Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:16 PM
Slide81 wrote:I've had dreams of doing this and you just proved that it is possible, though I'm pretty sure the skill and costs are far out of my reach. You could make a kit!

Don't mind me, wishful thinking gets in the way sometimes

LOL. The engine bay really isn't anywhere close to stock, there is more 1/4" plate in it than i care to think about, and the right unibody rail has be narrowed and rebuilt. I will have someone type (i'm horribly slow ) out a list of the parts and modifications that had to be done- and trustme it is a VERY long list!

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:17 PM
I find it ironic that even when Cadillac made a J-Body, it took public pressure before they made the upgrade from 4 to 6 cylinders. Now we have a Northstar shoehorned into one, and there's the Cadillac emblem front and center.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:34 PM
i thought this was a newb post at first, than i opened it.... holy v8 powaa!

hop on in i've got a J

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:36 PM
damn man sweet @!#$, i wish i could do that, dont have the money or time though
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:36 PM
1997ztwo4 wrote:
LOL. The engine bay really isn't anywhere close to stock, there is more 1/4" plate in it than i care to think about, and the right unibody rail has be narrowed and rebuilt. I will have someone type (i'm horribly slow ) out a list of the parts and modifications that had to be done- and trustme it is a VERY long list!

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case, after I made the post of course :p

But then, good things come to those who try the hardest, right? Or...at least debt xD
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:41 PM

WERE NOT WORTHY, WERE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!! *bows down and waves arms*

one quote definitely comes to mind....

The Fast and the Furious wrote:"so much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line"

lmao, i think it's going to be more so a cavalier ends up on it's roof.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 21, 2008 1:46 PM

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:46 PM
oh god. wanna make me one of those? haha

if you dont mind asking, how much did that little project set you back?
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:55 PM
KFLO wrote:

I remember an old SCC I read several years back that had an older VW with that same Northstar swapped into it, the clearance looks to be about the same.

im pretty sure thats a vw that came outta a shop up here in MN, it was called S&L imports.

and i love the swap, can i have it?

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:05 PM
gmanz24 wrote:
KFLO wrote:

I remember an old SCC I read several years back that had an older VW with that same Northstar swapped into it, the clearance looks to be about the same.

im pretty sure thats a vw that came outta a shop up here in MN, it was called S&L imports.

Nope, it was a 4 door Golf built by Cam Waugh and the crew at CWS tuning... of course he was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years back so I don't know how well he recovered and if his shop is still around or not. I had always said "if they can shoehorn that sucker into a mk2 VW, it can be done in a cav". Glad to see someone finally just did it... Hope you're prepared for the wave of pm's from idiots asking "how do I do that?"... Awesome work though!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 21, 2008 2:07 PM
ah, well, at least the website and gallery still exist... http://www.cwstuning.com/gallery/coupe-degolf

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 21, 2008 2:10 PM
well, i guess i should just not even try to do anything to mine. the top has been reached. Hows the view from the summit? your a rock star man...lol

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:51 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:
KFLO wrote:

Nope, it was a 4 door Golf built by Cam Waugh and the crew at CWS tuning... of course he was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years back so I don't know how well he recovered and if his shop is still around or not. I had always said "if they can shoehorn that sucker into a mk2 VW, it can be done in a cav". Glad to see someone finally just did it... Hope you're prepared for the wave of pm's from idiots asking "how do I do that?"... Awesome work though!

hmmm well idk maybe it was a different one then cuz they had articles up on the wall of their work and they had the northstar v8 in one.
but nontheless amazing

Friday, March 21, 2008 5:02 PM
wow. amazing. There's a fiero with that same northstar v8 that was at the autorama last year. I think I have some pics.
Friday, March 21, 2008 6:20 PM
I love you! your a crazy sir!

Cant wait to meet you and check out the car too!

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:22 PM
that is so badass it's not even funny, good work

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Friday, March 21, 2008 6:37 PM
... if no ones called dibs on the first ride in the passenger seat!

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:09 PM
Darren wrote:... if no ones called dibs on the first ride in the passenger seat!

I think that the ones that helped with wrench time get the first rides Wow, even talking about driving it makes me happy inside!

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Friday, March 21, 2008 8:21 PM
Now I wanna see it running!

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:09 PM
Dear Lord! I want tickets to the track to see that baby run! Oh my God! I guess all that's left is for someone to pull out a 10-cylinder...
Friday, March 21, 2008 10:13 PM
The more I thought about this today, the more I realize just how amazing this swap really is. I envy your talent, hard work, commitment and passion for this project. The work required just to make this fit is ridiculous. However, you pulled off something that most people wouldnt be able to do, you made it look STOCK. That engine bay is so clean and so well put together, the frame rails, the tubs, the welded firewall, they all look like it rolled off the assembly line like that.

VERY well done man, you are an innovator and you have shut many peoples mouths that said it couldnt be done.

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:33 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:The more I thought about this today, the more I realize just how amazing this swap really is. I envy your talent, hard work, commitment and passion for this project. The work required just to make this fit is ridiculous. However, you pulled off something that most people wouldnt be able to do, you made it look STOCK. That engine bay is so clean and so well put together, the frame rails, the tubs, the welded firewall, they all look like it rolled off the assembly line like that.

VERY well done man, you are an innovator and you have shut many peoples mouths that said it couldnt be done.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. That engine looks like I was put there in the factory. The only thing I'd be worried about is the clearance on the front but I think you said something about the mounts being almost solid. Excellent job, mad props to you and everyone who helped make that car possible. Keep us updated on when it's running!

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:51 PM
After you make peoples jaw's drop with the speed, tell them the engine is stock

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:47 AM
dear god .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:31 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:The more I thought about this today, the more I realize just how amazing this swap really is. I envy your talent, hard work, commitment and passion for this project. The work required just to make this fit is ridiculous. However, you pulled off something that most people wouldnt be able to do, you made it look STOCK. That engine bay is so clean and so well put together, the frame rails, the tubs, the welded firewall, they all look like it rolled off the assembly line like that.

x3047

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:49 AM
Go.Stop (Ron Carvalho) wrote:After you make peoples jaw's drop with the speed, tell them the engine is stock

Funny thing about that is he won't be lying. That is simply amazing...I'll take 2.

Awesome job dude, that is by far the best swap ever. What's that engine rated at hp and tq wise, for some reason I'm drawing a blank.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search