JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 11 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Monday, June 16, 2008 8:15 PM
bracket racing is about accuracy and consistency , bone head. there are 2 lanes, that is about the extent of why you run 2 cars at the same time. It is more efficient. You dial in a time, try to achieve that time without breaking out. It isn't the heads up balls to the wall exciting race, but it is still fun for a lot of people. Doesn't make it stupid just because you don't enjoy it, or even give it a try.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:34 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:real racing is done heads up, if you need a head start, your obviously slower hence theres no point to racing in the first place

ill never be convinced otherwise

you have used that same sentence over and over and over about bracket racing, brackts takes a little more skill than heads up balls to the wall race

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:13 PM
Oh, and one more thing. For someone saying "real racing is heads up" and agreeing with the "run what ya brung" saying, you cry about unfair advantages in a car that YOU started challenging and trash talking (unfair advantages like n2o). So I guess if real racing is done heads up with "what ya brung" I will be running my slicks, a 2-step, and my nitrous.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:52 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:real racing is done heads up, if you need a head start, your obviously slower hence theres no point to racing in the first place

ill never be convinced otherwise

I guess you formed that opinion from observing many Tailights.

My sig:

"Are you sure your A/F ratio is correct? That hole in your Block custom?"
Friday, June 20, 2008 8:47 PM
i havent observed any tail lights in a pretty long time

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, June 21, 2008 3:51 PM
only because you haven't dared to actually go to a race track. don't make it out like you win a bunch of races when you dont even go to race tracks lmao

Saturday, June 21, 2008 3:59 PM
I've made 4 passes this year

Saturday, June 21, 2008 4:26 PM
what track? what kind of cars were you beating? and any timeslips or even claimed times? (the times for 4 passes with a car you are trying to make faster, sounds something you should easily remember)

Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:46 PM
cecil county

LS3 Monte carlo SS I ran 2 times and some 12 sec truck with a 427 in it , me and the monte went back and forth pretty even I of course lost to the 12 sec truck all 14.3-14.5s, horrible reaction times

I should have the exhaust on this week, next thing is tires prob some time just before the bash ill get them so I dont know if ill even get to the track again before the bash. I planned on getting alot more track time before the bash, but as you know things dont always go according to plan and you have to do the best you can with what you got. I'm more concerned with making sure I have the money set aside for my upcoming move. I'm moving into a new place Aug 10th and for part of august I'm going to owe rent at two different places.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 10:08 PM
only updates as far as parts and stuff goes are these: Roush(Magnaflow) side exit mufflers are sitting here in my Hotel room ready to go back home. The tips are at home, and I will be welding it all up when I get back. New race gauge panel being ordered, new autometer gauges. and i will be downloading the 2-step rev limited for my Xcal2 as soon as i get home. Other than that, I don't think much is changing before the bash.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:43 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:only updates as far as parts and stuff goes are these: Roush(Magnaflow) side exit mufflers are sitting here in my Hotel room ready to go back home. The tips are at home, and I will be welding it all up when I get back. New race gauge panel being ordered, new autometer gauges. and i will be downloading the 2-step rev limited for my Xcal2 as soon as i get home. Other than that, I don't think much is changing before the bash.

im sorry, i cant hear you over the sound of how awesome my V8 sounds

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:03 AM
oh Dustin, removing the front sway bar on a V8 does help in 1/4 mile ET's. more than what we orginally thought.

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:08 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:LS3 Monte carlo SS I ran 2 times and some 12 sec truck with a 427 in it , me and the monte went back and forth pretty even I of course lost to the 12 sec truck all 14.3-14.5s, horrible reaction times

you do know that reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with your ET, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 23, 2008 7:09 PM

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:13 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:LS3 Monte carlo SS I ran 2 times and some 12 sec truck with a 427 in it , me and the monte went back and forth pretty even I of course lost to the 12 sec truck all 14.3-14.5s, horrible reaction times

you do know that reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with your ET, right?

true, but matt takes it severely easy off the line... which affects your ET a lot

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, June 23, 2008 8:41 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:all 14.3-14.5s, horrible reaction times

/thread

Sorry man but if all you can get are 14.3s - 14.5s the blower was a big waste of money. I know it can go faster but if you cant drive the damn thing without worrying about breaking it then why even bother.

Plain and simple the cobalt is not geared nor has a strong enough drive line to go down a 1/4 mile track. Stick to the twisties with the cobalt and you will be golden.

You might as well kept the J.

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:09 PM
twisties? Thats what 2 wheels are for....

Monday, June 23, 2008 11:18 PM
bikes and tiny mid engined cars are what i would prefer in the corners myself.. nothing short of a solstice or sky would really excite me in the twisties as far as GM's lineup goes.

Matt, I know. My car hasn't had a front sway bar on it since I have owned it. Any bonehead who says it doesn't help in quarter mile times has 2 things working against them... 1. They have no idea whatsoever, what they are talking about. and 2. They have never owned a rear wheel drive car, let alone one with more than 2 Litres of displacement.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:35 AM
so how terible are these RTs anyway?

Wrench Monkey wrote: Stick to the twisties with the cobalt and you will be golden.

matt sucks at the autoX

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:42 PM
is this still goin on?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:16 PM
Um I never said Ets have anything to do with reaction time. I do launch soft for many reasons, mainly my tires cant grip first gear and the axles arent safe for it.

The car has never been run with the new blower, those times were from 3 months ago on the old blower with no cooling mods basically just a tune only.

I would never sacrifice the cornering ability of my car for a tenth or two of a second, not that it matters I drive FWD so it would be stupid to do so anyway. I believe very much in dragging my car in the same way it is on the street, that means full interior and street tires on pump gas.

Displacement has very little to do with power when your talking about forced induction applications or most engines by todays standards. This isnt the 1960s ya know, alot of old guys still think you need a bigger engine to make more power when in fact they arent using what they have efficiently.

Yea this is still going on.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:23 PM
as far as the "running it the same as it is on the street" the only things im changing when i go to a track are tires, and switching to my n2o tune. everything else is the same. im not one to take my street car to the track and waste my time tearing the interior out and all that either.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:37 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I would never sacrifice the cornering ability of my car for a tenth or two of a second.

1) i got more than 2 tenths of a second by removing the front sway bar. it was more an experiment on my part to see how much (if any) change it would make. i might do it once or twice again later in this year
2) i was at a DRAG RACING event. thats in a straight line. no turning done what so ever except for when im going to the lanes to do my run. and those turns are not even at 10 mph. so no big deal for removing such an item. i thought maybe that part would stick in your head.
3) removing the front sway bar takes at most 10 minutes. and goes back on in 10 minutes. most people who choose to remove it, do it at the track before any runs are made. and then when they are done for the day they put it back on and drive home.

get it now???

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:15 PM
^^^ wow i always thought u had to remove the entire subframe to do ANYTHING with the front sway bar. i guess it would help if i have ever done any work on one lol

tenths eh... wow... my car did feel slower when i installed the rear sway...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:26 PM
also, not sure how it works on the camaro's but on my mustang, if i didnt want to completely remove it, just unhooking 1 side does the trick. but its not THAT hard to remove and re-install.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:26 PM
z yaaaa wrote:^^^ wow i always thought u had to remove the entire subframe to do ANYTHING with the front sway bar. i guess it would help if i have ever done any work on one lol

tenths eh... wow... my car did feel slower when i installed the rear sway...

i have a 98 camaro LS1.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search