Alittle preveiw for 2012. - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Alittle preveiw for 2012.
Monday, July 16, 2012 5:32 AM
Stop that^, I wanna buy coilovers this year.... you bastige, with your good ideas.... *sigh, HAHA

Monday, July 16, 2012 8:39 AM
AWESOME!! Thtas just simply amazing bro!! Congrats on finally getting the Cavy where you want and then some!!!
Monday, July 16, 2012 8:49 AM
Looks great, and I agree. I like the wheels from the side, but from an angle. not sure.

Still great though.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:51 PM
damn i can get over how clean this j is

Friday, July 20, 2012 5:29 AM
It isnt clean, it is mean. Clean would be a stock LSS exterior with a nice set of wheels.

But i digress. In a few hours i leave for one of the biggest auto-x's of the year in PA. 2 whole days of beating the piss out of the cav at an airport. And i mean beating the piss out of it. The beating a redheaded step child gets after talking back to the drunk alcoholic dad is going to look tame compared to what i am going to do to the cav.

Friday, July 20, 2012 6:15 AM
dude this car is clean mean all the above

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:06 AM
Would someone post the rear bracket dimensions? I saw that there was discussion about it however no one ever posted it.

Friday, July 20, 2012 6:53 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:It isnt clean, it is mean. Clean would be a stock LSS exterior with a nice set of wheels.

But i digress. In a few hours i leave for one of the biggest auto-x's of the year in PA. 2 whole days of beating the piss out of the cav at an airport. And i mean beating the piss out of it. The beating a redheaded step child gets after talking back to the drunk alcoholic dad is going to look tame compared to what i am going to do to the cav.
Lol, now i understand why you wanted to be somewhat conservative!

Sorry i missed this thread - I put all the log/tune info in THIS thread.

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:34 PM
Neat! Glad to see things are coming together, looks like a fun ride!

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:51 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:It isnt clean, it is mean. Clean would be a stock LSS exterior with a nice set of wheels.

Sad im missing cone killer this year. Good luck!

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:35 PM
Well i just got home about an hour ago. I had stopped to see ^^^^^this guy^^^^^ for a bit since i was passing threw his town and havent seen him in a bit. But some highlights from the weekend:

- I won my class both days, but it was a hollow victory because my only opponent for Saturday was a no show and yesterday(Sunday) i only had a lowly Civic in my class.
- The car made some new sounds that i *should* look into. Im pretty sure i know what is going on and it is nothing that affects street driving it.
- It didnt blow up.
- It seems to drive easier on "B" roads than highway, probably because of the camber.
- I defiantly didnt bring a big enough set of balls to drive it. I should have been going WOT threw a few of the slaloms that i was only ~75% throttle in.
- The brakes are epic. I was braking ALOT later and harder. A few times the car would start to slide, but it was very controllable.
- Oh and it didnt blow up.

I have vids that i'll go threw tomorrow.

Monday, July 23, 2012 3:57 AM
Saw the news on FB - congrats man!!

So are the noises from the drive train or the suspension? Were you concerned that it would blow up? It ran so damned clean while tuning it

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:16 AM
nice updates.....glad to hear you are enjoying it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, July 23, 2012 8:26 AM
oldskool wrote:

So are the noises from the drive train or the suspension? Were you concerned that it would blow up? It ran so damned clean while tuning it

One is a squeal in the HARD right hand corners and i am seeing different wear patterns on my Left front rotor(where the sound is coming from). Im going to try to re-torquing the wheels since i should anyway. My thought is that the wheel might be alittle loose and causing the wheel/rotor to skew and touch the caliper bracket under extreme conditions.

The 2nd initially sounded like extremely loud rod knock, but didnt travel with the RPMs. But when i was trying to listen to it i had shifter carts warming up, cars running on the track, and a open header L67 powered Lotus kit car idling next to me. The car made it home just fine with no issues or weird sounds, so i am not THAT worried. I am not worried about the tune, i have confidence in your abilities. But i would not be surprised if the wrist pins/rods/pistons threw in the towel this year.

Monday, July 23, 2012 9:03 AM
Probably a good time to just double check all your suspension and mounts are torqued down.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, July 23, 2012 10:03 AM

car looks great Kyle!! Harrop sounds awesome too! can't wait for the vids from CKC

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:14 AM
Hopefully she's ok - rod knock usually doesn't just go away right? It's a good sign that the noise didn't persist on the way home.

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:00 PM
My 1st thought was rod knock, but now im starting to think it is just something else rattling with my exhaust.

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:00 PM
Ok, i finally got ONE video uploaded. Youtube is being dumb.

Day one of the Cone Killer Classic. My 3rd run which was my fastest for the day. You'll hear a yell during the video. That's me, the rear of the cav was alittle soft and i did a 4 wheel slide by accident. I enjoyed it.

I stiffened the dampeners in the rear 2 clicks for Sunday and that helped out quite a bit.

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:14 PM
Damn that looks like fun man! I REALLY wish I could have done some auto-xing prior to taking my car off the road.

Monday, July 23, 2012 8:57 PM
I feel like I would get lost in the cones auto x ing! Lol.

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:20 PM
Man I'd love to have an event with a layout that big. Looks like a hell of a good time.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:29 PM
Finally the 2nd video.

Cone Killer Classic - 2nd day. My personal FTD, but i hit a cone in the beginning so they added 2 seconds. 10th run of the weekend, 5th run for the day, last run.

The smoke is just tire smoke. The brakes are amazing.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:49 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:I feel like I would get lost in the cones auto x ing! Lol.

The region that runs this event is notorious for over-coning the course. Usually there is a much clearer path with fewer cones.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:16 AM
Awesome, great runs, definitely favorit-ing those on youtube for car club nights at my house! Always need badass eco's to shove in other car owners faces.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search