40's?!?!? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:31 PM
Alexis wrote:

StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:

Ronin J wrote:

ghetto culture( which the whole giant rim thing is the ultimate expression of) is basically stupid. anything to get attention, too much chrome, horrid colors, excessive and non-functional body mods, the list goes on and on. however, they fail to differentiate good attention from bad. they think that just because someone notices them, they are "digging" them...but remember, if you dont like it, your just a "hater"...ROFL...


and its any different from j owners how? i love how people bash these cars and say its stupid and not worth it and not funcitional. i bet 95% of the people on this board can fall into that list too.


Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. Show me how their form of modifying is any different than some of the stuff that goes on in the tuner world. Go into the NOPI thread in Photos and Media and tell me how that's so much better.

un4givn wrote:

[
My thoughts exactly.

Big rims and lift like that = compensation for something. The guy has to try to feel more like a man. However, he's only accomplished being more of a tool. Plus, now he has a reason for not paying all that child support he owes... j/k


Do you feel better now that you've cracked the hidden meaning behind his modifying, Dr. Phil?

Are those that try to get 22s on Js compensating? What about widebody Js?


While there may not be any difference from putting large wheels on your car, to throwing a wide-body or large turbo on it, I believe that too much of anything is bad. When does it stop being about the said part, and become more and "being the biggest and newest"? I for one dig functionality over looks, and huge wheels do not function unless you are climbing rocks and have some serious tread on the tires. I can appreciate the work that goes into making these wheels actually work. Do I like it? No. Do I think its practical? No. Of course, the same can go for most of the cars in the JBO.

Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:36 PM
we fly high' no lie

we balllin'


Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:57 PM
While I support most semi-useless car "genres" from Lowrider to Prostreet, Donks look horribly horribly stupid. I mean, it's one step away from having this on the car:



In fact, they SHOULD do that. It'lll cost them thousands less and look almost as lame.



Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:13 PM
that is dope. DONKey Kong.





MIAMI HEAT
NBA CHAMPS!!!
Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:44 PM
Alexis wrote:

StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:

Ronin J wrote:

ghetto culture( which the whole giant rim thing is the ultimate expression of) is basically stupid. anything to get attention, too much chrome, horrid colors, excessive and non-functional body mods, the list goes on and on. however, they fail to differentiate good attention from bad. they think that just because someone notices them, they are "digging" them...but remember, if you dont like it, your just a "hater"...ROFL...


and its any different from j owners how? i love how people bash these cars and say its stupid and not worth it and not funcitional. i bet 95% of the people on this board can fall into that list too.


Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. Show me how their form of modifying is any different than some of the stuff that goes on in the tuner world. Go into the NOPI thread in Photos and Media and tell me how that's so much better.

un4givn wrote:

[
My thoughts exactly.

Big rims and lift like that = compensation for something. The guy has to try to feel more like a man. However, he's only accomplished being more of a tool. Plus, now he has a reason for not paying all that child support he owes... j/k


Do you feel better now that you've cracked the hidden meaning behind his modifying, Dr. Phil?

Are those that try to get 22s on Js compensating? What about widebody Js?



alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument... you dont see any J's running around with anything larger than 22" i believe... and although a little big for the car itself... the car doesnt need a stepladder to get into... sometimes things get taken way to far... and this is one of those times
Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:02 PM
Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.



Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:41 PM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.




....... Ill do it Can someone give me directions?
Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:53 PM
Quote:

While there may not be any difference from putting large wheels on your car, to throwing a wide-body or large turbo on it, I believe that too much of anything is bad. When does it stop being about the said part, and become more and "being the biggest and newest"? I for one dig functionality over looks, and huge wheels do not function unless you are climbing rocks and have some serious tread on the tires. I can appreciate the work that goes into making these wheels actually work. Do I like it? No. Do I think its practical? No. Of course, the same can go for most of the cars in the JBO.


My thoughts exactly. I'll take function over form any day of the week.


-John

Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:00 PM
What a waste of a perfectly good Regal









Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:04 PM
funny how just cause the guy's black people comment that he's delinquent in child support payments... how mature.

FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:

But just like any good thing it's been taken too far.


bingo.




Re: 40's?!?!?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:46 PM
it's been done before.
check this staggered set-up yo







[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj

Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:14 AM




DISCLAIMER
I'm a bitch. Look out. I'm here to start drama.
Please take everything I say seriously.
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:17 AM
it's coming yo





[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:16 AM
oh, trust me, im by no means saying that the extreme mods done to alot of the cars on JBO, or any other enthusiast site, are better than that guys mega-wheels. im not a fan of excess in any form.

example...body kits...some are ok, but take the type J kit...last time i saw something with a lip like that on the front, it was pushing dirt at a construction site.no offense to those who have it, id be eyeing it myself, if it wasnt for the front lip. im all for dressing up a car a little, but if you feel the need to change it that much obviously you didn like the looks of the stock car, so why did you buy it?? def wasnt for the performance either.

full motor builds, turbos, s/c, etc...well if your building a trailered track car then fine, but for a street car, IMO, you shoulda just put the money toward a car that was faster in the first place. ive got no beef with bolt-ons...they are just addressing basic engineering shortcomings of the stock car.

but then again...ive never been into the whole "tuner" deal anyways. ive never cared for the idea that you have to "mod" every part of the car...some things dont need to be F-ed with, they are just fine as they are. ive seen too many cars that people changed/added everything they could get thier hands on. looks like they were magnetized and driven through Pep-Boys. i mean come on...put em on a line and you could go fishing with em...

so in summary...IMO...conservative, body mods that compliment the origional styling of the car=good. basic performance upgrades=good too.
excessive, tacky, "look at me" stuff=bad...

but im not a JBO celebrity, so please ignore, or better yet, flame this post....


_________________________________________________________________
Looking for something new? How about an off topic forum where you can truly express your opinions without interference of mods or admins?

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86


Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:24 AM
Quote:


funny how just cause the guy's black people comment that he's delinquent in child support payments... how mature.


I would have made that comment REGARDLESS of the owner's race. It was meerly a sarcastic way of calling it a waste of money.




-John

Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:45 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.


you dont think i would? i have no problem telling people what i think about their cars... usually i leave space for peoples thoughts, but this time... naaa
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:46 AM
Herb Wilson wrote:

WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.


you dont think i would? i have no problem telling people what i think about their cars... usually i leave space for peoples thoughts, but this time... naaa


and im sure you get a ton of awesome comments back about your uber cool racing stripes



Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:55 AM
oh boy....this thread is getting off topis really fast.....




Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:37 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:

WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.


you dont think i would? i have no problem telling people what i think about their cars... usually i leave space for peoples thoughts, but this time... naaa


and im sure you get a ton of awesome comments back about your uber cool racing stripes


dude you know what @!#$ You you dont know why my stripes are there, though im sure you could just make another gay comment about them....
i put them on because i have a nice long streak from someone keying my @!#$ car on the drivers side... i think the @!#$ racing stripes (all 15 dollars of them) do a @!#$ damn good job at covering that @!#$ up... so before you decide to make another gay comment about something you dont know about... think.

i cant afford a paintjob on my car and until i can im going to keep that @!#$ under wraps. and dont even tell me you have never put something on your car to cover something up. so keep your wise-ass mouth shut.
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:38 AM
alright im calm now...
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:45 AM
Herb Wilson wrote:

StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:

WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.


you dont think i would? i have no problem telling people what i think about their cars... usually i leave space for peoples thoughts, but this time... naaa


and im sure you get a ton of awesome comments back about your uber cool racing stripes


dude you know what @!#$ You you dont know why my stripes are there, though im sure you could just make another gay comment about them....
i put them on because i have a nice long streak from someone keying my @!#$ car on the drivers side... i think the @!#$ racing stripes (all 15 dollars of them) do a @!#$ damn good job at covering that @!#$ up... so before you decide to make another gay comment about something you dont know about... think.

i cant afford a paintjob on my car and until i can im going to keep that @!#$ under wraps. and dont even tell me you have never put something on your car to cover something up. so keep your wise-ass mouth shut.


thank you, you proved my point. you dont know the reasons on why they did what they did to their car so why call it out and say something about it. look how much sand got in your vag when i said something about your stripes


Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:47 AM



Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:50 AM
because you assumed they were simply "uber cool" they are not cool. no @!#$ duh, they are functional.. they cover up the huge @!#$ key mark on my car and dont look terrible.
and how did i prove your point... are 40" rims covering up a big scuff on their 26's? or is it a special car that doesnt function on anything less than 38's
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:52 AM
its the point that its their car and they should be able to do what they want witout douche bags like you having to say @!#$ to them. so you can talk trash on their car because he wanted to put big rims on his car but if they something to you about the stripes you get all butt hurt.



Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:58 AM
you must be a little thick in the head, so ill let that one slide... but until you can prove how his rims are more functional than my stripes ill let this comment sit.
Re: 40's?!?!?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:03 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

Herb Wilson wrote:


alright alright calm down... you tell me anybody who thinks those wheels look halfway decent on that car... other than the guys in the picture.... then we can continue the argument...


I think they are pretty cool. Its new and innovative, definately not something you see everyday. Isnt that the point of modifying?

Or is the point of modifying to make something YOU enjoy?

I would love to see you crawl out from behind your keyboard, go to a show that car is at, and tell the owner, and the builders your straight up opinion of their work.

@!#$.

I'm pretty sure that you modify a car to make it conform to the masses idea of what your car should look like, not what you want. If you don't conform to their ideal they'll yell at you and call you names.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search