CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast.... - Page 7 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast....
Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:05 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
Jay wrote:and suncavi would be the fastest street cav at a 12.51, jeff #2 at 12.55 and hypsy then...

They may be the quickests street Ecotecs, but not the fastests/quickests street jbodies.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:05 PM
yea, screw html

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:07 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:So you are just agreeing with what i already said. It has nothing to do with how much power the motor makes, it is only affected by how fast the motor revs up. Yes the more power the motor makes the faster the rpm will climb while racing
You just contradicted yourself...
"nothing to do with how much power"
"only affected by how fast the motor revs up"
"the more power the motor makes, the faster the RPM will climb"

Anyway, you originally said it had nothing to do with the power, and was based on RPM
Skilz10179 wrote:Stress on the timing chain has nothing to do with hp the motor makes, it only has to do with how fast the motor revs.
although I guess that could also reference rate of increase in revs...but that would have been a contradiction.

Skilz10179 wrote:but the engine rpm will still not be able to climb as fast as a stock motor would at wide open throttle in neutral, and revving a stock motor in neutral at WOT sure as hell won't make it rev so fast it will break the timing chain
touche, I don't know how to explain that
This is going to bug me all weekend, thanks a lot

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.

Post Edited (11-10-05 2:45 PM)
Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:09 PM
no, adler, the correct saying is "screw not having an edit function"
but I'm with you

fortune cookie say:
Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:41 PM
OHV notec, quoting me out of context without the final point doesn't make me wrong, lol. I'm pretty sure you understand now what i ment a couple days ago when i said "Stress on the timing chain has nothing to do with hp the motor makes, it only has to do with how fast the motor revs.". I ment it matters how fast the rpms raise and that free revving a motor in neutral will always rev up faster than a car in gear racing down the track and yet it still won't break the chain. Unless you're putting more drag on the valve train some how it shouldn't be affected.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:04 PM
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:Joe...im going by what has been posted in the racing forum thread. Nothing more.

Oh and Yasmin...you received a permaban once...think your headed for a second. Good try though but Dual Acoounts cant fool people.

Yasmin Buric
(suncavi)

Last Update: Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Email: jburic@hotmail.com

Dustin Buric
(98dsm602)

Last Update: Saturday, November 5, 2005

Email: jburic@tampabay.rr.com

amazing how this is supposed to be 2 different people yet they have identical Email addresses and last names. Give it up man. All you had to do was listen and stop being an ass to everyone and you would have been fine. But you had to go an get a superiority complex just because your a little faster than other people. Get over yourself.

OWNED!!!!!!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:11 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:OHV notec, quoting me out of context without the final point doesn't make me wrong, lol. I'm pretty sure you understand now what i meant a couple days ago when i said "Stress on the timing chain has nothing to do with hp the motor makes, it only has to do with how fast the motor revs.". I ment it matters how fast the rpms raise and that free revving a motor in neutral will always rev up faster than a car in gear racing down the track and yet it still won't break the chain. Unless you're putting more drag on the valve train some how it shouldn't be affected.
I don't see how that was out of context....and I'm still not sure EXACTLY what you're trying to say You keep saying it doesn't depend on power, but then you say that it depends on how quickly the motor revs...these are related...
I understand your point with the free-revving motor being the fastest example and still not accomplishing it, but it seems like you're still saying increased power will put more strain on the chain (just not enough to strecth/break it)...

fortune cookie say:
Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:31 PM
Hey uhm Adler...

I didnt say that...lol

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:42 PM
Yea, i didnt realize that I quoted it like that.....That was actually QBE's quote

13.2 @ 108 mph

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:07 PM
Adler wrote:Yea, i didnt realize that I quoted it like that.....That was actually QBE's quote

whose is faster? darrens? yeah cuz thats SOOO street legal....

/me rolls eyes...

only other person I know if is you and mack... that MAY be street legal and dj

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:16 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:
hypsy(the12secondone) wrote:Joe...im going by what has been posted in the racing forum thread. Nothing more.

Oh and Yasmin...you received a permaban once...think your headed for a second. Good try though but Dual Acoounts cant fool people.

Yasmin Buric
(suncavi)

Last Update: Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Email: jburic@hotmail.com

Dustin Buric
(98dsm602)

Last Update: Saturday, November 5, 2005

Email: jburic@tampabay.rr.com

amazing how this is supposed to be 2 different people yet they have identical Email addresses and last names. Give it up man. All you had to do was listen and stop being an ass to everyone and you would have been fine. But you had to go an get a superiority complex just because your a little faster than other people. Get over yourself.

OWNED!!!!!!

Yall know that he does have a brother right? Least from what I remember . . . .

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:29 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
whose is faster? darrens? yeah cuz thats SOOO street legal....
/me rolls eyes...
only other person I know if is you and mack... that MAY be street legal and dj

Darren has a "race car", I have not heard of Mack running any times in his car, and it is definatly not me. Curtis Walker ran a 12.3 in his street car...Cav Z24. Full interior, glass windows, etc....

13.2 @ 108 mph

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:31 PM
jesus, you mean there's actually more people out there sharing that same gene pool?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:36 PM
IMO, if your tires aren't street legal then your car isn't street legal.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:37 PM
and Phil, there's a guy with an RMT 2nd gen running 12.59 on DR's with a full interior and all that as well, trapping way higher than suncavi... so some more traction and that would definitely put him over the top. But its his daily driver and he has several other full race projects so it doesnt get much attention.

And frankly, and i hope i don't start up the age-old argument of what constitutes a "street car" but suncavi is riding on full racing slicks and if i remember a stripped car... hardly a "street" setup IMO. He's fast, and sure he deserves credit for that, but he's hardly the "fastest street cav".

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:48 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:IMO, if your tires aren't street legal then your car isn't street legal.
I agree. To me "street legal" has always been a car that is capable of passing a state safety inspection AS RUN. So that means legal tires, legal suspension, legal doors, glass, interior, etc.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:56 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:and Phil, there's a guy with an RMT 2nd gen running 12.59 on DR's with a full interior and all that as well, trapping way higher than suncavi... so some more traction and that would definitely put him over the top. But its his daily driver and he has several other full race projects so it doesnt get much attention.

And frankly, and i hope i don't start up the age-old argument of what constitutes a "street car" but suncavi is riding on full racing slicks and if i remember a stripped car... hardly a "street" setup IMO. He's fast, and sure he deserves credit for that, but he's hardly the "fastest street cav".

he was at maple grove, and no he has never trapped over 106, his stock limiter has always been in, he ran 2 12.8's today and it's NOT a stock motor, it was a swapped 3400 engine it in running alky injection...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:12 PM
There are a about 2 J's I know of that are oldschool JBO'ers that only come here to "see" info if there is even any to offer. They themselves are running low 12's on street legal cars.

Maybe I can convince atleast one of them to post.

I've also heard of a couple in California and in Illinois! Hypsy/Karo you hear about these guys?

P.s- This thread rocks!!1!!!111Own3rz!!111!!!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:13 PM
JimmyZ wrote:
Skilz10179 wrote:IMO, if your tires aren't street legal then your car isn't street legal.
I agree. To me "street legal" has always been a car that is capable of passing a state safety inspection AS RUN. So that means legal tires, legal suspension, legal doors, glass, interior, etc.

How about passing smog ? Some states have Smog testing while others dont... for example in the state of Montana you can prolly run open headers and no one will give 2 rats @sses and you will still pass every test they throw at you just because they dont care much but in the state of California you do the smallest thing and your SOL......

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:16 PM
well... we all have a general understanding of street legal...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:20 PM
My understanding of street legal is if the car can be driven on the street for long periods of time, inspection sticker, and registration.
I ran on slicks, so does that mean my car wasnt street legal even though I could drive it back & forth to work, school, inspected, full interior, pump gas, etc...?

13.2 @ 108 mph

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:21 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:

How about passing smog ? Some states have Smog testing while others dont... for example in the state of Montana you can prolly run open headers and no one will give 2 rats @sses and you will still pass every test they throw at you just because they dont care much but in the state of California you do the smallest thing and your SOL......
Actually, yeah...I did say that wrong. I was thinking "passing all state inspections" but I typed "safety inspection".

So yeah, smog tests too. If you can't pass smog in most states you can't keep your tags and if you can't keep your tags you're no longer street legal. I also have BIG respect for the guys that maintain smog-legal setups while still making big power. What some people don't seem to get is that running at peak efficiency DOES NOT always mean you are running lean or losing power. Low emissions are the #1 measure of the efficiency of a motor...but that is a rant I'll save for a whole different thread.

So let's get more specific...

Street legal = any vehicle that can be tagged, insured and driven legally on public roads in the state where it is registered, WITHOUT having to get an exemption or special consideration for any state-mandated safety, equipment or emissions inspection.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:23 PM
Adler wrote:My understanding of street legal is if the car can be driven on the street for long periods of time, inspection sticker, and registration.
I ran on slicks, so does that mean my car wasnt street legal even though I could drive it back & forth to work, school, inspected, full interior, pump gas, etc...?

your car is street legal in my book

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:25 PM
Oh yea, I also drove around with no cat or muffler on the car, and it pumped out black smoke at idle.

13.2 @ 108 mph

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:27 PM
I got a 3 inch side pipe, no cat or muffler, but no smoke mine runs perfect.. LOL

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search