Sharpie Cavalier - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sharpie Cavalier
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:12 PM
I have a cayenne red coupe and after deciding that the color match would be too expensive for stock I started gather panels and came across a deal on white hood, doors, fenders, and a black dash, and mirrors for $100. I was tossing around what color I was going to go with but as I was looking something different I came across the Interenet-famed sharpie Lamborghini. And I thought to myself, "Sharpies are pretty cheap, and if it looks like crap I can still paint over it all."And it just snowballed from there.

As of right now I have only had time to do the hood and fenders, but I will be doing the doors and trunk soon....

I thinking black roof and door ridges, white painted door handles and mirrors And the rest all sharpie etc.

Re: Sharpie Cavalier
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:27 PM
This thread is worthless without pics

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:40 PM
Let try that again! Wrong url's.... dur dur dur

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:44 PM
Actually looks really good, but its hard to tell when there not on the car
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:44 PM
Please come draw on my car now!!

Serously I love it! I love when people do something out of the box, and in this instance it's full of win! You are planning on the whole car, correct? Keep the progress coming, I'm excited to see an end result!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:45 PM
NEAT
I'm hoping you'll at least clear coat them?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:52 PM
@Brad, that's the next hurdle is figuring out a clear that wont cause the ink to run...

@Yoder, maybe this summer, your not far and by the time the car is done my chops will be good enough to be even better.

Semester ends in two weeks, and it's full steam ahead on the rest.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:16 PM
Thats so sick.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:31 PM
woww that actually looks really good
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:41 PM
03cav83 wrote:woww that actually looks really good

This!!!

I was expecting to see the panels colored with the sharpies, but not this, thats really awsome!!! Cant wait to see the rest!!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:44 PM
takes time thats for sure.

look neat and different.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:33 PM
I'm a fan, I hope the clear goes on smoothly.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:00 PM
They make clear in a spray paint can, or maybe look into some art type spray on stuff. Go to hobby lobby and ask someone what they would recommend
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:11 PM
looks really good!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:32 PM
davedmp wrote:@Brad, that's the next hurdle is figuring out a clear that wont cause the ink to run...

@Yoder, maybe this summer, your not far and by the time the car is done my chops will be good enough to be even better.

Semester ends in two weeks, and it's full steam ahead on the rest.

I would look into a clear sealer to basically use as a mid-coat before laying clear...that or if you don't mind some wet sanding, pour a thin coat of epoxy resin over the panels, level it out, then clear over top of that. I've had a customer who had some interior panels covered in stickers and wanted it cleared, and I used the epoxy resin to protect the stickers from th clear (as well as leveling the surface).

I would definitely love to have you do some work on my car...I should be repainting in th next month or two, and I have a few ideas for some accents, mainly in the interior, and you sharpie art would be perfect.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:48 PM
that looks pretty damn nice man. have you thought about shading or filling in with a second color?

Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:40 AM
This is what I planned for a bunch of my interior. I LOVE IT!!!

Is this all freehand?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:42 AM
@EVOFIRE the fenders we like 2 hours a piece, the hood was much more, and also my gf did some henna filler on the pass side of the hood which is supah-time consuming.

@Twenty4z- yes this was all free hand. With the exception of the large center hood stripes, i had to lay tape down to get those equilateral.

@Splalatero- I have done some small drawings of things with color but they end up looking ghey. You either have to add lots of color, or none at all. Adding a second color raise the difficulty and time entirely too much. At that point you get into the discussion of whether it would be better to design a vinyl and have it printed.
Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:54 AM
intresting, i think it be neat seeing the whole car this way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:44 AM
not too bad looking curious to see how u tie the rest of the car into it.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:20 AM
i love it thought it was gunna look like shart but i was wrong good job keep it up

Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:41 AM
They did this same thing to a lambo. It turned out pretty good but I'm not sure if the sharpie inks hold up well to sunlight. One way to find out.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:31 AM
Looks great I want some now

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:54 PM
love it bro
Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:23 PM
from what i see it looks good...but didnt you say this was going to go on a cayenne colored car? if so, i cant say i approve. but if its all one color and done like this, and you get a good clear thatll keep it from fading, then i say A+

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search