Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Monday, March 31, 2008 2:38 PM
nice work

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:52 AM
Well this thread prompted my 1st post after 6 years in retirement....lol.
Good job, I'd like to see a video of it moving when done.
Keep it up!
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:58 AM
Rallyfirenza wrote:Well this thread prompted my 1st post after 6 years in retirement....lol.
Good job, I'd like to see a video of it moving when done.
Keep it up!

Thanks!
I am as impatient as everyone else (actually much more so) to here it run and drive it. But at this point there is no interior in the car, no wiring, no rear suspension, and a big hole where the trunk used to be- lots of work to do yet

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:18 AM
Um' what'd you do with the trunk.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:48 PM
Quick answer: grinder and sawzall
More fun is on the way!

_

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:32 PM
Subscribing since I forgot to the first time I read this :doh: Very sweet set-up man!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:34 PM
gadayum!!! man my hat goes off to ya. 2 thumbs up!!! now i gotta go change my pants

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:13 PM
Man,,,,, I dont want to meet you at the local red light.
The sound would give you away though. You otta make it super quiet so yoiu can snealk up on a unsuspectiing honda.

Nice work, lil too much silver paint for me but the fab work looks awsome. keep it up.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:31 AM
Jo Mx... wrote:Man,,,,, I dont want to meet you at the local red light.
The sound would give you away though. You otta make it super quiet so yoiu can snealk up on a unsuspectiing honda...

Maybe that's why he's hacking up the trunk: get rid of the spare tire well to make room for the 4 mufflers and 8 resonators.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:11 AM
updates!!!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:54 AM
umm... can you say v-8 power!

Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:26 AM
z yaaaa wrote:updates!!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:31 AM
That looks bad ass, give you a lot of credit for that... Cant wait to see it done

One question though, as it is such a tight squeeze.... what happens when the engine torques, i definitely would see you rubbing in places, even part of the pulley system it appears. Or do you have complete solid mounts to avoid that?

Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:03 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:
Jo Mx... wrote:Man,,,,, I dont want to meet you at the local red light.
The sound would give you away though. You otta make it super quiet so yoiu can snealk up on a unsuspectiing honda...

Maybe that's why he's hacking up the trunk: get rid of the spare tire well to make room for the 4 mufflers and 8 resonators.

Running 3 resonators- one under the car, one in each tailpipe- and a camaro style muffler, all 3"
Will see how far i get in the rear this weekend and may possibly have pics, progress seems slow but there is an insane amount of work to do.

Jazer {AzulKav} Turbo Chica wrote:That looks bad ass, give you a lot of credit for that... Cant wait to see it done

One question though, as it is such a tight squeeze.... what happens when the engine torques, i definitely would see you rubbing in places, even part of the pulley system it appears. Or do you have complete solid mounts to avoid that?

The one pic is rather deceiving as it is on an odd angle, there is about an 1 1/2" clearance which will be more than enough- i have learned to use a measuring tape and welder with this project

_

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:03 PM
z yaaaa wrote:updates!!!

The only updates i have are of work done in the back half, we tubbed the rear for bigger wheels/tires, built a backhalf frame, and a roll bar (6point) Only have a couple pics to share from that though. i would prefer if people would refrain from posts on how useless this is on a FWD car as it does serve its purpose perfectly- it makes me happy

From the interior looking back

From the trunk looking forward

_

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:21 PM
Holy crap, you're an animal!!!!

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:24 PM
Looks like much fun.
looking forward to progress.
Very interested to see how the back looks with the way the engine bay turned out

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:41 PM
Very Very nice!!!

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:58 PM
dannggg...

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:25 AM
jnickel wrote:Looks like much fun.
looking forward to progress.
Very interested to see how the back looks with the way the engine bay turned out

Its going to get very interesting when it comes time to mount everything- Fuel cell, air tank, compressors and exhaust. But its the challenges that make it fun Only down side so far is that i may be down to only 2 subs, although i think i may be able to find a place to stuff the other 2 yet.

_

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:35 AM
props. dont give up like others who cut it up and never put them back together.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008 7:42 PM
That's awesome! You're going to be raped by torque steer and and get much worse gas the sound the engine makes when you turn the key will make up for it. I'm sure it'll be a monster at drag racing too.
Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:48 PM
I posted a year ago about our shop having an engine we wanted to get rid of if anyone wanted to do this build.......why a year later??? Awesome job though man. Looks like a killer!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:54 PM
Wow... im pretty much speechless, that's insane!

I REALLY respect guys like you, i mean most of us would dream about doing things like that but never have the money, time and skill it took to complete it. But you have and you've created a monster I can't even imagine the amount of custom fab etc that went into that/ is going into that.

Awesome, Awesome job.

Well Done!

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:55 AM
Mythod wrote:I posted a year ago about our shop having an engine we wanted to get rid of if anyone wanted to do this build.......why a year later??? Awesome job though man. Looks like a killer!

A year ago i was playing with the supercharger still and hadnt even dreamed of doing this. From the time the idea came up to the time the engine was found and in the bay (just fitted, not smothed or cleaned up) was less then a month. It certainly wasnt planned that far ahead.

_

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search