Alittle preveiw for 2012. - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Alittle preveiw for 2012.
Friday, July 13, 2012 6:40 AM
Looks amazing bro! Now come over an,give me a ride to convince me to get a harrop

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)

Friday, July 13, 2012 8:19 AM
Im wasting time in Reading ATM, just waiting for Oldskool to get out of work so we can go tuning. I wont have any pics or vids till tomorrow night.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, July 13, 2012 9:21 AM
Tinkles, I have the similar idea with the paint work that you had done on your hood, but just with a stock C/F hood. Anyway, love the way your Cav is turning out. Nice work.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, July 13, 2012 9:22 AM
Stop teasing us and take a vid of you revving it up so we can hear this thing!

But seriously - good luck with the tuning I bet it's going to just eat VE's for lunch down low in the maps.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:41 AM
How the day started. Less than 12 hours after "completion", it is on the alignment rack.

Front camber is set to -1.5 up front and even though i have 1* camber shims in the rear my camber is -.8(L) and -1.8(R). I'll just order up either another 1* shim or a 2* shim and toss it on the left side.

After wasting a few hours and washing the car, i just had to have it see it's "twin" again.

After that it was tuning time. For some reason it takes 7-8 minutes to flash my PCM, so we passed the time by taking a few pics.

And the money shot.

I owe a big thanks to Matt(Evilution) for all of the body work, Mark@OEM/Snowman for the "Custom F-body" rear disc conversion, and to Ryan(Oldskool) for being crazy enough to willingly tune this pig.

The review so far:
-The car GRIPS. It is soo much better than last year.
-The racetronix pump is amazing. We went from having to lean the car out to 12:1 in the higher rpms to maintain a 85% duty cycle with the M62 with a 2.9 to having to pull ALOT of fuel(it was 9:1 in some spots) from the old tune with the Harrop with the 3.3" on it. We ended the day with ~75% duty cycle on the same exact injectors. We have the room for the stock 3.15" pulley.
-The Harrop. OMG. I jumped up to 15-16psi(TVS/3.3") from 12-13psi(M62/2.9"). IATs went down. Ryan will have to chime in on exact numbers, but i dont recall seeing anything over 160* and it recovered down to ~120* very quickly. We ended the day with ~16* advance and no knock. We can easily get more out of it by playing with timing.

Before we try to get more power out of it i want to get it on a dyno to see where the power is at. I want to keep the power under 300whp for now.

The car isnt completely done. Matt is still working on a few more C/F items and i have a bunch of little things to pick away at.

I have some videos from our tuning trip to Mexico and the drive home, but i have already been up for way to long already on way too little sleep. So the pics will have to do.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 1:32 AM
I dig it big time.

lookin forward to seeing it if you're at phil's tomorrow.

I gotta get my car done and we gotta get these two together...

Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:19 AM
Pure attitude and sex in the sunlight, love the car and most of all lovin the new tune numbers. Enjoy.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:12 AM
You can get up on an alignment rack? So jealous!
I'm loving every inch of this car man, great job to all involved. I really can't wait to see videos of this thing in action.
You know, the jco bash isn't that far of a drive and we already have a few yanks coming to it

Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:19 AM
NICE!!

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 14, 2012 8:09 AM
Tuming trip to mexico lolz

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:11 AM
In for numbers!

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:17 AM
meanest lookin j

Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:21 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:I dig it big time.

lookin forward to seeing it if you're at phil's tomorrow.

I gotta get my car done and we gotta get these two together...

I had already RSVP'd no to it because of work, but i took today off because i didnt know how long we would need for tuning. Also yesterday was a LONG day out and about for me. I just wanted to relax at home sometime durning my 3 day "weekend". But by the time you see this you would have already seen that i am not there.

gtpsunfire wrote:You can get up on an alignment rack? So jealous!
I'm loving every inch of this car man, great job to all involved. I really can't wait to see videos of this thing in action.
You know, the jco bash isn't that far of a drive and we already have a few yanks coming to it

Yep, they drove it right up without needing ramps. Just enough clearance.

The bash is alittle under 6 hours away from me and i have the weekend off...... The biggest issue is that i am not sure what i need for a weekend trip to the great white north and i dont have a passport(if i need one).

Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:21 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:You can get up on an alignment rack? So jealous!

x2... mines a bitch.

Now that I see the whole thing, I like the front with the LS/Splitter. Plans for the bowtie piece?

Did you do the Racetronix pump and harness or just the pump?

Grain of salt, something about the wheels look off to me. Maybe its just the chrome lip. IDK, I like the design of them but something seems off in my opinion.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:28 AM
The bowtie is getting shaved and wrapped in carbon.

It is the pump and harness.

I see what you mean. I think it would flow better if the silver section was bronze.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:41 PM
Gotcha. That should look pretty good.

I love me some harness and pump action.

And maybe that's what the wheels need. Would look good all bronze.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:56 PM
you know i'm a fan... car looks clean and mean. we'll need to do another photoshoot. (and of course I'll want a ride)

beat me to the splitter as well.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:10 PM
You need a passport to cross the border into Canada. You still have a month ro get it

Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:06 PM
this is approved big time......

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:16 PM

I think the info about the peak IATs, was alittle incorrect. It was a long day, i was tired,

Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:19 PM
Awesome. Looks like it pulls nicely. How loud is the whine from the Harrop vs the HEATon? Can't really hear it in the vid.

Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:22 PM
As I said on the phone, that thing goes through the gears pretty damn quick! Now you just need some vid outside the car. Strap that gopro to the hood and let's hear that harrop

Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:08 PM
awesomesauce.

Monday, July 16, 2012 12:50 AM
Looking awesome man. Makes me sad I had to sell mine. Now get that ish on the dyno.

PS3 ID: Phatchance249
MW3 FTW!
Monday, July 16, 2012 5:19 AM
So far the Harrop is quieter than the M62. I'd imagine that it would get louder with the smaller pulleys.

I took the car down a good set of twisties and OMG. The grip is fantastic and the power on the exit of the corners is amazing. If any of you guys with the M62 have the chance to upgrade to a Harrop, do it. It is worth every penny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 16, 2012 2:42 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search