a thread (look at the post I made which started him up this time), and it very often gets an idiotic snide remark from Goodwrench, which contains name calling almost without fail. I have not resorted to name calling, but I will point out the inadequecies of his posts, because his answer to almost all of mine has been to ignore the substance and go after me in his weak attempts to discredit. When I called you childish, as you refer to, was in response to a post you had made in another thread, where you resorted to a similar tactic. For the most part, I find that you offer decent arguments, and I am happy to debate that for what it is. However, when anyone resorts to foolishness of personal insults, I will not hesitate to at least throw a dig at them.


Yet, here you are using me, and as always, your opposing side. If I do so many "idiotic snides" or be "childish" why use my name on so many threads on this section? (Where the PS quote came from BTW)
But no worries, I understand you feel threatened from past discussions and your cover is out that you are just a loudspeaker for radio talk hosts, in other words no original thought process.
Listen... err Read, just because you have the time of day to search Right-wing Google (popping links) and respond every thread in the War forum, doesn't mean you're guru or god as you think you are.
I have a feeling this crap will just go forever.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 9:51 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Quote:


I did not miss the point of what you did say - you where trying to characterize Quiklilcav as a person who "thinks" he is a Multi-Billionaire whom is trying to "protect his earnings" from "oppressive taxation" in which you tried to use Warren Buffet as an example - and I pointed out that Warren Buffet does not fit that mold thus is not a proper example of what you are trying to say.

Applause, you finally got it.

Funny how when someone explains the point, you post that they "finally got it", as if you somehow just enlightened them.

So who is it that's got the God complex?

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Yet, here you are using me, and as always, your opposing side. If I do so many "idiotic snides" or be "childish" why use my name on so many threads on this section? (Where the PS quote came from BTW)
But no worries, I understand you feel threatened from past discussions and your cover is out that you are just a loudspeaker for radio talk hosts, in other words no original thought process.
Listen... err Read, just because you have the time of day to search Right-wing Google (popping links) and respond every thread in the War forum, doesn't mean you're guru or god as you think you are.

I referred to you in my original post because you made one of your typical statements further up the page that I wanted to address. Your response to this was, as your responses always are, a typical idiotic response that was about me, not the subject matter of my post.

As for feeling threatened, if that belief helps you sleep at night, that somehow I secretly fear your intellectual superiority, go right ahead and keep thinking that.
In reality, you generally bounce between being about as annoying as a mosquito buzzing around my ear, and someone I can have fun with on here, because you're constantly making yourself look like an idiot, and while I do generally post here for the purpose of having real debates with people, it's fun to fuel the fire of your stupidity by pointing out your lack of real understanding of things.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

I have a feeling this crap will just go forever.

Your stupidity will most definitely go on forever, so eating a slug might be a good idea for you.

Of course, it might be a little more boring around here if you did that. Who else would I taunt?







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 10:03 AM on j-body.org
think the point bk3k made is really fitting in, he pointed out how both of you are just basically calling the other one out, not even mentioning the original topic, if your just going to both sit there and go back and forth not bringing anything up besides saying the other one is wrong you might as well just take it to pm.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Jason, did you even read my original post on page 4? It wasn't even addressed to Goodwrench.
Toward the end I simply mentioned his argument and why it is easily believed. It wasn't an attack, it was a point on topic.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, June 05, 2009 10:21 PM on j-body.org
I guess this is called the war forum for a reason...

but holey Christ ...

Kiss and make up already.





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:24 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Jason, did you even read my original post on page 4? It wasn't even addressed to Goodwrench.
Toward the end I simply mentioned his argument and why it is easily believed. It wasn't an attack, it was a point on topic.




im not saying you guys do it in every single post, but you start out debating and then it always just goes down hill into im right your wrong whine fest. one of you should just be the bigger man and when someone just attacks you and not the item your debating just ignore it and work on proving your point, if you feel someone is completely wrong. thats fine. prove your point. dont just sit there page after page yelling your wrong.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, June 06, 2009 7:29 AM on j-body.org
OK, Jason, let's go under the assumption that we can get this thread back on topic, with a usefull discussion. I will repost this, so we can skip the next page and a half of personal arguments. I have even removed the reference to the author of an opposing view, so it is absolute pure substance. Would anyone like to discuss this on an intellectual level?
Quiklilcav wrote:

Weeble, the thing is that it's not that the rich or businesses should be getting money, but the government needs to give them the incentive that when they invest, their money won't be taken away in 5 different ways until they barely keep any of it.

There is a simple point about lowering business taxes, higher income bracket rates, and particularly capital gains taxes, that the opposition misses, or simply doesn't believe will happen: the people who have the ability to invest heavily in anything will only do so when they see that the risk is worth the payoff. Right now, the government is giving them every indication that they will be vilified, and taxed through the roof, if they succeed. No wonder none of them are! This has the effect of halting growth everywhere. When the government backs off the taxes, and shows that they are willing to get out of the way, the people who have been sitting on their money will do something with it.

Here's a quick and simple description of how the process works. There is a good reason why anti-trickle down people either don't understand it, or can convince others of it's failure: it's not a quick and direct cause-effect scenario. There are multiple steps along the way, beginning with real investment:

1. Taxes get lowered on higher brackets, capital gains, and business operations

2. People and businesses with money begin to make investments for growth. A good portion of this is in real property, such as building a new strip mall, or purchasing an old one and rebuilding it, or maybe apartment buildings.

3. These all require hiring of companies in the construction industries.

4. Those construction industries give their employees more hours, and/or hire additional employees.

5. They also will most likely be investing in new equipment and expanding their business.

6. Now, both the businesses purchasing new equipment, and the employees getting more hours, or new employees getting hired, starts the spending in the retail world.

7. With retail sales starting to increase, stores begin increasing payroll (more hours and/or more employees), and manufacturing begins to increase due to the increase in demand for products (leading to increase in payroll at this level as well).

8. Because of the increase in goods being purchased, the transportation industry also increases, leading to increased payroll and equipment purchasing there.

At every point along the way, the increases in payroll turns into more money in the private sector which can be spent, and it's all in the lower to middle class. This does not happen overnight, but it's a recipe for real growth because it offers the incentive for investing in growth. This is why it's sustainable long-term, where tax and spend is not. It is also why when we followed this plan, we saw the longest and steepest increase in employment in the last century.

However, if you understand this, you can easily see why it can be misconstrued.

Also, people continue to claim that the people with money won't spend it like the middle and lower class will, as part of the class envy game, but the reality is that people with money will put it where they can grow it the best. When the cost of business increases, it becomes more attractive to make mostly passive investments, like the stock market or commodities markets, because the risk/reward ratio is too low in business. When the cost of business gets lowered, that ratio becomes more attractive, and people will begin investing in projects, or start up businesses. This is the type of spending that will really wake up the economy, not simply throwing a little bit of money at the middle class expecting that this will increase consumer spending enough to make a difference. Consumer spending alone will never move the economy enough to turn it around. It has to come from larger sources, and it has to come from the private sector. As long as the government continues to take from the upper level of the private sector, and dole it out to the lower levels, it will never have the turn around effect. I just don't see why people can't grasp this, especially since Bush tried it twice in the last 8 years, and it failed both times. However, when taxes were lowered, we saw steady growth.





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:53 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:

I guess this is called the war forum for a reason...

but holey Christ ...

Kiss and make up already.



This is why I love a good fight.

Usually the person who believes in his\her convictions wins.


But, with a age of 25, and my back ground, that makes me young and dumb.

Right?

Wonder why I don't fit in with 95% of my age group though, ya know, the ones with the big blissful eyes that thought our saver you elected?


Chris







"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, June 07, 2009 9:19 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^^^^^Im only 3 or so years older than you and I feel the same way.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, June 08, 2009 1:20 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:




But, with a age of 25, and my back ground, that makes me young and dumb.

Right?

Wonder why I don't fit in with 95% of my age group though, ya know, the ones with the big blissful eyes that thought our saver you elected?


Chris


I hear you on that. It is the same group that thinks MTV is reality. I swear watching MTV makes you dumber.



FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, June 08, 2009 7:58 PM on j-body.org
Wonder how I am going to "fit" in to school when i go back this fall.....


ya... should be neat.



Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:58 PM on j-body.org
I only read the first post, so correct me if he changed his mind.

rodimus, you are dumb, and you should fire yourself and give your job to someone who wont be as bitchy cause they didnt get a raise.


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:00 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Wonder how I am going to "fit" in to school when i go back this fall.....


ya... should be neat.



Chris



GED or Community college?





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search