Z2FLIP4 is leaving - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Z2FLIP4 is leaving
Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:05 AM
Kinda early for April Fools jokes, don't you think??
Anywho good luck with everything bro, its been fun watching all the progress!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:11 AM
BLAH, I dont believe you. I think your posting this, getting away from the org to finish your car. Then out of no where make a post about your car being done.....right.....for the love of god please say I'm right!!!

I remember watching your car progress where it has been since I joined in Jan of 02. If I am wrong I wish you luck on your plans and please drop by once and a while and show us what your doing.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:24 AM

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:42 AM
That is the worst news I have heard in a long time! I have looked everyday in the photos & media for the finished pics of your car. You have more talent than just about everyone on here.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:00 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:BLAH, I dont believe you. I think your posting this, getting away from the org to finish your car. Then out of no where make a post about your car being done.....right.....for the love of god please say I'm right!!!

I HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!!

-Brandon

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:34 AM
april fools isnt til saturday, you jumped the gun

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:02 AM

If your serious, you suck

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:06 AM
Z2FLIP4 wrote:Ya Ive been contemplating this for the past 2 months. It has been a hard decision but car modding just isnt fun for me anymore so why continue doing something I no longer enjoy....

couldnt have said it better

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:07 AM
You've got to be kidding. I hope that you're kidding. This is the ONE car that I have been waiting to see finished. For YEARS and YEARS!! Like Adam said, just finish the body work, paint it, and forget the RHD for now. It would still be amazing (for lack of a better word)!!

If you aren't pulling everyone's leg and are seriously tired of modding your car, good luck in whatever you choose to do. Hopefully you don't sell the car as is and some idiot tear the hell out of it.

-Crystal

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:22 AM

It's a sad day on the .org a Great Member is calling it quits. I Need a Drink.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:26 AM
The problem isnt the RHD. I have to buy another Cavalier and the bodyshop has to start all over with the whole project cuz the last bodyshop foucked my car up beyond repair and did a total hackjob after they decided they didnt want to be in the bodywork business anymoree and sell their shop leaving me out to dry with an unfinished car. Im sick of dumping money into this project, its getting me nowhere. Atleast with a bike I can have fun right away bombing around on that.

I mean sure, in my sig the car looks like its almost done, bodywork wise, but there are so many things messed up that no one besides me knows about.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:36 AM
if i had the money i would definitly buy it off you and finish it

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:51 AM
so whats wrong with it that we dont know? maybe then we'd understand exactly why you're ditching it.

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:09 AM
Brian - I got your email the other day from you and I have been meaning to call you or email back but we have been slammed with two custom jobs with dead lines. I will call you tonight or get back with you in a email. But like some one said on here no pain no glory I to once was in your shoes with a company that F-ed me out of 17k then closed there doors. I even almost lost my car to the IRS because of that company not paying there taxes but that's another story. One of many reasons why I started Streetline.. sorry for getting off the topic, but Brian i will get hold of you tonight one way or another.

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:18 AM
good luck

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:25 AM
Good choice bro.

Sorry to but it blunt, but its about time you realize putting thousands after thousands into a j-body is just not worth it. Not to mention the wasted time.

Goodluck with the bike and truck

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:23 AM
Quote:

so whats wrong with it that we dont know? maybe then we'd understand exactly why you're ditching it.

Basically Im out of cash, Ive pissed away so much money the last 15 months with the whole bodyshop incident that it set me back quite a ways and Im just sick of wasting tons of money without seeing any progress. I havent driven the car in 18 months...If the whole Speed Shop incident wouldnt have happened and they would have finished the car like I paid them too it would have been done months ago.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:29 AM
Ridiculous, good luck in the future.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:48 AM
Should have listened to the old and so true statement, "If you want it done right, do it yourself" But hey, loved the car other than the monitors in the rear bumper. I dont understand how it is so far away from being completed, just grab a welder and start filling and grinding and shaping metal into place where they f-ed up. The rear tail lights look great, and taht part is through with. You came all this way, I would feel to guilty to give up if I was you. But hey, nothing but respect for you due to your drive at the beggining of the project and your visions, adios.
Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:02 AM

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:33 AM
Dont blame ya, man. Ever since the speed shop screwed you over, I felt you were over your head on this thing...I give you major credit for trying, but I had a feeling the car wouldnt make it...

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:56 AM
Quote:

I dont understand how it is so far away from being completed, just grab a welder and start filling and grinding and shaping metal into place where they f-ed up.

I wish, Im back to 70 hour weeks again at work, just got a huge prototype job for Nike. Thats why the car went to bodyshops in the 1st place cuz I dont have time to work on it since Im at work all th time.

Ontop of that I have to replace the whole pass side door jamb bcuz for some reason they decided to plasma cut it out and then weld in steel platees and bolt my stock hinges to the rerar of the door and make the suicide hinge like tht....FUOCKING HACKS!!! I told the stupid sh;ts to weld supports under the rearbumper and they didnt so th mold job has to be ripped off and redone, well atleast to my liking I want it redone.

Although I did find an R1 for sale in NY that I might end up buying real soon

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:11 AM
There's some dude on SRTforums selling an R1 for a good price

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:41 AM
damn, that sucks to hear man. shame what happened, and i dont blame you on wanting to quit dumping money. im contemplating the same thing, but i dont have what u have into it.

just curious what you would want for the car??
new projects are fun

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:50 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search