CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast.... - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast....
Friday, November 04, 2005 4:04 AM
you will need to get bigger injectors if you want to run 470hp with nitrous..

i'd honestly go standalone with 1000cc just to be on the safe side. no sense in spending all that money to grenade it.. plays it safe and tune it out. at the very least i'd run 660cc injectors.

-andy

'88 convt. sunbird GT turbo (project car)
'02 sunfire GT (daily driver)
email me

Friday, November 04, 2005 6:54 AM
Hypsy has just a big of ego as suncavi....sorry...theres my .02 cents...

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:05 AM
I dont have an ego, i dont track mine

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:22 AM
you dont have an EGO becuse your car is to slow.....

just kiiding (mind you this is coming from a guy that isnt even slow, My car is like the kid who drools in the corner.)

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Friday, November 04, 2005 10:34 AM
LOL...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:48 AM
I like ice cream.

sorry to jack the thread up.

anyone want an emanage since my 96 hates it?

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:05 AM
Jay wrote:Hypsy has just a big of ego as suncavi....sorry...theres my .02 cents...

Only Hypsy hands out business cards with "2nd fastest Ecotec in the country" printed on them along with his name.

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:17 AM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I dont have an ego

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:22 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:when this is done its gonna be Mike Karas who? tTony is shooting for over 500 whp as far as I remember. 22+ psi on a fulyl built motor, EVERYTHING is reworked.. and when it blows he goes bigger..

this is ONE person you wont say is doing anything special because in fact HE is... Mike karas car isnt together anymore or running that I know of so that dont mean Jack...
Tony do it and shut him up...

LOL, I didnt even notice that quote. Mike Karas's car still "means Jack". It has been over 2 years and there still has not been anyone that I know of who has put out more power running a 2.4 block & 2.4 head. That seems pretty good for someone who did the work from the garage at his house.
A few months after his dyno #s went public, I remember seeing alot more posts about people wanting 400hp out of their jbodies......That means something.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:29 PM
Lash wrote:
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I dont have an ego, i dont track mine

missed some.. I fixed it for you...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:30 PM
Adler wrote:
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:when this is done its gonna be Mike Karas who? tTony is shooting for over 500 whp as far as I remember. 22+ psi on a fulyl built motor, EVERYTHING is reworked.. and when it blows he goes bigger..

this is ONE person you wont say is doing anything special because in fact HE is... Mike karas car isnt together anymore or running that I know of so that dont mean Jack...
Tony do it and shut him up...

LOL, I didnt even notice that quote. Mike Karas's car still "means Jack". It has been over 2 years and there still has not been anyone that I know of who has put out more power running a 2.4 block & 2.4 head. That seems pretty good for someone who did the work from the garage at his house.
A few months after his dyno #s went public, I remember seeing alot more posts about people wanting 400hp out of their jbodies......That means something.

I have been wanting that out of mine for a long time now, and tony still has a 2.4 head and block... and those numbers mike put down will be beaten

besides why did he always hide it?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:41 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I have been wanting that out of mine for a long time now, and tony still has a 2.4 head and block... and those numbers mike put down will be beaten

Many people have said that they will put down better numbers than Mike K. while being able to run a similar set up, but nobody has yet. Its kind of funny, Mike was able to put down those numbers on a simple built motor with a Motec and a log manifold......low compression, Eagle rods,self-ported head, and the 2.3 LO "secret cams". I just do not see why anyone has been able to put out more power than him with a 2.4 liter 2 years later.

QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:besides why did he always hide it?

When was he ever trying to hide something? About 1 hour after we left the dyno, I had a post with Mike's numbers and his dyno sheet in the Boost forum. I also posted plenty of pics and a list of ALL his mods everytime anyone asked.

So how was he trying to hide anything?

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:46 PM
Adler wrote:
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:I have been wanting that out of mine for a long time now, and tony still has a 2.4 head and block... and those numbers mike put down will be beaten

Many people have said that they will put down better numbers than Mike K. while being able to run a similar set up, but nobody has yet. Its kind of funny, Mike was able to put down those numbers on a simple built motor with a Motec and a log manifold......low compression, Eagle rods,self-ported head, and the 2.3 LO "secret cams". I just do not see why anyone has been able to put out more power than him with a 2.4 liter 2 years later.

QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:besides why did he always hide it?

When was he ever trying to hide something? About 1 hour after we left the dyno, I had a post with Mike's numbers and his dyno sheet in the Boost forum. I also posted plenty of pics and a list of ALL his mods everytime anyone asked.

So how was he trying to hide anything?

Agreed

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Friday, November 04, 2005 12:53 PM
Good luck Tony. Watch out for the timing chain sprocket on the crank & and the timing chain tensionor if you plan on taking the motor past 7200ish rpm.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:08 PM
Mike's numbers were pretty impressive. I think Tony will get close, but he won't beat it. If he does, good for him. Anyway, Good Luck Tony.
Friday, November 04, 2005 1:33 PM
For all that Mike is claimed to have done i wish i could have seen more of his car.

JBO at its best, people claiming they will have 400+ hp.......

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:45 PM
JoeDM For President.

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:52 PM
It's not a competition. The cars running now, we're doing the exhaust right now and then it's going on the dyno. We're stopping when we run out of fuel. The reason I'm using the 370's is because they have been sitting here for a year. I wasnt planning on swinging for the parking lot a year ago. I was going to run 10 lb's and a 100 shot. I will be ordering whatever is needed to get the car running at 22 PSI and a direct port 100 shot. Reguardless what the car puts down tonight we're going to hit up Maple Grove tomorrow with it and see what it does.
Friday, November 04, 2005 1:59 PM
CNFX>vbz wrote:It's not a competition. The cars running now, we're doing the exhaust right now and then it's going on the dyno. We're stopping when we run out of fuel. The reason I'm using the 370's is because they have been sitting here for a year. I wasnt planning on swinging for the parking lot a year ago. I was going to run 10 lb's and a 100 shot. I will be ordering whatever is needed to get the car running at 22 PSI and a direct port 100 shot. Reguardless what the car puts down tonight we're going to hit up Maple Grove tomorrow with it and see what it does.

Good luck man, i hope things go well for you.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:18 PM
Quote:

I like karo a lot he's a nice guy. It makes me cheer for him whenever i see his car at the tree

That about sums it up if you can read between the lines...

CNFX>vbz wrote:It's not a competition. The cars running now, we're doing the exhaust right now and then it's going on the dyno. We're stopping when we run out of fuel. The reason I'm using the 370's is because they have been sitting here for a year. I wasnt planning on swinging for the parking lot a year ago. I was going to run 10 lb's and a 100 shot. I will be ordering whatever is needed to get the car running at 22 PSI and a direct port 100 shot. Reguardless what the car puts down tonight we're going to hit up Maple Grove tomorrow with it and see what it does.

Awesome man. Good luck.

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:26 PM
so tomorrow I can't will till the day after tomorrow to see the numbers !!!!

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:31 PM
I never saw a post from Mike myfault

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, November 04, 2005 5:02 PM
I personally don't think that with that mod list you will be able to top the 400whp mark. There are too many areas of concern. First off, that turbo is too small. Once you hit a little over 300whp it is going to be a restriction. Blowing nitrous through it will increase the effiency some but the exhaust is still going to choke on that little turbine.
The biggest flaw I see is the oil pump. I seriously hope that you wont be trying to rev this past stock redline. That oil pump WILL NOT suffice. You said you've got it covered for fuel so I will take your word for it. I honestly wouldn't even bother throwing those 370cc injectors on there to start with. If you are honestly trying to hit 350whp (I'll assume you are spraying wet so nitrous shouldn't need to be factored in) you are going to want roughly 700cc injectors. This isn't a number that I pulled out of my butt either. As an engine builder, you should know that there are rough forumlas for everything that you do that you can BASE your actual testing and tuning off of.
For injectors:
Take the amount of horsepower you want to make at the crank and multiply by brake specific fuel consumption (amount of fuel needed to make 1hp.) Assuming you car is tuned well, it would be safe to say .56 lbs/hr would be about right since it is turbocharged. Multiply those two numbers
380ish crank hp x .56 = 212.8
Next take the number of cylinders and multiply it by the target duty cycle. Since you want some room to play with, I would shoot anywhere from 70% to 80%. We are being minimalists here so lets say 80%.
.80 x 4 = 3.2
Last, divide 212.8 / 3.2 and you get 66.5
That is the lb/hr you want for you injectors. Multiple it by 10.5 to get cc's. In this case, it comes out to 698.25 but I rounded up to 700cc.
You would have an additional %20 to play with there in your duty cycle for more power.

DEFFINATELY get larger injectors and swap out the 2.3 oil pump.
Show everyone who is boss.
There are a few formulas to go by for calculating the correct turbocharger size as well. I can give you one if you would like it.

Cardomain|Myspace

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:48 PM
M I N I O N wrote:I personally don't think that with that mod list you will be able to top the 400whp mark. There are too many areas of concern. First off, that turbo is too small. Once you hit a little over 300whp it is going to be a restriction. Blowing nitrous through it will increase the effiency some but the exhaust is still going to choke on that little turbine.
The biggest flaw I see is the oil pump. I seriously hope that you wont be trying to rev this past stock redline. That oil pump WILL NOT suffice. You said you've got it covered for fuel so I will take your word for it. I honestly wouldn't even bother throwing those 370cc injectors on there to start with. If you are honestly trying to hit 350whp (I'll assume you are spraying wet so nitrous shouldn't need to be factored in) you are going to want roughly 700cc injectors. This isn't a number that I pulled out of my butt either. As an engine builder, you should know that there are rough forumlas for everything that you do that you can BASE your actual testing and tuning off of.
For injectors:
Take the amount of horsepower you want to make at the crank and multiply by brake specific fuel consumption (amount of fuel needed to make 1hp.) Assuming you car is tuned well, it would be safe to say .56 lbs/hr would be about right since it is turbocharged. Multiply those two numbers
380ish crank hp x .56 = 212.8
Next take the number of cylinders and multiply it by the target duty cycle. Since you want some room to play with, I would shoot anywhere from 70% to 80%. We are being minimalists here so lets say 80%.
.80 x 4 = 3.2
Last, divide 212.8 / 3.2 and you get 66.5
That is the lb/hr you want for you injectors. Multiple it by 10.5 to get cc's. In this case, it comes out to 698.25 but I rounded up to 700cc.
You would have an additional %20 to play with there in your duty cycle for more power.

DEFFINATELY get larger injectors and swap out the 2.3 oil pump.
Show everyone who is boss.
There are a few formulas to go by for calculating the correct turbocharger size as well. I can give you one if you would like it.

owned.........

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Friday, November 04, 2005 8:00 PM
he's not owned... lol it was some advice..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search