NEW Interior FAQ - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NEW Interior FAQ
Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:24 PM
well i'm still kinda waiting to find out where to get that primer too.soon would be nice gonna be going to get paint next week to start the interior

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:15 PM
some asked if u pull out your airbags will your car still run the answer is yes but make sure u leave the airbag computer box that is under the passanger seat plugged in otherwise it will not run
Friday, January 14, 2005 12:31 AM
very nice job on the painting the interior part i owned a 1998 jetta yes i was dum for selling it but hey and i painted the interior blue and white with the krylon fusion and all my buddies said they have never seen a painted interior that looked that goood just put a bunch of coats on it and i didn't even use a clear coat and it was just fine
Monday, January 31, 2005 10:40 AM
anyone know how to get the ebrake handle off, i have been trying to get that off so any help on that matter would be appriciated. <br>

Monday, January 31, 2005 10:49 AM
The ebrake handle needs to be cut off in order to remove it.

Additionally, most ebrakes are straight - ours however, is curved. If you have an aftermarket knob, it's going to require some modification to the ebrake handle mount to get it on there. <br>

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:36 PM
Today I installed my neon tubes under my dash through the fuse box and used a fuse tap, and tonight when I had them on I noticed that my HVAC knobs and my dimmer lights were not working at all. Whats wrong?

I'm not big I play big
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:31 AM
Check your HVAC fuse, you might have shorted something out.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Monday, April 18, 2005 2:46 PM
wow, I haven't had to do this in a while

fixing sticky

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:51 PM
see above post...

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:26 PM
see above post which references post above it...

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:26 PM
hey ive got a friend wiring up led's.
got them off of lsdiodes
2.5volt, 5mm, 20 mA, 220 ohm resistor, three in each series

on a 9volt system they work fine... on a 12 volt they light up for a second then explode
help!!!!

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:17 PM
220 is a tad low. Try a 270 or more.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:34 AM
Quote:

17. How do I remove my steering wheel?
Disconnect your battery. If you have Theftloc or something similar, make sure you have the activation code before disconnecting your battery. Remove the airbag fuse from the fuse panel. Turn your steering wheel straight forward, place the ignition in the "Lock" position, and lock your steering wheel. There are two bolts in the back of the trim, they face the driver. Remove both. Remove the airbag module and disconnect all wires attached to it (the main connector, and the horn lead/ground). If you're worried about it going off, be sure to carry the airbag with the front facing away from you. Put it somewhere it won't get damaged, with the front facing up. Remove the nut on the steering wheel. If the steering wheel & steering shaft don't have an alignment mark, mark them now. Use a steering wheel puller to remove your steering wheel. Anything else could cause permanent damage to either the wheel or shaft. Don't let the shaft turn while the steering wheel is removed!! You'll have to recenter the airbag coil if you do!

Where do I get the activation code from? What if I don't have it...will the car not start? Once I have the code, why do I need it? How do I get this code back in the car?

Thanks!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, September 12, 2005 12:50 PM
Hey...the auto to manual shift knob link isn't working. Could someone post one that is working? Thanks.

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:40 PM
For the rattles in the dash and door panels, just use adhesive-backed felt tape, available in the crafts section at your local friendly Wal-Mart. Cut and fit accordingly, and use it over the screw holes also (the screws will cut through the thin felt fabric.). Use liberally, and everywhere that you can think of. Reassemble your dash, and make sure everything is tight. And then, presto!!! A rattle-free dash a Lexus would be jealous of.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:17 AM
NAcav1604 wrote:about what you need beyond paint.

I will use my Sata Jet HVPL for as long as I live. It’s a investment to me. .

have you had a chance to use a sata rp digital....those things are awesome

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:51 PM
"clearing HVAC knobs" linky no worky. Got another link or a fix?

Saturday, June 17, 2006 2:58 PM
Earl Rourk wrote:"clearing HVAC knobs" linky no worky. Got another link or a fix?

Yea, I'm trying to clear my HVAC knobs, please anyone have a FAQ for that?

Thanks, and great FAQ I'm printing it now!

-Adam

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:23 AM
Clear knobs eh? Just full the rubber part off, you may heat it up if you want to, but mine pulled off with minimal effort.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:26 PM
I was thinking about swapping buckets into where the bench was, but i was worried about how high they will sit with the sliders, any insight into this? or pictures of it completed?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:55 PM
here I got screenshots for the 00+ interior

Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:19 AM
^ wow, that's a lot of information. Thanks for throwing that up here. I should've added this next bit to the FAQ when I first wrote it, but I didn't. Shame on me.

My dash is cracked, is cracking, or will crack up near the window. How can I fix this, or even better, prevent it?
First things first: this is not due to body roll, extreme temperatures, sun baking, overzealous driving, or any of that related nonsense. It's actually caused by a couple of over-tightened bolts which, when combined with some of the aforementioned issues, can cause the dash to crack.

How can you prevent this, additional cracks, or keep the crack from getting bigger? Remove your dash pad, instructions for this can be found at TFM which is linked early in this thread. After doing this, you'll see two brass bolts - one is just to the left of the center vent and in plain view, the other is just above the passenger-side airbag and is in a recessed hole. Back these two bolts up half a turn, and you're done!

Note: this may result in additional squeaking. Solution? Remove the bolts, and purchase a pair of 1/8"-1/4" or so thick rubber/plastic washers. Slip them on the bolts and re-install.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:23 AM
Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:25 AM
HOW TO - Repaint Your Interior (Lots of pics) (a whole crapton of detailed info, still hoping it gets stickied)

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:46 PM
part #18 in the last picture of the GM U.S. Parts DVD can be removed....or cut away like in my case . it stopped me from being able to fit my new DUAL deck in there. that n a install kit made it fit nicely.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search