Sentra Progress thread - Page 8 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sentra Progress thread
Friday, April 13, 2012 9:46 PM
Definitely interesting. The work seems to be top notch. Once I see the whole car assembled it might look good. Right now though, the spot chameleon paint doesnt really do it for me.
I am very much looking forward to completed pics.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:38 AM

Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:12 PM
I am very interested in that texture your making. links, quick mini FAQ anything will do.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:15 PM
Thanks man! What are you looking to do? Rewrap and paint some interior parts? Let me know and Ill fill you in on what I discovered with experimentation and some extra paint lol.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:42 PM
The texture on the interior bits you painted, It's just cool looking. Don't think I'd ever use it on my own car but might be cool in other places.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:00 PM
the weave is what he is talking about. i think it is just a carbon fiber overlay sprayed with the prismatic.

edit.
dinco 1080 is the wrap. it was listed a couple post ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:04 PM

Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:18 PM
It is quite cool, Doesn't have that really fake look of most false carbon. I assumed it was something a bit more specialized.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:47 PM
I used 3m Dinoc 1080 carbon fiber wrap. Its very durable and works well with a heatgun! Make sure to spray some 3M 77 Adhesive spray for extra adhesion around the tough curves.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:05 AM

Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:29 PM
This thread is amazing! Great job on everything Adam, the car looks bangin' with that accent. Keep up with the great work!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:52 PM
Thanks so much bro!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:15 AM
Lookin damn good!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:44 PM
Thanks so much! Today I sprayed the front bumper with 3 coats of clear with a little bit of extra hardner to hope deter rock chips. Tomorrow I start on the hood

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:36 PM
Earlier I said I liked the red on the brakes, but after seeing how much of that prismatic paint your using I am gonna said with the people that say go black. Up to you but I am a tad afraid of the red being too much now. Then again I should reserve my judgement for later.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:50 PM
No worries man! To me the color of the brakes is very minor right now anyway..

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:45 PM
Accentuating big ugly drum brakes in a bright color is tacky and ugly IMO. I gotta say it's not minor lol. Red calipers I can live with. Don't love it,. but can live with it. But man I hate the drums being brightly colored like that. Drum brakes are nothing special to be showing off lol. I need to wait to see the car assembled to really judge how everything came together. I'm a real simple and basic and "clean" kind of person with cars, so I hate the idea of all the color changing accents on a clean silver car, but I will give it a chance and wait for it to be assembled.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:13 PM
Hey do I get a trophy if you a approve lmao. No seriously though when I say its minor I mean their im am focusing on getting the front done. Once the new headlights arrive since I am having such a hard time with shipping so they might not get here till next Friday the 27th. So I am going to have to drive around my car starting this Saturday with my hood reinstalled and painted two tone with my new front clip sitting in my living room.. I refuse to put the front bumper on with the current headlights lol.. Once I do get all this finished I can finish discussing having custom brakets made up for an SE-R spec-v rear disk conversion with a machinist I know.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:09 PM
Just keep doing "YOUR" thing at your own pace. Looking great overall.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:42 PM
Love that front. Even like it better with what U did to it!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:50 PM
Thanks guys! I honestly truley appreciate it! Today I was feeling a little nostaglic.. I felt the same way I did when I pulled the Z outta the booth about 11 years ago when I saw how the clear brough that front bumper to life. Wow @ how fast time @!#$in flies by

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:07 AM
Adam Risden wrote: SE-R spec-v rear disk conversion.

Now you're talkin! Awesome work here. Some may love it, some may hate it, but I think we can all agree you're doing quality work.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:11 AM
I appreciate that very much KG!
Chee I wonder where my hood went

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:30 AM

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:57 PM
I can smell the fresh paint!!

My friend Lacey had her entire Black Dodge Avenger Painted with that same flake. It was insane in the sunlight.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:19 PM
Yeah man I love it in the sunlight. Added a little more clear to the mirror covers after wetsanding them down wiht 2000grit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search