why is everyone selling their j's? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
why is everyone selling their j's?
Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:34 PM
was wondering why is everyone selling their j-bodies? is it because alot of the people on here just want something different?......or could it be the fact that j's arent being made anymore, so people figure that theyre a waste? me personally, i dont know what the furure holds but as of right now , i plan n keeping my j for good. i find it very hard to depart with a vehicle that youve put so much time and effort into. was just wanting an imput of why? was browsing through the classifieds and was so shocked at how many people are bailing out. j-owners that are well known through this community too.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Re: why is everyone selling their j's?
Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:53 PM
I plan on keeping mine as well. Probably use it as a beater when I can actually afford a GTO. I still plan on modding it though.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:41 PM
I sold mine for a couple of reasons: I couldnt stand driving anymore, as it felt like the dash was going to pop right onto my lap each time i hit a little bump, and really i just wanted something new.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:03 PM
Im selling mine bc its time to move on .. Been doing it for 4 years now and its OLD im burned out and not any fun .. The srt4 im getting is an awsome car very fun ..

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:06 PM
^^^^good luck on the srt 4....those are some bad@ss cars. im sure you will give us another beauty to look at.....hint hint...hope its a black one.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:34 PM
people just move on
j-bodies are not the best cars, but they arent the worst either

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:47 PM
ceelobluZ24 (holy z) wrote:was wondering why is everyone selling their j-bodies?

there's only 6 million of them. there's always gonna be a bunch of people getting rid of them. people either get sick of the car or just want something new.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:47 PM
^^^^true ..very true...because once i start modding my suburban the way i want , im considered done with the compact scene.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 6:54 PM
With the resale value of these cars, I think my cars worth more to me then it's worth in dollars...
That said, I don't know if I could sell it anyways, too many memories in the thing.
Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:47 PM
alot of the people you see selling their cars are people who have been modding J's for YEARS, i mean you can only do it for so long before it's time to do something different

Sunday, August 28, 2005 10:35 PM
I have to keep mine, No one will ever pay even close to what I've put into it. Mind as well keep it.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:11 PM
Because the dealership around here that sold me my 04 did evrything to make me unhappy with thier car. I wasn't going to work 6 years and make 70 payments to GM, I covered it up in the garage so I wouldn't have to see it. I practically gave it away to a kid who needed a car. GM products are good but the company sucks in my opinion.
Monday, August 29, 2005 3:19 AM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:I have to keep mine, No one will ever pay even close to what I've put into it. Mind as well keep it.

Exactly. People fail to realize sometimes that just because you have a body kit, doesn't mean you'll get $10,000 for your car when it's worth $4,000.

I'm not EVER selling my car because it holds too many memories (J-body meets, 2 J-body bashes) and I plan on going all out with mine to prove a point to the car scene and the NJ locals. I love Samantha to death and couldn't picture myself without her. Also, I would consider getting another car but just putting her on the backburner but that's when I get a better job (Camaro SS or Cobalt SS).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, August 29, 2005 3:42 AM
I sold mine after i modded everything but the engine lol. Then I regreted dumping a crap load into it. Oh well i had tons of fun doing it. Just time for a better car that was all.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:22 AM
I got another car, but there was no point in trading in a 1999 Sunfire in 2005. The Sunfire is paid off, it's not worth much, and having a 2nd vehicle is smart. I never understood "moving on," selling the car (especially a J) won't bring much money and those who mod heavily usually need a 2nd car anyway. A J-body is perfect for daily driving.

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:34 AM
when i get any car i put a death grip on it a car is a mechanical marvel.every car will be a antique or classic one day and only if you have kept it physically and mechanically sound will it be of more value . every car always has a place with me

slide or die
Monday, August 29, 2005 10:47 AM
i am selling mine because i hate GM. they are useless piles of crap. dont get me wrong i like how they look but i dont want to give GM anymore of my money.
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:20 PM
^^^yea me too. i don't have time to fix the pile of crap every 2 months and i sure as hell don't have the money to pay GM to do it. as much as i hate to say it, my next car will definately be an import. they're just better put together. my wife's 98 corolla with 103k runs better/looks better/and has held together better than my 2002 z24.

GM makes inferior products (when it comes to cars). IF i ever bought another GM it'd be a truck. that's where they put all their time and effort.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:38 PM
I am not selling mine. Mine has done me good. Right now it make no sense it is paid off for. Why get another bill. I like to take Vacations and i mean out of the country vacations save my money for that and our house which is going to return me more. My wifes car will be paid off for and mine was paid off earlier this year so that will be an extra $700 a month we will have. I can't wait to pay of her car in Nov.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:43 PM
Sparks wrote:^^^yea me too. i don't have time to fix the pile of crap every 2 months and i sure as hell don't have the money to pay GM to do it. as much as i hate to say it, my next car will definately be an import. they're just better put together. my wife's 98 corolla with 103k runs better/looks better/and has held together better than my 2002 z24.

GM makes inferior products (when it comes to cars). IF i ever bought another GM it'd be a truck. that's where they put all their time and effort.

I soo not agree with you. Did you ever think that these cars, or any car you own and mod may break because of how we treat them, or drive them? I know parts do break on there own, or are faulty from the factory (that is with any car, make , or model). My 2001 Z24 has 64k on it. knock on wood I have never had a problem with it that I did not cause. saying that also it has never left me on the side of the road either. All the problems I have had were a direct result of something I did at the same time, notthing major.
I'm not saying GM makes the nest cars either, but they are very good cars.
Monday, August 29, 2005 1:48 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Sparks wrote:^^^yea me too. i don't have time to fix the pile of crap every 2 months and i sure as hell don't have the money to pay GM to do it. as much as i hate to say it, my next car will definately be an import. they're just better put together. my wife's 98 corolla with 103k runs better/looks better/and has held together better than my 2002 z24.

I soo not agree with you. Did you ever think that these cars, or any car you own and mod may break because of how we treat them, or drive them? I know parts do break on there own, or are faulty from the factory (that is with any car, make , or model). My 2001 Z24 has 64k on it. knock on wood I have never had a problem with it that I did not cause. saying that also it has never left me on the side of the road either. All the problems I have had were a direct result of something I did at the same time, notthing major.
I'm not saying GM makes the nest cars either, but they are very good cars.

agreed. over 130,000 miles, and i make sure i buy quality mods, and not crap anymore, and i install it right, and i;ve never had much any problems that i didnt cause...and even those are minimal.

Monday, August 29, 2005 6:23 PM
selling mine in a year...just sick of it....every time I mod it, something terrible happens. Swapping out to a black interior tomorrow, then tint and Im finished...the only J I'll consider buying is a Sunfire...if I cant grab a nice sunfire for a reasonable price, I'll prolly find a nice import (Nissan, Toyota, etc....but no Honda)...

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:38 PM
I sold my cav for the plain and simple fact i needed the money to pay for college and to me i really don't look back on it in a bad light. I really grew attached to my J and it was my baby for the past 3 years.

But there are somethings you do that in the long run will help you out....and thats why i sold mine....
Monday, August 29, 2005 10:42 PM
MikeGT wrote:I sold mine for a couple of reasons: I couldnt stand driving anymore, as it felt like the dash was going to pop right onto my lap each time i hit a little bump, and really i just wanted something new.

Yeah, mine felt like the car was gonna explode every time i went over 60. I couldnt stand all the noise and racket going on every time you hit a tiny bump

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:42 AM
im on the fence of selling mine, its been fun but when you work on a car for 4-5 years you just get the urge to work on something new and diffrent. anyone who really mods cars doesnt do it to get money down the line, we know were throwing our money away but its no diffrent then spending 45$ a day at an amusement park, at the end of the day your moneys gone but the memories are still there.

as far as gm sucking, maybe some of you got lemons but i have put about 25,000 miles a year on our sunfire and we have had almost no issues whatsoever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search