IAT resistors, work. - Page 5 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: IAT resistors, work.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:31 PM
All I'm saying is try it before ya'll knock on it. It sounds goofy as hell, I know that. But try it.

Whenever I get the chance one weekend to travel and see my brother in law, Ill try this, but it may be 2 weeks or so.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:38 PM
i never knocked it i just said it does'nt work.if a dyno proves it does work and it really does drop a .25 second off your 8th mile time i'll be the first to buy one,but dyno has to prove it first that's all.ebay sellers sell the same resistor for 60 dollars.know y they don't sell? cuz it's never been proven to work,just bull@!#$ statements saying how much power it adds,prove it with a dynosheet.and then find out what ill effects it might have like is it making the computer dump in too much fuel to compensate for the "colder air".and is it really worth that .25 second?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:43 PM
drinking a quart of Mobil 1 synthetic will make you invinsible... it may sound stupid and it's not logical but just try it before saying it wont work.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:45 PM
Verocity wrote:fuel filter, oil change, just got done, new plugs got done at 73,000, it has 80,000, all yall want to talk @!#$, why don't you try the resistor since you all know so much?

GEEEEEE maybe because you are the 80xBillionth Rice Boy to come on this site and talk 5hit about how fast his 2200 OHV Auto is w/ resistor mod, octane boost and various other Autozone ricer aisle specials.

Soon to come......

Quote:

Engine:

* AEM Short Ram Intake
* New OEM Upper Mount
* Solid RKSport Lower Mount
* New battery
* NGK Iridium plugs
* New premium plug wires
* new plastic loom.
* NAWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZ - TWO OF THE BIG ONES!

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:49 PM
Verocity wrote:fuel filter, oil change, just got done, new plugs got done at 73,000, it has 80,000, all yall want to talk @!#$, why don't you try the resistor since you all know so much?

dont get your panties in a bunch. anybody that knows anything about drag racing will tell you what i told you. these resistors do something. but as far as what the sales ads say "30% gain in mpg and 25 hp gain" (or whatever they say) is crap. and you go on any car site with this you will get flamed and be made fun of like we are doing to you now. only way to shut people up is a dyno run. track can change week to week, hour to hour.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:51 PM
,ya know,he tried something and i'll be the first to say i don't think it works and is illogical,but y do you guys have to just jump his @!#$ instead of telling him it does'nt work for "this" reason or it can't work because of "this"?instead you just call him a ricer.way to help people out.nope much rather just make fun of him and call him a ricer.way to go.feel better bout yourselves?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:57 PM
blucavvy wrote: ,ya know,he tried something and i'll be the first to say i don't think it works and is illogical,but y do you guys have to just jump his @!#$ instead of telling him it does'nt work for "this" reason or it can't work because of "this"?instead you just call him a ricer.way to help people out.nope much rather just make fun of him and call him a ricer.way to go.feel better bout yourselves?

Trying to talk sense into a Ricer is like trying to explain Evolution to a Creationist. The only cure for RBs is an episode of ebraking into a concrete reinforced lamp post at 35mph.

HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:05 PM
BTW Cobalt SS/SC = 205hp, SS/TC = 260hp There is a big power difference between the two.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:08 PM
quote]

Trying to talk sense into a Ricer is like trying to explain Evolution to a Creationist. The only cure for RBs is an episode of ebraking into a concrete reinforced lamp post at 35mph.
i don't think he is a ricer,just misinformed about a certain "mod",so y not just steer him in the right direction instead of giving him @!#$? btw thanx for the info tinkles i was trying to find the exact numbers but forgot what the sc was puttin down.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:13 PM
Quote:

i have been racing probably longer than you have been driving. i have raced a couple of jobies, suv's, various rental cars at different tracks around my area. and one universal truth i have learned is that your 1st run can and will vary from your last run by as much as half a second or more. that can be due to any number of reasons.

I would have to disagree with this.
Maybe with an automatic things are different but I've always been very consistent or should I say, the car has been extremely consistent.
If you race that much, you would know a thing or two about being consistent as that's what drag racing is all about.
My first runs may be in the 15.7 - 15.8 range at the most but have always dropped to a consistent high 15.6 to somewhere in the 15.8 range.
Even in the 1/8 mile track I go to, I'm always within a couple of tenths at the most unless condition vary so much (like a cold front coming through with major temperature drop and huge drop in humidity-it's happened before) that this will effect your et's.
I've got hundreds of time slips on file if you need to see some proof to all that I've done in drag racing.
But I'm not here to argue or to get anyone riled up, just here to help Verocity see for sure that this mod is worthless and sometimes we have to discover things on our own.

And to make fun of his rice, I'm sure glad we all started as gear heads with a right frame of mind to build a true tuner car our first time out with our cars.
I really don't think that happened and I can say that I was a rice boy at one time or another with my Cavy.
Here's proof.

Hmm, red dots on the rims and Altezzas too.
We all or most of us start this way because that's all we could afford at the time. It's a learning experience and now, we come on here and dog the poor souls that like us, are trying to do the right thing but have been put in the wrong path due to ignorance or the wrong steering winds of ricerism.
Good luck Verocity. I got your back.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:15 PM
That's GM's ratings, but i have also heard of bone stock SS/SCs dynoing at 205-210whp. Which makes me wonder about the SS/TCs. No doubt if is get a Cobalt SS it will be a TC.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:16 PM

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:24 PM
Misnblu wrote:
Quote:

i have been racing probably longer than you have been driving. i have raced a couple of jobies, suv's, various rental cars at different tracks around my area. and one universal truth i have learned is that your 1st run can and will vary from your last run by as much as half a second or more. that can be due to any number of reasons.

I would have to disagree with this.
Maybe with an automatic things are different but I've always been very consistent or should I say, the car has been extremely consistent.
If you race that much, you would know a thing or two about being consistent as that's what drag racing is all about.
My first runs may be in the 15.7 - 15.8 range at the most but have always dropped to a consistent high 15.6 to somewhere in the 15.8 range.
Even in the 1/8 mile track I go to, I'm always within a couple of tenths at the most unless condition vary so much (like a cold front coming through with major temperature drop and huge drop in humidity-it's happened before) that this will effect your et's.
I've got hundreds of time slips on file if you need to see some proof to all that I've done in drag racing.
But I'm not here to argue or to get anyone riled up, just here to help Verocity see for sure that this mod is worthless and sometimes we have to discover things on our own.

I've dropped a full half second over a night due to weather with a bone stock 2200 auto and very slight changes to driving style.

What he has done he is completely possible due to just the weather or even something as simple as not hitting the gas as hard.

I give him credit for trying but he is within the realm of stock possibility. This "mod" has been proven useless countless times over the years.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:24 PM
Thanks for the info on the Cobalt.

First off, you guys are all mostly @!#$s. None of you can simply state your opinion and ask for results, I tried to supply some results, and I even said they weren't 100% successful.

Second, I am 18, and 19 soon, I work my ASS off and I pay my car payment and car insurance monthly, it doesn't leave much room for money. I still got 4 years to pay this car off. If I was a rich SOB I'de have a Mustang GT or something, muscle is in my blood, not 4cyl tuning crap, so I tried something that I saw, cheap, looked funny, tried it. So I posted saying what it did, and the result, a bunch of @!#$s instead of maybe 2 people that are actually curious and listening.

And black eco, you can go to hell, its people like you that I hate, your comments are not needed, next time you post, make it useful.

This forums topics almost always end in it being locked, and it'll prob. happen to this one,why? Because you are all @!#$s, this is suppose to be a community, where we help people out about the same cars that we all own.

How about this place turn into a helpful forum with people asking questions and their questions getting answered...instead of a bunch of stuck up asses.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:35 PM
,tried to get your back but then you had to say that.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:37 PM
And I appreciate it, I'm saying that to the people that should hear it, it wasn't pointed towards you.

For those of you that are actually nice, and supportive and curious, whatever word you wanna use next tuesday I will try and get some real good runs in, if weather permits.

For those of you that have nothing but negativity to say, stay out of this thread.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:45 PM
not how it works man,it's a public forum,you have to take the good with the bad,people are gonna call you a ricer for doing this, so get a dyno sheet and prove them wrong otherwise you're not proving anything.and saying you've got "muscle in your blood" and not this "4cyl tuning crap" is not a way to get help from this site.choose your words man.if you want help then ask,you got something to post then post,but don't call people a bunch of ****'s cuz they're stating the obvious that this mod does'nt work unless you can show otherwise.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:52 PM
ok. more results from drag strip posted next tuesday night.

Next saturday I'll try to get up to my brother in laws dyno.

Thats it for now.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:56 PM

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:29 PM
blucavvy wrote:

^^^^ this.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:32 PM
Whoa Nally! Sorry sir you have muscle in your blood and 5hit for brains, because if you really want a badazzz superfasst ride like a MUSTANG GT you could have probably taken 2 seconds to look in Autotrader and see you can pickup a Fox body for probably less than what your Cavalier Blue Books for. Your obviously too good and way too smart of the Tuner seen, why don't you go tell Nasa how squeeze a few extra tons of thrust out of their SRBs RB.

IBTL

Verocity wrote:Thanks for the info on the Cobalt.

First off, you guys are all mostly @!#$s. None of you can simply state your opinion and ask for results, I tried to supply some results, and I even said they weren't 100% successful.

Second, I am 18, and 19 soon, I work my ASS off and I pay my car payment and car insurance monthly, it doesn't leave much room for money. I still got 4 years to pay this car off. If I was a rich SOB I'de have a Mustang GT or something, muscle is in my blood, not 4cyl tuning crap, so I tried something that I saw, cheap, looked funny, tried it. So I posted saying what it did, and the result, a bunch of @!#$s instead of maybe 2 people that are actually curious and listening.

And black eco, you can go to hell, its people like you that I hate, your comments are not needed, next time you post, make it useful.

This forums topics almost always end in it being locked, and it'll prob. happen to this one,why? Because you are all @!#$s, this is suppose to be a community, where we help people out about the same cars that we all own.

How about this place turn into a helpful forum with people asking questions and their questions getting answered...instead of a bunch of stuck up asses.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:36 PM
You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:52 PM
you do give a damn cause you wont stop crying.

Why is it people either believe you and that this mod works or they are @!#$s? What people can have opinions but only if its the same as yours?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:01 PM
Have an opinion, but don't bash someone in the process, of saying your opinion. It's called respect.

More results next week, that is all.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:10 PM
Verocity wrote:Not to change the thread topic but SC I would prob. prefer..and I don't think there is really much difference in power.

PLUS..I want whine.

no... there isnt a difference in power.

only 55 horsepower.

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search