Air ride mods - Page 3 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Air ride mods
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:01 PM
cool where can i find the OEM solid mounts?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:16 PM
what is your idea on the strut mount? because if you have easystreet rear air struts, the mounts should be a 1/4" flat steel with a rubber bushing on each side. the air bag sits against the steel plate with a rubber bushing in between. to me i also can not see a way to get it to go any lower also. even if you located the top of the strut rod higher it would not change the rise and drop height of the air bag. the front mounts i think can be changed around to get them to sit lower. but not sure what because i have not tore into them. if i get a chance i will get pics to show you. the only plus to using OEM's upper strut mount is i believe that they have a pillow ball mount. for us doing this swap with the irs it could be benificial because the strut is no longer sitting exactly horizontal anymore. i think i have not put it all together yet. after i do get everything all mounted i can verify if they are recommended.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:11 PM
cool i was just gonna build some flat stock with pillow balls but i guess its been done lol i just haven't found them. Yeah if you could post some pics that would be great. Who sells the OEM mounts?
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:31 PM
This is his GP for the mounts. You would have to ask him but I am pretty sure these also work with air ride also.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=40033&t=40033

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:47 PM
cool yeah i was thinking of building a set pretty much just like those cool thanks man
Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:48 AM
here is the easystreet rear upper mount.

and progress. looks like its going to work. also room to go lower.

and more pics will be in my progress thread.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:59 AM
outstanding job sir, i see you deleted the spare tire well as i planned to do as well. Im goint to try a way to set the spare in between the new truck floor and the suspension crossmember.
Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:26 AM
nice work ! looks like everything is coming along very well. How are u gonna be running the exhaust?
Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:36 AM
spencer- thanks, you probably could but it would only be the donut that would fit.

yeah- thanks. i have not decided yet. i thought about under the crossmember but i would lose my ground clearance for going lower. so it will probably be over it next to the frame rail. i have a lot more to go. so i have not really planned that far ahead yet.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:57 PM
you give up?

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:18 PM
LOL NOT YET JUST GOT SIDE TRACKED WITH MY HEADLIGHT PROJECTORS. I WELDED UP A NEW EXHAUST 2.5 WITH AN N1 MUFFLER AND A 20" RESONATOR. I SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO MOUNT MY IRS WITH THE WAY I RAN THE PIPES. TOO MANY THINGS GOIN ON AT ONCE PLUS COVERING THE INTERIOR IN SUED

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:09 PM
and im still trying to locate an IRS lol
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:10 PM
yeahidriveacavalier wrote:LOL NOT YET JUST GOT SIDE TRACKED WITH MY HEADLIGHT PROJECTORS. I WELDED UP A NEW EXHAUST 2.5 WITH AN N1 MUFFLER AND A 20" RESONATOR. I SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO MOUNT MY IRS WITH THE WAY I RAN THE PIPES. TOO MANY THINGS GOIN ON AT ONCE PLUS COVERING THE INTERIOR IN SUED

lol same here. ton of stuff i need to get done and i am polishing my charger instead.

Spencer wrote:and im still trying to locate an IRS lol

to bad your not closer. the yard i got mine from had atleast one other if not 2. and it only ran me $80 for everything.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 6:09 AM
yeahidriveacavalier how does your n1 sound with the 20 inch resonator mine sounds great with the stock resonator but when i turn the ac on it gets alot louder and raspier

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, September 08, 2011 1:46 PM
it sounds really soft and low at low and high end. im pleased with the sound of mine i just dont like the look of it. i also put the silencer on it and on the inside of the car i can hardly hear it. im also running 2.5 inch pipe from the cat and looking at either buying or building headers for it.
Friday, September 09, 2011 8:55 PM
well just located a rear suspension today for $100 gotta find a time to pick it up now.
Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:31 AM
Spencer wrote:well just located a rear suspension today for $100 gotta find a time to pick it up now.

woot yeah man join the team lol i got mine just need to find time to pull mine all apart and get to it lol cant wait to see mrthompson to get his all done.
Friday, September 16, 2011 7:03 PM
just picked mine up today, who made any progress?
Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:27 PM
not i. sitting in the same spot i was before. literally

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:44 AM
not me lol just havnt found the time to get any real work done. have you started yours?
Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:09 PM
mine wont start till after october 9th, but im already considering and alternate IRS, dual control arm setup.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:31 PM
Spencer wrote:mine wont start till after october 9th, but im already considering and alternate IRS, dual control arm setup.

what are you looking at? i havnt started mine yet so if you have another idea well lol. i took my dash out to fix a minor crack and it turned out to be a complete mess.
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:35 PM
no spoilers!
Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:31 AM
lol can't wait ot see what you come up with.
Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:13 PM
who makes the shortest struts for our cars? i just tested my air set up and i dont like how i bottom out the struts needing about one inch shorter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search