The Florida J Show ... Again? - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Florida J Show ... Again?
Monday, May 02, 2005 2:11 PM
Yeah, good point. Voting would be a nice idea...

Bryan - Oh well, I'm glad you noticed I was there at least A lot of people didn't know who I was since I didn't have the J at the show. We'll talk next time

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:22 PM
^^ I noticed you were there, Kept Blowing off at you, cause your damn turbo spools up so fast and blows off for everything lol

And If its at race rock again, i dont think im gonna make it, its was to far of a drive for you guys not to want to head to the track (which i was looking forward to if you didnt notice). I mean it was part of the 'plans'. Now if you make the meet at your track then i would be more interested i dont care if you guys dont run, but at least there is something to do, If i wanted to sit in a parking lot looking at cars i could just goto one of my local hang outs.

-DJ

Monday, May 02, 2005 3:42 PM
ok this is what i say and let me know what you guys think about this:

1. we have a winter meet like in Nov or Dec. semi meet say and we vote on the city (but cant have it in Orlando)

2. we have the big 7th Annual Meet/Show in Orlando @ the Race Rock again in April as the Main show.

Also we all in each city raise up money for both meets and the show so when it comes time we can add more classes like you guys what and have more stuff. Also start getting out and trying to get sponsors that will throw in door prizes for us, like what U.A. did.

So what do you think? I am more then happy to do it again @ the Race Rock and have Streetline be the main Sponsor for it. Also I will get to see if i can get GM next year come down again and maybe bring some of there cars.

Let me know your input on this.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, May 02, 2005 4:01 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:ok this is what i say and let me know what you guys think about this:

1. we have a winter meet like in Nov or Dec. semi meet say and we vote on the city (but cant have it in Orlando)

2. we have the big 7th Annual Meet/Show in Orlando @ the Race Rock again in April as the Main show.

Also we all in each city raise up money for both meets and the show so when it comes time we can add more classes like you guys what and have more stuff. Also start getting out and trying to get sponsors that will throw in door prizes for us, like what U.A. did.

So what do you think? I am more then happy to do it again @ the Race Rock and have Streetline be the main Sponsor for it. Also I will get to see if i can get GM next year come down again and maybe bring some of there cars.

Let me know your input on this.

I will be the first on the list to say this is a good idea and i am all for it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, May 02, 2005 6:47 PM
Here....here!

CW
Monday, May 02, 2005 7:37 PM
agree

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:49 AM
Hey DJ, you are the one that got READY at @!#$ 9;00 pm, and the track was open till 10;00, so yo should have taken off earlier with your ass.
I say Moroso.!!!!!!!!
Let's do this.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 7:01 PM
DJ Ruiz - Yeah man, it does spool up pretty quickly We dynoed it at 248 whp

I'd like to be the sponsor for next year's event at Race Rock!!!

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:19 AM
Bump
Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:50 PM
agree on wut hated one said

Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:58 PM
yeah if we had it in like....October...say Halloween that would be sweet!!

Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:41 PM
Let's do it!

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:12 PM
We just need to vote on a date..and a place...So we can start plannin stuff out
Monday, May 09, 2005 12:28 PM
Lets do this. I think it is going to be a great Idea. What are some of the locations for the winter meet????? I think Ocala was one of the best shows we have had. 40 cars!!!! I think it would be a great place for the winter meet

Monday, May 09, 2005 12:47 PM
I still say Orlando. Sorry Herman

How about ...

Saturday, November 19th - 12:00 Noon at the Race Rock Restaurant (again)

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Monday, May 09, 2005 12:58 PM
i am honestly over orlando plus the other florida meet is there we should try and get other citys into this
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:17 AM
Tallahassee is kinda boring town to have it and the cops here are a pain.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:18 AM
Further south would be better depending on the date it can get a little chilly up here in North Florida.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:19 AM
How about Tampa -- there is plenty of places to have it here I would def. plan it (with the help of some others that would halp also)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:57 AM
I think for the winter meet it should be more of a cruise, and hang out.

I think the annual meet needs to be voted on and in a different location than Orlando. It has been there 2 years and has not had the best turn out of previous meets. Let another area try.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:13 AM
John Higgins wrote:I think for the winter meet it should be more of a cruise, and hang out.

I think the annual meet needs to be voted on and in a different location than Orlando. It has been there 2 years and has not had the best turn out of previous meets. Let another area try.

winter move it around to get more newbies in to the florida-j's for the orlando show well everyone that was at this past one loved it and not one person talked bad about. Just becuase the turn out was a little low doesnt make it a bad turn out. People still came and had fun. For the Orlando as of right now on the voting poll Orlando has it for right now. So are you saying if its here again and done by us you wont come? or you will get people to boycott it? if so then thats messed up because your going againest everything you stand for john in the Florida J-body scene. And dont be saying that though for sure i was coming up to your past meet to see you because i am mad at you, not mad just dont get how you are about stuff anymore.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:50 AM
One thing i will say there about 7-8 people no matter where the show was they still would not have been able to come to the show. I know there were a number of Car that came to Ocala. Of all those cars that came i can think of about 6 cars that are no longer owned by those people any more. So it is a little unfair to people to say Ocala when most of the people there do not own cavaliers any more.

all the time

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:26 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I think for the winter meet it should be more of a cruise, and hang out.

winter move it around to get more newbies in to the florida-j's for the orlando show well everyone that was at this past one loved it and not one person talked bad about. Just becuase the turn out was a little low doesnt make it a bad turn out. People still came and had fun. For the Orlando as of right now on the voting poll Orlando has it for right now. So are you saying if its here again and done by us you wont come? or you will get people to boycott it? if so then thats messed up because your going againest everything you stand for john in the Florida J-body scene. And dont be saying that though for sure i was coming up to your past meet to see you because i am mad at you, not mad just dont get how you are about stuff anymore.

Steve do not try and make my words say something they did not. I nhever said I would not come if it was in Orlando again. I was going to be there this year, but I locked the keyes in the car while it was running at midnight the night before, and my other car was not running right. The people who went from jacksonville went because I had got therm inerested in going.

As for no complaints well I guess you have not heard them yet. I hear judging was bad again this yead, but that is every year. We have always had that complaint.

As for the best meet we ever had, who cares, but sense everyone wants to give there 2 penies, I say the one in Fort Lauderdale.

Oh where is the vote for where the meet is? I have not seen a vote on here.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:05 AM
Oh well. I'm not going anywhere but Orlando. Just joking around...

I don't think we're going to have voting at this...right? If I'm sponsoring the winter meet, do I get to make the rules?

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:14 AM
frankmckeever wrote:Oh well. I'm not going anywhere but Orlando. Just joking around...

I don't think we're going to have voting at this...right? If I'm sponsoring the winter meet, do I get to make the rules?

I think we are talking about 2 different meets in one post. Maybe we should have one for the winter mee(if there is going to be one), and one for the annual meet.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search