Cavalier XS... you asked for them... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier XS... you asked for them...
Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:35 PM
A few of you asked for pics of the Cavy Z-24 XS... so by popular demand....

more to come as i actually find the time to work on her.....

Re: Cavalier XS... you asked for them...
Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:41 PM
I just shat my pants.
Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:47 PM
Hows the DP working with the A/C? I never had A/C when I made it so clearance was not a concern for me.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:51 PM
holy tight squeeze. loom kills it. like it other than that.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:53 PM
Chris Williamson wrote:I just shat my pants.

HAHAHAHA well, i am sorry for that.... i didnt intend for that to be the reaction of fellow J-body members... i was just more or less expecting that from the owners of the V-8's that I raced...

Well i hope you can get that all cleaned up...

Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:59 PM
mitdr774 wrote:Hows the DP working with the A/C? I never had A/C when I made it so clearance was not a concern for me.

It didnt... It hit the lines... So i had to chop off the flange, rotate everything a bit, make a few other cuts and adjustments, and then weld it all back up.

i had to hack off the WG section, and fab up my own. Somewhere i have pics of the mods i made to get it to work.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:02 PM
s1lver_N1p wrote:holy tight squeeze. loom kills it. like it other than that.

Alot of people dont like the loom... but i already had a bunch of red parts in the engine bay already... and my stock loom looked like crap. so i thought maybe i could tie it all together with the red loom. but not sure it came out as i wanted it to...

Now the blue stands out like a sore thumb.

I wanted to keep the whole car monochrome... all shades on black, grey, silver, etc... but cant always pull that off unless you paint everything....

so this is what i have for now...

I am up for suggestions for asthetic improvements...

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:18 PM
ken soggs wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:Hows the DP working with the A/C? I never had A/C when I made it so clearance was not a concern for me.

It didnt... It hit the lines... So i had to chop off the flange, rotate everything a bit, make a few other cuts and adjustments, and then weld it all back up.

i had to hack off the WG section, and fab up my own. Somewhere i have pics of the mods i made to get it to work.

WG was a complete after thought and I had limited pieces of pipe to use hence it looked so crappy. It worked but wasnt pretty.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:23 PM
boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

East bound and down, loaded up n' truckin!!!
Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:35 PM
Looks good minus the loom, I would either go with silver loom or black if needed. Also maybe paint the top of the IDI Cover to match the blower.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:49 PM
Yeah i have plans for the IDI cover... but other things take priority now.

Black looks too factory and plain... Chrome loom would be cool, but it is $$$ and only comes in certain sizes.

I went with red to match the MSD stuff that is all red. Coils, wires, DIS-2... poly motor mounts... K&N filter... too much red stuff you cant easily hide or change... so i figured if you cant beat em, join em.

So i thought i would go with a red accent theme in the engine bay... right now it is out of balence, and needs help.... but this is not a show car... so a pretty engine bay takes the back seat to functionality.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:58 PM
I like this twin-charged deal a lot.

The loom wouldn't be bad at all on the wiring, but you have unnecessary nonsense like coolant and A/C lines loomed. That's what makes it too much and plain overkill.

Keep up the good work .

Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:10 PM
it started with just wiring... but then i noticed that there are almost no wires visible on top of the engine..... and there was alot of ugly rubber and metal lines... and i had extra red loom... so figured what the heck.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:35 PM
wow. idk what to say besides that is completely badass. get this thing on a dyno!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:00 PM
Im gonna guess 230ish whp.

LMAO, i like your "jackstands".

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:59 PM
i am a big fan of the "jack stands" as well.... hahahaha. i cant wait to see some numbers!

Sunday, October 19, 2008 12:11 AM
wow. nice, very nice

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:11 AM
oh yeah, I have some 2002 Z24 Aluminum "jack stands" for sale... They can also be used as wheels.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:35 AM
the hood and loom are the only things that get to me

other than that, very nice. when you expect to be on a dyno or track?

Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:33 PM
wow that looks nice man..... is it running yet? vids?

Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:47 PM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:wow that looks nice man..... is it running yet? vids?

Yeah he brought it to the Columbus meet today, unlucky for me I showed up late (as usual) and didn't get a chance to look at it

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |

Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:46 PM
Every mod to the exterior really kill it for me. Personal taste, I just don't like the hood, body kit, fenders, or wheels on it.
Other than that, bad ass that you are going twin charged. Good luck with it. Hopefully everyone who is praising yours doesn't change their opinion a year down the road because the bandwaggon says "hate this set up because a turbo would have been easier to get those numbers".... I guess when someone new tries it, it is different from when people start talking about Josh when he twin charged his fire.... oh well, neither here nor there, just be prepaired for people with turbo'd cars that put down the same numbers come in to bitch and whine and cry about how you wasted your time and money doing something unique.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:58 PM
Great job though the bumper/fender/hood are nasty.
engine bay look nice!

Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:25 PM
My God................

BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Monday, October 20, 2008 5:11 AM
nice set up man. Can't wait to see some numbers out of that beast.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search