Upgrades for 09 - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Upgrades for 09
Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:45 AM
Ever have any thoughts of adding an intercooler kit?What would be hotter than a spray bar on that huge intercooler?

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:19 PM
So Im getting a new DD ('00 explorer) soon.

Then I will get some charge pipe and some exhaust fittings and we can finish my project finally!

I like the progress so far, and I actually kinda like the bumper, really it grew on me after I kept seeing the FMIC in there!

BTW -- We just opened a new restaurant in Elgin right off 20 and randall -- you should stop on by sometime. Send me a text or call, I lost your number!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:21 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:Ever have any thoughts of adding an intercooler kit?What would be hotter than a spray bar on that huge intercooler?

Direct Port .

More goodies arrived today...

Let's get a closer look at that boost gauge...

Yup it goes up to 45psi. Now you all see why I need the sleeves and the BIG fmic. Now wonder how I'm going to get it to 45psi...the answer is soon to arrive .

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:29 PM
Are bumping up the compression ratio too? Or did that idea get scrapped?

Tinkles
v. intr.
1. To make light metallic sounds, as those of a small bell.
2. Informal To urinate.
v. tr.
1. To cause to tinkle.
2. To signal or call by tinkling.
n.
1. A light, clear metallic sound or a sound suggestive of it.
2. An act or instance of tinkling.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:52 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Not sure about the look of the front bumper yet. Hmmm

Jordan- MESH? yea right, the purpose of big FMIC is to let them be seen, well thats my reasoning anyway. Mesh=5 years ago lol

Werd, mesh sux!
See?

Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:15 PM
Tinkles wrote:Are bumping up the compression ratio too? Or did that idea get scrapped?

The idea isn't scrapped, just not in the works for this winter. If I get antsy with the setup and it's not enough, holy sh!t would I be insane, that possibilty might come back around as for now it's one of those "on the shelf" ideas.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:27 PM
lol you the man skunk! will be looking out!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:06 PM
45 psi cavalier > 20 psi cavalier

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:06 PM
Phewes wrote:lol you the man skunk! will be looking out!

Ok now I'm confused. Your last comment being...

Phewes wrote:this is a hack? sorry. use an urethane welder? its fast and easy to work with.

I mean I get it but I don't ya know.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:48 PM
bumper looks better then i imagined curt. good work. gauges should look nice in conjunction with the sleeves

Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:53 PM
Oh just you wait Stephen, there are more toys to come. Well not that many just a couple.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:06 PM
z yaaaa wrote:45 psi cavalier > 20 psi cavalier

45psi = a lot less flow than 20psi, remember pressure goes up with restriction, less restriction = more power with less pressure.

at 9:1 compression your talking over 600psi cyl pressure BEFORE ignition.

I dunno about you, but running excessive boost above 20-25psi is a sign of a gross inefficiency somewhere in your setup. A turbo of a larger size with better flow numbers keeps charge temps lower, Flows better, and overall will generate far less problems in reliability.

I see carnage in your future, not to be a dick or anything, Your car is impressive, but @!#$ don't go all ricer with your boost numbers...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:46 PM
Alex, I will keep dialing the boost up until the gains are no longer noticable, at which point a different turbo will be in order.

In the past I've increased boost in small increments and have had pretty good results to this point. I'm not sure about much at this point. I know that Camron built a magnificent machine with his car and with some tuning from me it damn near hit the 10's.

This isn't my first fight and certainly won't be my last. I'm fairly confident in my knowledge and skills when it comes to this sort of thing. If I blow it sky high so what, I'll have learned what not to do the next time. Such has been the case a time or two in my past and most certainly will happen again in the future, it's just a matter of eliminating the variables from the equation and only have a finite number of things that can go wrong.

You cannot foresee every possible problem, but what you can do is plan for the ones you do see and hope to hell the ones you don't aren't that bad.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:10 PM
Skunk wrote:Alex, I will keep dialing the boost up until the gains are no longer noticable, at which point a different turbo will be in order.

In the past I've increased boost in small increments and have had pretty good results to this point. I'm not sure about much at this point. I know that Camron built a magnificent machine with his car and with some tuning from me it damn near hit the 10's.

This isn't my first fight and certainly won't be my last. I'm fairly confident in my knowledge and skills when it comes to this sort of thing. If I blow it sky high so what, I'll have learned what not to do the next time. Such has been the case a time or two in my past and most certainly will happen again in the future, it's just a matter of eliminating the variables from the equation and only have a finite number of things that can go wrong.

You cannot foresee every possible problem, but what you can do is plan for the ones you do see and hope to hell the ones you don't aren't that bad.

Cool man, In that case I demand 500+ HP on < 20psi

Im currently trying to eliminate as many forseeable issues with my setup before it goes on on the 21st. But like you said, no way to eliminate all of them...

I wish you luck! Be sure to let me know when you'll be on the dyno or at the track, I'll be there for sure!

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:38 AM
Alex Richards wrote:but @!#$ don't go all ricer with your boost numbers...

I'm not the one running around w/ "GT" on the side of a Cavalier now am I?

Sunday, February 01, 2009 9:39 AM
I'm confused with your reply to me,was that sarcasm?I was serious about adding something like the NX Intercooler kit.Why wouldn't it be beneficial?

Sunday, February 01, 2009 11:55 AM
Huge ass tach, cut up bumper, Front Mount intake, bov noise maker on your muffler.....yup RICER!

LOL! Now get online and order that other piece that helps you reach those goals.

p.s. I have a boner right now looking at those sleeves. We should put them in my block.

and im going to keep on hatin'

Sunday, February 01, 2009 12:26 PM
Shawn, the sprayer yes would be beneficial but you asked what would be hotter than an IC sprayer to which I replied direct port lol. It might not look as good from the outside, but would be more of a power increase lol.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 1:07 PM
ahhh gotcha,just wondered if you had thought about it,are you going back to the nitrous,meth/alky injection?

Sunday, February 01, 2009 4:18 PM
Skunk wrote:
Alex Richards wrote:but @!#$ don't go all ricer with your boost numbers...

I'm not the one running around w/ "GT" on the side of a Cavalier now am I?

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:13 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:ahhh gotcha,just wondered if you had thought about it,are you going back to the nitrous,meth/alky injection?

I'm gonna stick to 110 for now. It worked last year w/ 7 degrees of timing advance over stock, I might have to take a couple out this year just because I do plan on increasing boost a bit higher than I had it last year but I'm stayin off the drugs for now. Nitrous is a slim possibility, meth has been considered but only in the event that I decide to run 93 octane fuel and need the meth for stability reasons.

Alex you had to know it was coming man, c'mon sayin ricer to me w/ "GT" on the side of a 2200 Cavalier. Yeah so you'll be boosted soon, it's still gonna be a 2200 lol.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 10:06 PM
Quote:

Yeah so you'll be boosted soon, it's still gonna be a 2200 lol.

thats 2200 SFI to you sir!

lol

I got my wideband squared away, its looking good for tuesday.... I want to see your car now in person!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, February 02, 2009 6:44 AM
Matt Linke wrote:I want to see your car now in person!

No sleeves for you to see tomorrow sir. If all goes according to plan they will be at the machine shop w/ the block. Other than that all the other stuff you'll get to see.

Monday, February 02, 2009 12:19 PM
Ok so dropped the block of at the machine shop, should be the end of the week and I'll have that back. Got a little antsy the other day and decided to do some work on the car...

And I took a pic this is before...

The after to come shortly.

Monday, February 02, 2009 1:24 PM
Is that black duct tape on the A-pillar pod?

Tinkles
v. intr.
1. To make light metallic sounds, as those of a small bell.
2. Informal To urinate.
v. tr.
1. To cause to tinkle.
2. To signal or call by tinkling.
n.
1. A light, clear metallic sound or a sound suggestive of it.
2. An act or instance of tinkling.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search