Wilwood Rear discs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wilwood Rear discs
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with part numbers or guidelines for a rear wilwood setup. I talked to a rep yesterday and he said all i would really need to provide them is the axle flange specs and the original rear axle offset. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Wilwood Rear discs
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:21 PM
hm...have fun...the only way to get a wilwood rear setup it to make it custom...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:29 PM
i see. I'm assuming there are others with a wilwood setup. I was wondering about things like what size of rotors they were using and what calipers. and what custom work needs to be done.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:39 PM
like what does the caliper bracket look like?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:43 PM
as far as i know, no one else uses a complete wilwood setup...i have a complete rear wilwood setup, bu tit came off a showcar, and is the only set made...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:48 PM
do your self a favor and serach on here...there are 2-3 threads of wilwood rear brake information

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:59 PM
i have read all of the forums about it. Would you be willing to provide with your part numbers? or the axle flange dimensions?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:03 PM
E wrote:i have read all of the forums about it. Would you be willing to provide with your part numbers? or the axle flange dimensions?

ha i lol'ed.....i have all the numbers, and to be perfectly honest (sorry if its dickish too) i will not give them to you. for one, i spent over 100 hours on the phone getting them, and for two, a lot of them are the only parts left that wilwood has, as they are parts that were made only for my kit, or are parts that they phased out and only have a limited number if left.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:07 PM
How much $ is your time worth. I would be willing to pay.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:10 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:
E wrote:i have read all of the forums about it. Would you be willing to provide with your part numbers? or the axle flange dimensions?

ha i lol'ed.....i have all the numbers, and to be perfectly honest (sorry if its dickish too) i will not give them to you. for one, i spent over 100 hours on the phone getting them, and for two, a lot of them are the only parts left that wilwood has, as they are parts that were made only for my kit, or are parts that they phased out and only have a limited number if left.

that is the reason i will not give them to you...not the time. If you reread some of the other threads, there are a lot of people that have said how to do such a brake upgrade...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:19 PM
and you need replacement parts for them because.... or arent helping him out because....

ill help you out though. if your looking for something that matches the wilwood rears. this is the closest i can get you and let me tell you, it is a HELL OF A DEAL. you will never find them that cheap. and he did have the wilwood fronts on his car and this was as close as you can get for the rears.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=20&i=54680&t=54680&p=1

send him a pm and get them at a steal price.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:22 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:and you need replacement parts for them because.... or arent helping him out because....

because incase i do need replacements, i want them to be there. i plan on purchasing all the replacements a few parts at a time, and in a year or so replace it all anyways, well atleast the drums, and the shoes and stuff.... around that time is when i will be in a new(er) car and the fire will be my toy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:29 PM

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:33 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:

that is the reason i will not give them to you...not the time. If you reread some of the other threads

You are really going to be replacing you rear brake parts that often... other than the obvious brake pads and rotors. I'm sure those are not the parts that are limited quatity
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:35 PM
That makes me want to buy them from wilwood and sell them to you later for 1 million cajillion dallors. That is actually pretty lame man, not wanting to help out just to be exclusive on a mod you didn't even make yourself. Yeah, lets not let wilwood notice those parts fly off the shelves and give them any reason at all to think there may be some money to be recovered by just machining more...since the R&D is already done and paid for. Yeah, that would be a bad idea. That's pretty tool-ish

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:14 PM
Truthfully all I really need is the bracket which is the worst part. Its easy enough to work out the rest. I know this has been long discussed and it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. I was just hoping that you would possible help out.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:37 PM
if you cant, check out the link i posted. he was running the rears i posted with the wilwood fronts and they match really well. its a hell of a combo. they are the SSBC's which are a VERY reputable brand. you will NEVER find them cheaper with hardly any miles on them. trust me. one hell of a kit there.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:31 PM
what you guys are not understanding is that wilwood did not r&d these. someone else did. all wilwood did was supply parts...and a few of the parts they supplied were only made for the setup i have...and they only made 1 or 2 for each side. so if i give someone else the number to the parts, then i am SOL if something ever does happen to mine. the shoes are from a different setup for a ford truck i believe the guy said. but they only have like 3 of the drum/hat that goes to my kit lef tin their inventory, and the are phasing them out. Trust me that if there were infinite parts, i would be giving the numbers out left and right...but i gotta make sure i have what i need first...and since some parts are limited, i will keep the numbers until i have what i need...

to the OP, there was a person on here who wanted to start a GP on brackets that would let you use the entire wilwood front setup minus a part or two. search for "wilwood rear brakes" there are only a few threads about them.

read this too..

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=137423&t=130181&p=5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:32 PM

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:42 PM
yeah I read all about that. It's a really good idea, I just wish i lived somewhere near and could help out. This bracket thing is such a bitch. Viper looked like he is very close to the solution though.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:45 PM
Do you happen to know why SSBC says that their rear kit can only be used in combination with their front kit? cause i already have wilwood fronts.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:49 PM
they say that to try to make you buy the front and rear...i don believe that darkstars had wilwood front and ssbc rears

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:52 PM
OK well maybe I will just do that. well see. What other brake upgrades do you use on your setup? like master cylinder and such

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:53 PM
right now its all stock except the ss lines and the brakes...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:56 PM
me too other than the wilwood fronts. I am just curious about upgrades. I like changing things lol. Especially if its going to make a big difference. Plus I hear its an important part of a brake upgrade. I will just ask around I guess
Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:07 AM
that is darkstars kit i linked you too. he ran the ssbc rears with wilwood fronts like i posted twice. and thats all he did was just the brakes. no larger master cylinder or anything. just the brakes and they matched pretty well since he got the black powdercoat option done and painted the center hats black too.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:07 AM
I though that Wilwood made a kit for the rear? Humm might be something for us to make here.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search