Y3llowCav's Progress Thread - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Y3llowCav's Progress Thread
Saturday, October 05, 2013 7:17 AM
So meth injection on S/C engines.. Does this have the same effect on the T/C applications? If so, who has a turbo build that has a setup?

Did you say my car looks slow??

Saturday, October 05, 2013 7:24 AM
Abe Jacobs wrote:So meth injection on S/C engines.. Does this have the same effect on the T/C applications? If so, who has a turbo build that has a setup?

Absolutely. You will see the same benefits with a turbo application. Even n/a cars will see some gains. The reason most of us supercharged guys go with it is because our intercooler setup just isn't good enough after its heat soaked and we are always chasing high iat problems. That can cause detonation and knock retard effectively killing power and possibly damaging the motor.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, October 05, 2013 8:19 PM
Ah ha! I see. The T/C guys on here use intercoolers to cool the air and y'all S/C guys are doing it for immediate heatsoak prevention.. hmm. something else to consider later on after I finish my build which is going nicely

Sunday, October 06, 2013 11:30 AM
100% meth doesnt really cool that well to be honest. it does ok but not nearly as well as water does. this is why i spayred 49% meth / 51% water. and got great results.

but anyways, we are technically using it as an intercooler as well as a secondary fuel source. heat soak prevention is just a by product, honestly.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:58 AM
Ok, well I like it! Keep it up!
Now I need a high RPM idle issue.. details on my build. Need help That is all.

Monday, December 02, 2013 8:23 AM
Update time!

First, the ugly snow performance nozzle was rubbing against my carbon fiber hood. Looks like it almost wore through!

So, yet another part that I had to replace with a better designed Devil's Own piece. This is a "low profile" design that works quiet well. As mentioned before, I also dropped nozzle sized from 2.77gal/hr(175cc/min) to 1gal/hr(63cc/min).

Next, replaced the old oil cap with a new style. I don't have a picture of the new style cap but if anyone needs to know I can get a hold of the part number. Here's the old one:

Then it was finally time to toss in these new injectors. As mentioned previously they are stock jbody ecotec length. Unfortunately that means I had to remove my nice aluminum injector cups and replace them with stockers. Luckily Derek was nice enough to send me a set. Thanks Derek!

I plan on making a new thread about these injectors, but initial comments at the end of this post. 2.9 and stage 2 belt were next.

Belt is tough to route without the fender well out. Luckily I have a lift in my back yard

Installed:

Luckily Oldskool was available to come by and work some more magic. The plan was to add a significant amount of timing but since I scaled back the meth and had winter blend fuel in the tank I don't think we were able to add everything we were hoping for. Either way it pulls REAL strong and feels great. These injectors smoothed the idle and low throttle out real well. I also gained about 2mpg on the way back to Boston despite being weighed down extra heavy, more traffic, and ambient air temps around 25-30 degrees F. Scaling the meth back was also successful; I made one pull without it and the AFR's were within an acceptable range. That's good news to me as it means that should something fail or I happen to run out of meth, it won't just blow up right away.

Overall I'm very happy with the gains on the 2.9 pulley and upgraded injectors. I will be logging some data at idle when I have time but that information will be put in the dedicated thread I plan to make for these injectors in the performance or boost forums. Lastly, dyno numbers will be posted as soon as I'm able to hit the rollers

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 02, 2013 4:23 PM
Great....

Awaiting info on injectors....
Monday, December 02, 2013 6:47 PM
now we need to get my build done hahaha

Monday, December 02, 2013 10:19 PM
When we get to start betting on numbers it makes?
Monday, December 02, 2013 10:22 PM
Im thinking of a number greater then 1 and less then 300.... 25.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 6:17 AM
tim adams wrote:now we need to get my build done hahaha

Affirmative.

Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:When we get to start betting on numbers it makes?

Rob Dotterer wrote:Im thinking of a number greater then 1 and less then 300.... 25.

All I'm hearing is jealousy

EV14 injector thread:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=191512&t=191512

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:28 AM
Maaan forget you and your lift

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:21 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Maaan forget you and your lift

Only drawback is that I have to drive 7 hours to use it >:o

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:09 PM
Funny....I have a lift I can use anytime I want to drive 5 hrs to use it too lol.
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 4:51 AM
Ohhhhh LOL, ok

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, December 07, 2013 10:08 PM
Looking good

Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:52 AM
Philly D wrote:Funny....I have a lift I can use anytime I want to drive 5 hrs to use it too lol.

yeah it sucks for me having to walk 50 feet to mine... pure hell!

Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:18 AM
Soon......soon......
Monday, December 16, 2013 7:10 AM
Hit the dyno again on Saturday. I have to say I was worried that the peak hp number wouldn't be what I was hoping for. With the 2.9 pulley I gained 2psi but LOST about 2 degrees of timing advance. I figured it would be interesting to see what was worth more; especially on an m62 setup.

Boom shakalaka!

250whp! Torque was 258 ft/lb at around 5400rpm! The blue line is from the 3.1 and crappy 42lb injectors. Red line is from Saturday with the 2.9 and new injectors. Obviously we ran it out a little further but it didn't really make any more power up there due to stock cams. This was my goal with this setup, so I'm really happy with the results.

JUCNBST, your signature made me want to hit 250 SO bad, thank you for the inspiration!

And now some sad pictures of winter

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 16, 2013 5:48 PM
okay okay so I stopped by, are you happy??!
Yeah, those numbers look great but umm.....Im here for the cookies and punch...where are the god damn cookies and punch?!

*now I have a goal to beat for when I finally get mine running again, and that's before meth! muahahahaha >

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, December 16, 2013 5:51 PM
Lol bring it! Got plenty of punch for you just no cookies.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:44 PM
So how does she feel compared to say stock pulley and a reflash?
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:52 AM
I didn't know close to SMG.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:32 AM
Philly D wrote:So how does she feel compared to say stock pulley and a reflash?

It's not even a comparison. I actually had some fun with someone on a 3.1 and the reflash over the summer; I almost ran him over in 2nd and 3rd and that was when I was on the 3.1. The 2.9 just blows the tires off if you let it rip in second gear. I'll try to get more videos, just been crappy weather. The tune really smooths out the partial boost areas and amplifies WOT pull.

-MD- Enforcer wrote:I didn't know close to SMG.

Yep, about 30 minutes away; I'm there all the time. Funny part is Oldskool still does all of my tuning

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:31 PM
Great numbers! Wonder what I would have made if I was on the juice. I like to injector info btw.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search