CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast.... - Page 8 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CNFX VBZ The Blue Beast....
Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:27 PM
oh, and I am emissions exempt.. I drove my car 4k miles this year

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:36 PM
My eclipse is street legal...

but then again theres nothing done to it....

Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:19 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:and Phil, there's a guy with an RMT 2nd gen running 12.59 on DR's with a full interior and all that as well, trapping way higher than suncavi... so some more traction and that would definitely put him over the top. But its his daily driver and he has several other full race projects so it doesnt get much attention.

And frankly, and i hope i don't start up the age-old argument of what constitutes a "street car" but suncavi is riding on full racing slicks and if i remember a stripped car... hardly a "street" setup IMO. He's fast, and sure he deserves credit for that, but he's hardly the "fastest street cav".

he was at maple grove, and no he has never trapped over 106, his stock limiter has always been in, he ran 2 12.8's today and it's NOT a stock motor, it was a swapped 3400 engine it in running alky injection...

Straight from his page, 12.59 at 114mph. http://khturbo.net/rmtz24/RMTZ24.html bottom of the page. And yes, its not the motor the car came with, but its a stock 3400, without forged internals or other internal mods to speak of. Since OBD1 cars are under different regs than OBD2 cars, his car is still entirely street legal. Hell, the 3400 probably runs cleaner than the old 3.1 anyway by sheer nature of more efficient head design and higher static compression.

To say that something is the fastest street car means it has to be a street car... a car that you can't get $500+ in tickets for illegal mods every time you get pulled over. Some states have fewer restrictions and therefore an unfair advantage, but if you can get fined or fail a state inspection for your mods, than your car isn't truly street legal, and i can't see calling something a "street" car if its illegal for road use. Hell, i don't have a cat, so I fall under the same rules. But you're not seeing me boasting "fastest street beetle" either.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:36 PM
Geeze... now everybody is making rules up just to down other people.
This is absolutely rediculous. If someone told me their street car was fast, I would not expect that they modded it and then got it tagged and titled and through emissions. Serisouly... to hell with that. Street cars are cars driven on the street, you don't see people driving fully caged nitro-methanol dragsters to work. Here in Maryland, you aren't even technically allowed to modify your exhaust or suspension. That makes turbos totally out of the question and you are totally stuck with wheel hop.
Seriously... come on. I wouldn't expect to be out of the running just because I put a larger turbo on my car or because I have larger than stock exhaust. My car is my daily driver and should be good for easy mid 12s after tuning is done. It is totally streetable... so much that I drive it every day. Not only all that, it passed emissions with the cat. Tell me my car isn't a street car (don't ACTUALLY tell me that, I am jsut making a point.)

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:06 PM
ok ok ok.....street legal huh...

I think the 2 pictures below speaks volumes about how streetable and legal my car is. I need say nothing more about it. And if anyone wants me to pass an e-test set it up...cause it will AS IS.

I run open diff, full weight, DOT approved tires, stock clutch, stock internals. Whats that about .3 seconds being so much better? Everyone faster than me has a lot more work done.

make sure you read the typing on the bottom of the long haulers photo. my car is def streetable and legal

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:07 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:and Phil, there's a guy with an RMT 2nd gen running 12.59 on DR's with a full interior and all that as well, trapping way higher than suncavi... so some more traction and that would definitely put him over the top. But its his daily driver and he has several other full race projects so it doesnt get much attention.

And frankly, and i hope i don't start up the age-old argument of what constitutes a "street car" but suncavi is riding on full racing slicks and if i remember a stripped car... hardly a "street" setup IMO. He's fast, and sure he deserves credit for that, but he's hardly the "fastest street cav".

he was at maple grove, and no he has never trapped over 106, his stock limiter has always been in, he ran 2 12.8's today and it's NOT a stock motor, it was a swapped 3400 engine it in running alky injection...

Straight from his page, 12.59 at 114mph. http://khturbo.net/rmtz24/RMTZ24.html bottom of the page. And yes, its not the motor the car came with, but its a stock 3400, without forged internals or other internal mods to speak of. Since OBD1 cars are under different regs than OBD2 cars, his car is still entirely street legal. Hell, the 3400 probably runs cleaner than the old 3.1 anyway by sheer nature of more efficient head design and higher static compression.

To say that something is the fastest street car means it has to be a street car... a car that you can't get $500+ in tickets for illegal mods every time you get pulled over. Some states have fewer restrictions and therefore an unfair advantage, but if you can get fined or fail a state inspection for your mods, than your car isn't truly street legal, and i can't see calling something a "street" car if its illegal for road use. Hell, i don't have a cat, so I fall under the same rules. But you're not seeing me boasting "fastest street beetle" either.

his motor is out of a 2000 chevy venture van.. I talked to him today, I would assume then its obd II, no?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:08 PM
oh and if im bumped to 3rd by another STREET car so be it. im happy to know theres more out there.

But im with everyone who says jasmin/yasmin/suncavi/whoever does NOT have a street car. and not just cause im racing him.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:13 PM
Quote:

JimmyZ
Today 1:21 PM
There is no defense or excuse for his behavior. If his attitude and interpersonal problems are commonplace in Bosnian culture, then he should go to where Bosnian culture is commonplace.

His problems began when he started to believe that having a car that was faster made him somehow superior to everyone else here....and started treating them as such. Fast car or not, his problems and his kind of behavior aren't welcome here and his culture won't ever be accepted as an excuse for his behavior. He was warned repeatedly to tone down his act in the forums and he believed that simply because he had a fast car that it would be excused. His attitude was basically "you can't ban me...I'M JASMIN!" He was very wrong and now he is very not welcome here.

I agree absolutely. Somehere in all his warnings he must have lost the whole fact that its his "attitude" thats the problem. Like I said before, fast cars... definetly get respect

but in Jasmin's case... he loses it instantly because he's such a jack ass. If you took his car away and gave him a slow one I still wouldn't like him... the point being its not his car being fast that makes us not like him... its his ATTITUDE

Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:34 AM
This is ridiculous.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:31 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:

his motor is out of a 2000 chevy venture van.. I talked to him today, I would assume then its obd II, no?

Phil, listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth.... The CAR is under OBD1 legislation. The emissions standards you are under apply to what year the CAR is, not the engine in it. Meaning you can do whatever the hell you want to it as long as it passes a sniffer because they don't jack into the computer. Different engine, power adders, etc. It can even have a CEL lit at the inspection station and pass. Besides that OBD is On-Board Diagnostics, its mainly referring to standards that the ECU and wiring of the car have to adhere to, and what forms of testing apply to it for emissions. Since your car is under OBD2, than (at least in Jersey) they would jack into the computer and any fault codes present would fail you for inspection. OBD2 readiness codes not being set (ie: right after you've cleared the emissions related DTC's) will also fail you. But anyway aside from that, the 3400 in his car is still running off of the original 3.1 ecu and wiring harness because it all hooks up to the 3400.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:44 AM
ooohhhhh... ok thanks jay

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:54 AM
so back to the topic. how is that guys car u posted about ?

Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:57 AM
he is still having the vacuum problem with the manifold (2.3 HO) I guess he is going to take it off on monday and look at it and try and find the leak.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:01 AM
damn, about time someone shut suncavi up.

Cant wait to see what this car will put down, on both the track and the dyno, Tony.

And while everyone is throwing in what their deffinition of 'Street Legal' is, I'll give you mine. DOT Street Tires (even Drag Radials) and a mostly stock interior (or replacements for stock..... ie: racing seats).....

and all this bickering about 'who's the fastest'...... thats what the Bash is for. If you cant make it to the bash, tuff luck. Its like dyno numbers, not every track is the same. My 12.8 held up for a year and a half as the fastest JBO time posted, on 'street trim', but at the bash the best I've taken is 3rd. I'm glad we have almost a dozan J's in the 12's..... thats impressive to say the least. Mike proved what can be done, and just like my 1/4 mile time didnt hold up for ever, neither will his Dyno numbers (for the 2.4 at least, the Hahn's have passed that I believe, with their EcoTec).

And to hell I say with the timing chain, to hell. I will use shoe laces.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:02 AM
i just read through 189 posts to look for a dyno vid, or something of that nature...and all i read was a bunch of bitching

oh well. such is jbo.

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, November 07, 2005 6:29 AM
right now we are trying to fix hisa idle problem, he has a 2.3ho manifold and they cant stop it from idling at 3500 rpms, and they have gone over everything a buncha timesq

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:52 AM
wow so all this time my car hasn't been STREET LEGAL.... @!#$ THAT !!!!!!!! STREET LEGAL IS FOR SUCKERS....... WE ARE MODDING OUR CARS TO MAKE THEM GO FAST.................... TURBO IS NOT LEGAL HERE ........ a CONE FILTER IS NOT LEGAL HERE............ A NON OEM EXHAUST, etc..............

My Cavalier wasy street legal for 10 minutes into ownership..............I had a cold air waiting at home I was just waiting for delivery of the car......

so again @!#$ STREET LEGAL.... cuz NOTHING IS in canada.... especially Toronto......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, November 07, 2005 8:56 AM
Hats off to SpeedRacerZ....

Someone call Ripleys believe it or not....

LoL....Get your car running again Brian....

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:15 AM
hahn is only at like 340 whp brian they have a long way to go and are still running a very small downpipe

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:13 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:hahn is only at like 340 whp brian they have a long way to go and are still running a very small downpipe

The Hahn Sunfire put down 403 WHP, 410 WTRQ.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:14 PM
thats new... I must have missed that post, thanks

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:23 PM
it was a big one with all the port fueler info that you posted in ^^^

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:27 PM
ohhh yeah.. nm they got it with the 20g

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:05 PM
rent a fogging machine and get some fog around the intake manifold and throttlebody. Watch where it is getting sucked into the engine. If it isn't anywhere, check if the idel air controller is on right or stouck open or try a different throttle body.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:17 PM
they are on the second throttle body..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search