CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast.... - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast....
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:20 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:370's??? lol. u'll get to what 10-11 psi maybe? go get some 1000's and a standalone and make some real power

I have done some number crunching and 370's should last tyille 13-14 psi... tony needs big LOL!

we dont hate on him, well i dont.. sometimes he just runs his mouth where it doesnt belong

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:21 PM
Looks great and Im sure it will perform wonderful! Mad props go out to you.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:03 AM
Dustin Buchanan wrote:
TRD Cav, so you get SunCavi banned you think he cares??
I talked to him, and he says that all of you just hate on him, and everyone fusses about his car being gutted and on slicks and that is the reason it is fast.

It is not his fault that he went and built the tranny 1st.

Good luck anyways.
P.S SunCavi told you all to look for him in NDRA.

Well guess what Dustin. I was the last one who cared at all about Jasmin. Guess who no longer cares? I tried to get him to back it down a few notches on the God Complex scale but he's too important for that. He just told me not to talk to him like that. Of course I put it a much nicer way.

Why does everyone hate on him?
Cause he's faster? NOPE! If that was the case I'd be hating on GM but instead I spent 2 hrs talking to them at NOPI.
Cause his car is gutted? NOPE! Wrong again. Lots of cars at the track are gutted.
Cause he's on a slick? NOPE! See above reason. Slicks don't scare anyone. Just means he can't drive it on anything else. Doesn't make him better by any means. In fact I'd wager he couldn't drive my car on the radials. Takes more skill than his slicks require so he wouldn't be able to. I'd wager that if I strapped on a set of slicks like his I could go just as fast, if not faster, with my CURRENT setup. No LSD, No beefy clutch, No trans work. PERIOD.

So where does this leave us? It leaves us with the fact that everyone hates him because as soon as he went faster than ALMOST everyone he thought he was a god and could treat everyone like @!#$. Well guess what...HE CAN'T!! He thinks that the only thing that matters is the respect of his locals. If that was all that mattered how come almost every racer has a NATIONAL SPONSOR and NATIONAL FANS? Local respect don't mean @!#$ in the real world. Only in the underground world and in your ego.

Tell us to look for him in the NDRA? How about he watches for my ass in the NHRA Sport Compact circuit. How about he watches me race at those same NDRA events WHILE running almost a full NHRA schedule and doing other events like the Hot Rod Power Tour AGAIN. How about he looks for me in the magazines that he claims "mean nothing to him."

That boy needs to learn when to STFU and let people do stuff their own way. Just cause he's faster doesn't make him better by any means! He needs to learn respect for other people and their projects. He isn't the only one who can go out and do something that no one else HAS (notice I didn't use CAN, because we can all do what he's done.)

That is all. And before either Dustin or SunCavi comes on here running their mouth at me...I could care less. These are my opinions and as stated by SunCavi himself, we are all entitled to them. Don't even bother yelling at me on AIM either cause all you'll get is me pissed off.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:30 AM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:
Dustin Buchanan wrote:
TRD Cav, so you get SunCavi banned you think he cares??
I talked to him, and he says that all of you just hate on him, and everyone fusses about his car being gutted and on slicks and that is the reason it is fast.

It is not his fault that he went and built the tranny 1st.

Good luck anyways.
P.S SunCavi told you all to look for him in NDRA.

Well guess what Dustin. I was the last one who cared at all about Jasmin. Guess who no longer cares? I tried to get him to back it down a few notches on the God Complex scale but he's too important for that. He just told me not to talk to him like that. Of course I put it a much nicer way.

Why does everyone hate on him?
Cause he's faster? NOPE! If that was the case I'd be hating on GM but instead I spent 2 hrs talking to them at NOPI.
Cause his car is gutted? NOPE! Wrong again. Lots of cars at the track are gutted.
Cause he's on a slick? NOPE! See above reason. Slicks don't scare anyone. Just means he can't drive it on anything else. Doesn't make him better by any means. In fact I'd wager he couldn't drive my car on the radials. Takes more skill than his slicks require so he wouldn't be able to. I'd wager that if I strapped on a set of slicks like his I could go just as fast, if not faster, with my CURRENT setup. No LSD, No beefy clutch, No trans work. PERIOD.

So where does this leave us? It leaves us with the fact that everyone hates him because as soon as he went faster than ALMOST everyone he thought he was a god and could treat everyone like @!#$. Well guess what...HE CAN'T!! He thinks that the only thing that matters is the respect of his locals. If that was all that mattered how come almost every racer has a NATIONAL SPONSOR and NATIONAL FANS? Local respect don't mean @!#$ in the real world. Only in the underground world and in your ego.

Tell us to look for him in the NDRA? How about he watches for my ass in the NHRA Sport Compact circuit. How about he watches me race at those same NDRA events WHILE running almost a full NHRA schedule and doing other events like the Hot Rod Power Tour AGAIN. How about he looks for me in the magazines that he claims "mean nothing to him."

That boy needs to learn when to STFU and let people do stuff their own way. Just cause he's faster doesn't make him better by any means! He needs to learn respect for other people and their projects. He isn't the only one who can go out and do something that no one else HAS (notice I didn't use CAN, because we can all do what he's done.)

That is all. And before either Dustin or SunCavi comes on here running their mouth at me...I could care less. These are my opinions and as stated by SunCavi himself, we are all entitled to them. Don't even bother yelling at me on AIM either cause all you'll get is me pissed off.

I agree with this.

But, I don't believe he "has done something no one else has". Solomons car would be a prime example. Althougth he never completed the car, which he should slapped, lol, I believe his car would easily running those times.

Josh
SLK 32

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:07 AM
LoL I didn't get anyone banned! He did it to him self. Trust me the boy might have a fast car, but he makes him self look bad. First callin' me a JDM guy, a honda guy, and a guy that needs to make my car faster! If he even would know me he would of never of called me that. He just really like said about needs to learn when to just not to talk. He started it all, and he finished him self off. I for one am glad we are weeding out those like him that have really made the org a pissing contest.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:26 AM
Gotta love QBE's posts, LOL!!

Anyway, good luck with the project Tony. Just FYI, you will start stretching the timing chain above 300hp ( roughly ) on the 2.4. So you will have to figure out a way around that when the time comes.

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on JBO!!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:35 AM

That's the first time I've heard about the timing chain stretching. Anymore info. 2.3 chain and gears help?

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:55 AM
eek.. timing chainstretching!?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:26 AM
Quote:

I agree with this.

But, I don't believe he "has done something no one else has". Solomons car would be a prime example. Althougth he never completed the car, which he should slapped, lol, I believe his car would easily running those times.

but i never did dont worry tho, i'll make up for it in due time.

***Need an '00 or up Cavalier shell...stock prefered...email me and make an offer***
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:22 AM
i never heard of the timing chain streeching as well..eek is right, i know mike was having a problem breaking the crank gear for the timing chain system... as for 2.3 timing chain i know if you go with the 2.3 double roller timing chain youll have to get a new housing cause of the added width, which leads to another problem all your pulleys will be off youll have to make a shim to move the balancer out otherwise it wont fit, i was going to run this but didnt feel like dealing with it all at once on my time crunch

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:44 AM
wow thanks guys, I am glad we are learning of all these litle qwerks... it's nice that we can all help eachother out

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:44 AM
Quote:

SunCavi_L61T3/T04E
Yesterday 5:13 PM

Well I guess since you saw it 1st hand I can take your word for it. It looked like steel to me.
Anyways, the car might be recognized or whatever in the future, but until then, I would appreciate people stay of his nuts and if the man chooses, so let him post his own pics. and work and tell us about it himself.

BTW, all these boys with big bad Turboes such as 35R's and such NOT putting down any numbers. lmao
Only thing they can do with those is talk how they have a ball bearing Turbo that ain't doing jack in the motor but working at 5% efficiency. Hint (Phil and TRD)

I don't think I've ever seen a constructive post from sunfag in his history of being on the org.

good riddance and I hope he got a permanent ban

it seems that any thread he's EVER participated in his beautiful personality always shines through

he can think that we hate him because he's faster than us all he wants, but the fact of the matter is we hate him because he's a dick head.

for a while karo was one of the fastest and I like karo a lot he's a nice guy. It makes me cheer for him whenever i see his car at the tree

but when your a douche like sunfag, the only thing I cheer is for you to crash into the wall or blow up your engine because you're such a dickhead.

and btw tony is the owner of cars n effects.

he asks us to post pictures for him because he's not too suave with the forum code. His shop is awesome, and they def do quality work. I <3 tony

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:45 AM
threesome, I love tony too!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:17 AM
In the 7 years I have been around, I know of at least 3 people it has happened to. ( All turbo 2.4's running over 18psi ) Problem is 2 of them sold their cars, so the problem was never solved.

I believe the 2.3 double row chain or possibly cryo treating the chain are options, but noone has done either yet. Custom belt drive is an option too

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on JBO!!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:35 AM
Quote:

Gotta love QBE's posts, LOL!!

no doubt. lol if it isnt a racial war, then its ghetto bs. haha
im just givin you @!#$ phil.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:37 AM
holy crap......... so i definatly see that i'm not the only one that thinks hes got this big cocky attitude, cuz he wants to call me out with his turboed car, vs my almost stock one......
i tried to tel him that i'll run him at the 1/4, and he needs to run me at a solo 2!!!!
this is some real funny s**t though............. NEwayz

Sooooooo , how could the timing chain strech like that? it's a chain!!! i thought that they used the chains vs the belts (even though the chins are hevier) becuase they don't strech!!!!
but then again, they do use those 3 inch belts on blowers in cars that are 500+ hp!!!
or are blowers a complety different story??

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:43 AM
nice

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:35 PM
yea i hate suncavi too, he has some kinda issue with me because he "challenged" someone to prove him wrong that the LSJ motor didnt have forged internals, so i linked him to an actual GM web page with the motor specs. I hope he crashes into a wall hard as well painfully...

I've seen Tony's car before way back at some meet of Phil's it was totally badass then and I have no doubt when its finished it will legendary status stuff

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:04 PM
Jason McElvy wrote:
Anyway, good luck with the project Tony. Just FYI, you will start stretching the timing chain above 300hp ( roughly ) on the 2.4. So you will have to figure out a way around that when the time comes.

The only peron i have ever heard complain of stretching their timing chain bitchass "TRD Joe", everyone knows how full of @!#$ that guy is now. Stress on the timing chain has nothing to do with hp the motor makes, it only has to do with how fast the motor revs.

I personally would be most worried about the 2.4 oil system when aiming for big hp.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:24 PM

Got that covered

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:03 PM
The only time that Mike Karas had problems with the timing chain set was when he would try to rev over 7400 ish rpm. I dont think that it was really even the TIMINGCHAIN. It was always the the timing chain SPROCKET that was on the crank. He always cracked the sprocket.
The first time it happened was when he shifted into the wrong gear, and the engine spun to a little bit over 8K rpm. The sprocket cracked and put too much slack in the chain causing the intake valves to smack the pistons. The 2nd time it happened was when he was tuning the car with the Motec on the dyno. He took it up to around 7500 rpm on the dyno. On the drive home he was hearing noises. Pulled off the timing chain cover and saw the sprocket was cracked again. I think it happened one more time.
The sprocket would always crack in the same place...right on the corner of the keyway slot.

Mike did have a machine shop strengthen the sprocket in a way that would keep it from cracking which he was planned to use on the rebuild, but he never used it. I bet that he still has it.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:13 PM
I've always just heard of Timing chains weakening way way way way way way way FASTER then they do without turbo... that is obvious... but I mean way way way way way faster.... like faster then people think so they go before people catch them........

not hard to do for the 2200 but the 2.4 dohc has timing stuff in the head...... harder stuff...

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:32 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:threesome, I love tony too!

4some

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:30 PM
good luck with the build up.

mike karas is a legend when it comes to the 2.4l and what he did.. so we all should learn from him period.

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:47 AM
She's putting up a fight.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search