Theft at the bash! - Page 3 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Theft at the bash!
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:10 PM
Well me and my buddy at the end of the show went around and took back our banners. When we went up to the front gate we cought two chicks trying to take our big banner. Told them they better pay up if they want it, so they stopped and left. I didnt see any of the banners up their just ours. So they maybe the ones that took the Bash banner and stuff.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:10 PM
If you guys only knew how much time Tim had in all this you maybe respect him as a person much more......Most of you dont know Tim spends COUNTLESS HOURS after work working on all the BASH stuff for US as a GROUP......Keep in mind that Tim was up ALL night Thursday because the Server got fried........There were so many headaches and problems that happend that would make most people say **** IT!!!! But no, he puts in the time and throws in the $$$ so WE can have a good time.....And as far as the theft of anything, you are just worthless piles of sh!t.......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:56 PM
Ok so heres my take on what Ive read so far .....

Someone got drunk and got their @!#$ stolen .....what a bunch of @!#$, i mean come on we are all interested in the same thing here and thats the worst thing to do to another member if you cant afford something go steal someone elses.....I think they should be shot on the spot....

The banners being stolen... I know it would have been cool to have one but I didnt go and steal one....Tim you really dont even know who I am but I want to thank you personally for makin the GMSC Bash possible and for giving us the time and place to get together and meet the people we see and talk to on here and I can only hope that whoever stole the banners has enough concience to get em back to you...this was my first BAsh and I hope it certainly won't be my last..

As for people calling others names I think thats uncalled for too , but im sure everyone has a had a tid with someone at one time or another....

as far as leaving the windows down thats what is wrong with society today is that people think its ok to do this @!#$ and people like me and many others who work hard to get ahead and buy nice stuff for our cars have to always be worried that someone will be waiting for an opportunity to steal it...I m sure if it were like other countries that will chop off your hand if you steal,people might think twice before doing it.....but the really sad part is thats what it would take to get people to realize that its wrong to do...

i guess in closing what people need to do is be respectful of others and if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all...kinda what we were all taught in school at a young age ...so what happened to some of us.....?

One thing I want to do is give Tim and Tonya a big

For making this possible and for giving us a place to get together...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:09 PM
Well, when I left the banner on the way out the track was still there. Either way it is BS that some kids felt the need to steal. It was probably the ones I overheard complaining about not getting enough free stuff in their bag.

Anyway, I have to give props to those that came a long way to attend. That is real didication. That makes my 6.5 hours seem like nothing. I think Indy was a great place to have the bash. It would have been bigger if B-Fest wasn't 2 weeks before. I figure once everyone gets on the same page it will be huge.

Big thanks goes out to all the committee members for their time and efforts. I for one ( and I know a few others ) appreciate it This was my 6th bash and look forward to many more

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on the Org !!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:26 PM
Tim Schilling Bash Coordinator wrote:and our box of can coolies that walked off.

You sure they walked off? After the awards ceremony when everyone was leaving and the 1st place winners were in line getting their picture taken, people were handing these out to everyone.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:05 PM
Hey Tim, I sent you a message, if you didn't get it, e mail me.

Member of Bizaar Concepts car club
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:18 PM
and oh yeah, as for Frank, people make mistakes. Frank is a great guy and screwed up. People have no right to say anything bad about him

Member of Bizaar Concepts car club
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:00 PM
Maybe douchebag was a little harsh, i'm sorry.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:16 PM
nah, I just dont like being given the run-around by ppl. Then being fed BS about having the situation taken care of, and then that being another BS statement for JBO political purposes only.

But you know the saying, "what goes around, comes around."

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:17 PM
John Piparo wrote: I really hope that there is a Bash next year, this was my first and I had an awesome time, regardless if others say that the previous were "better".

And as far as the banners, thats a damn shame. I honestly think that a domino effect was created by one or a few people taking one. Because when I happened to be talking to PhlatCav over by where he was parked on Saturday, I noticed people taking off the banners, and to be completely honest I thought to myself then that it was cool to take one. I didn't take one though, my hands are clean . But I can understand how seeing someone else do it would cause others to take them, still doesn't make it right though and I hope that word gets around to everyone and the ones that took them have enough respect and character to return them.

White_Zzzzz@Customcartuner.com wrote:The $30 US I was overcharged @ last year's bash should help cover some of the lost money I would think.

That sure is a piss-ant little comment in my opinion. The dude just lost tons of money from putting on a show for us, and had stuff stolen, and you want to bring up something from a YEAR AGO? For the love, bitter much? Heck, I didn't even have my car there, I flew from Florida just to attend the show, and I still bought shirts and such just to help support the show with actual money. I guess with a comment like that, it shows how much you really appreciate the work that was put into the show. If you have money issues, take it up with him via email.

way to put your two cents into something you have NO idea about Typical to say the least.

'97 Z24
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:19 PM
SAC (The Wrinkled One) wrote:
JayP2k wrote:
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:lol. you had to have known people were going to steal that kinda stuff, lol.

I'm glad you think it's funny. I, for one, don't find it the least bit amusing. Tim and Tonya spend countless hours and thousands and thousands of dollars each year to put on this event, so that we enthusiasts can get together and have a good time and promote the platforms that we enjoy. Thieves like this are nothing but @!#$stains on a hotel mattress that make you want to never come back.

couldnt have said it any better.

FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:There was the douchebag that got too @!#$ faced and left his car wide open over night.

its comments like that, that make this site @!#$ty sometimes. Grow up!

Joe Dunn wrote:I would go to the bash if it was in maryland.

wow thanks, just for that i think tim might move it. stay on topic.

White_Zzzzz@Customcartuner.com wrote:The $30 US I was overcharged @ last year's bash should help cover some of the lost money I would think.

Holy @!#$ LET IT @!#$ ING GO! Anyways Tim doesnt even get the money from the hotels. That is a mistake on the hotels end, not Tim's.

Jesus, sometimes im ashamed im even apart of this site. But then i think of the times I have with these people and it overides it.

Tim I hope everything works out for you bud. This @!#$ always seems to happen with you. That pisses me off, cause i know how hard you work and know how nice of a guy you are.

it wasnt from the hotels. But thanks for shooting your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

'97 Z24

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:33 PM
make it stop, make it stop!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:40 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]sucks companies want you to pay for baners , that should have been given out free , and not expected to be returned

i understand you wanting the bash baners back

some guy left his car wide open , that sucks but is kinda funny also

not sure what worse getting your stuff stolen , or having to have a bee hive extracted from your car because you left it open at a car show over nite , with a open mountian dew inside

why would companies make you pay for them to advertise i dont get that one at all?

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:57 PM
its not so much they he has to pay to advertise for them, its more like they advertised and there stuff disapeared, someone has to pay for it.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:58 PM
Perhaps this thread should be in the jacked/wrecked forum?

While im sure that some people might have wanted and did steal, im sure maybe someone took a banner, and a chain reaction of "oh, the banners must be for whoever if they're probably going to be thrown away" happened. so i hope people just come forward and realize it was probably just a big misunderstanding.

and i'll stfu before i cause any trouble on here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:11 PM
you guys took my comment way out of proportion. i completly agree with all the comments about how sick and stupid it is that people are stealing the stuff and i COMPLETLY 100% understand what money and efforts tim and dave and erod and everybody on here put into the bash... im not taking that for granted... im really not...

however...

havnt you ever been out at a club with your friends and slipped the sweet beer coaster into your pocket or your g/fs purse or something? or stolen election signs out of somebodys yard to stick in your friends yard? thats just what young adult people do for fun in situations like this. its like a freebie souvenier and you get to earn it yourself... im not in any way condoning the theft of these banners, nor do i know anything about it. but seriously people, we were all in HS or college once... people think/act that way... and if you honestly thought that of a group of 400+ people ages 16-25 that not a soul would think it would be funny or cool to have one of those banners... you're extremely naive.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:45 PM
i hope there is a bash next year. i wasnt able to make it for many reasons but i was planning on making the same drive as karo (cali to indy). that really sucks that someone took those banners and that stuff got stolen from Franks car. hope everything works out in the end!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:11 AM
yea like ian said, when I was waiting to leave a lady came and handed me and my passenger two can coolies... Tim say the word I'll be more than happy to ship them to you if it'll help at all..

this was only my second bash, but its something I'm looking forward to... its exactly what I need to get away from my daily grind, enjoy myself, and fall in love with my car again and meet everyone i talk to on this site with a majority of my time

Tim, I hope you work everything out because I know that no bash next year would upset a lot of people.

If anyone who has taken things or knows information about who took crap sees this, please think of the .org as a whole and do the right thing.. fess up.

don't ruin one of the few good things we have going for us...

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:28 AM
This is a really crappy situation to read about. I know what I'm saying doesn't help or change anything, but I do hope people come around and help next year happen. I'd love to actually attend a bash and "show off" my car.
Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:11 AM
White_Zzzzz@Customcartuner.com wrote:nah, I just dont like being given the run-around by ppl. Then being fed BS about having the situation taken care of, and then that being another BS statement for JBO political purposes only.

But you know the saying, "what goes around, comes around."

im sorry but this was almost a year ago!

[image removed]

kthxbye

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Thursday, July 14, 2005 6:28 AM
As for the Banners. People keep saying stealing etc..... Keep in mind when you go to most big shows there is banners everywhere. In most cases people get to take those home. I have been to Nopi, and I have gotten banners. They even announced please leave the banners up until end of the show. I'm sure people sort of saw it the same (not knowing Tim would have to pay for these). A lesson learned, make annoucements at the next Bas (if there is one) saying please do not take banners they cost money and have to be returned.

Also maybe consider getting someone like GM to donate banners to be giving out, or even put up in a section that people can go take them down at the end of the show.

As for what happened to someone's car, maybe he should not have gotten drunk and left his car open, but fellow J owner's should not steal from each other either.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:20 AM
John Higgins wrote:As for the Banners. People keep saying stealing etc..... Keep in mind when you go to most big shows there is banners everywhere. In most cases people get to take those home. I have been to Nopi, and I have gotten banners. They even announced please leave the banners up until end of the show. I'm sure people sort of saw it the same (not knowing Tim would have to pay for these). A lesson learned, make annoucements at the next Bas (if there is one) saying please do not take banners they cost money and have to be returned.

Also maybe consider getting someone like GM to donate banners to be giving out, or even put up in a section that people can go take them down at the end of the show.

As for what happened to someone's car, maybe he should not have gotten drunk and left his car open, but fellow J owner's should not steal from each other either.

I think this is exactly what went on. I've already tried to email someone I believe has one of the GMPP ones to ask him to send it in. I think the email bounced but I'll try again. I don't think any of it was malicious.

As for the car being broken into... well we have our suspicions that it wasn't anyone involved with the Bash that did it. There were some rather shady locals hanging around the hotel that night and we never saw them again afterward.

And dammit... if someone WAS handing out the coolies... you missed ME!!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:30 AM
I did not go to the bash, and I would NEVER think another .org member would steal from another, had to be someone passing by seeing the car was open. Another member would get BEAT DOWN and have WAYY TOO much to risk by doing that IMO.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:42 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
As for the car being broken into... well we have our suspicions that it wasn't anyone involved with the Bash that did it. There were some rather shady locals hanging around the hotel that night and we never saw them again afterward.

@!#$ wiggers, I hated how they looked into everyone's car that night, and then when I found out about Frank's car the next morning I felt bad. I had their plate number/make/model of the car they came in with, but there was no proof, so what could we do.

As for the banners, I too agree that most people consider them donated, so therefore it is alright to take them. It's clearly too late now, but had this not been the case, I think a simple announcement could have prevented a lot of hassle. I didn't even pay attention to the banners this year, though last year I did get given a Chevrolet banner someone had grabbed with the same thoughts.

Big thanks go out to Tim/Tonya who put this on for us econo@!#$box owning freaks every year, I don't know what I would do without the bash, it's one thing I definately look forward to throughout every winter.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:06 AM
John Piparo wrote: I really hope that there is a Bash next year, this was my first and I had an awesome time, regardless if others say that the previous were "better".

And as far as the banners, thats a damn shame. I honestly think that a domino effect was created by one or a few people taking one. Because when I happened to be talking to PhlatCav over by where he was parked on Saturday, I noticed people taking off the banners, and to be completely honest I thought to myself then that it was cool to take one. I didn't take one though, my hands are clean . But I can understand how seeing someone else do it would cause others to take them, still doesn't make it right though and I hope that word gets around to everyone and the ones that took them have enough respect and character to return them.

yea i was there also and seen the same guy walking off with that banner... to be honest i thought abut getting one also but i knew how much they were and i honestly thought it was a worker for gmscb taking it down so i didnt even think about it... but i hope someone will man up and get you the banners back... hopefully everything works out... sorry to hear that it happened... this was my first bash and i loved it and i would love to go to another one...

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search