Coming soon... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coming soon...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:36 AM

Estimated Beta Test Date: December 2007
Estimated Beta Testers: 5

Product: Shifted ECU's

These are not stock ECU's with my tunes, these are a complete ECU replacement. I told a couple people that I wasn't going to announce this, but I've made some great leaps on the project and I figured I'd let people know.

I'm designing and programming a complete ECU replacement package. This ECU is based loosely off of the MegaSquirt, but there are some key differences:

1. Firmware/Software is not open source, and is a complete redesign of the algorithms in the Megasquirt ECU.
2. Processor is going to be at least 3 times as fast, have an 88mhz processor now, may go all the way up to 160mhz (over 5 times faster than the MegaSquirt).
3. Many more sensor inputs than the MS, you will be able to tie in all the signals to run the car
4. Batch or sequential injector firing
5. Ignition control
6. 2 Step
7. Nitrous injection tuning
8. Boost solenoid control
9. Water Injection control
10. Its not #7 OR #8 OR #9, its #7 AND #8 AND #9.
11. WB-O2 Input and an AutoTuning ECU.
12. Alpha-N and Speed Density
13. On-The-Fly Table changes, flick a switch, run in the power tune, flick it back and run economy without stopping or restarting, can be tied to Nitrous output for auto changes when the solenoid kicks on, etc...
14. Others as I think of them/design them.

As of right now, this ECU will not work on fly-by-wire vehicles or 4 speed automatics. If I can figure out how to control the transmission, that feature may be added later, but as for right now, its not.

BTW, this is NOT a promise to deliver, I may get a prototype up and running and blow my car up with it, and decide that its not worth the risk to others. I may also get busy with work and push this off indefinitely., however I have already sourced and purchased most of the parts for the prototype and I've begun coding on the first model. I do not have a price, or even an estimated price. Before anybody asks to test this, I'm not even ready to start picking people out, but one of the requirements will be that you've wired in, installed, and tuned a stand-alone ECU before. I only know 2 people here that have those qualifications (or have at least broadcasted that they've done that).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: Coming soon...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:49 AM
Nice man. I remember LONG AGO when you told me you were thinking about this. Hopefully you can make it work.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:58 AM
Good luck man...I have done some stand alone installs, but never even thought of making a custom stand alone. What I would REALLY like to see is a stand alone, that can still have the factory computer monitor all signals to keep OBDII in tact (for us guys in the OBD emissions states). But sounds like an awsome product...I know with your tuning skills, it should be sick! keep us posted
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:44 AM
^ I may have a solution for that as well, but don't know if I can legally implement it, I'm looking into it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:54 AM
Sounds like its based it on the router board that will shortly be available for the MS2 boards.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:04 AM
Kinda, but faster and having dedicated TPU's (small processors that do nothing but service the inputs).

I'm not saying its better than something out there already, but this is targeted directly at our cars, would come assembled and ready to run. I'm even looking into driving the instrument cluster and BCM so that it doesn't turn your car into something that can't be sold.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:24 AM
awesome!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:47 AM
I can't wait to see this!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:00 PM
awesome job Shifted! especially if it's OBD-II compatible.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:47 PM
Ron you need to get in contact with me ASAP!!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:16 PM
told ya Ron, someone just busted...^

LOL Tom, you OK?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:36 PM
good luck!

any help I can provide.. just say the word and drop a PM

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:45 PM
................................................................................................ thats all for now.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:57 PM
For all the motors? Or a specific ones only? Will the LN2s get love in this you think?

Looking forward to seeing this!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:33 AM
Yes, all engines...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:13 AM
BTW this @!#$ rocks. HPT can kiss my ass once this comes out. Knowing a little bit of his background he will make this thing some monster titties

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:41 AM
I think this is interesting. So is this something that will require you to completely rewire the engine bay? Or maybe just swap some connectors to plug into it? Also are you intending to pull the stock ECU out of the car completely? Sounds very interesting and look forward to hearing more about it.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:48 PM
keep up the good work Ron...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:43 AM
John Higgins wrote:I think this is interesting. So is this something that will require you to completely rewire the engine bay? Or maybe just swap some connectors to plug into it? Also are you intending to pull the stock ECU out of the car completely? Sounds very interesting and look forward to hearing more about it.

I'm trying to find the sockets for the stock connectors, but not having much luck. The worst that would happen is that you'd have to cut your existing ECU connector off and wire it into this ECU's connector.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:04 AM
.... i can get you junk ECM's from work...... would that help?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:33 AM
Shifted wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I think this is interesting. So is this something that will require you to completely rewire the engine bay? Or maybe just swap some connectors to plug into it? Also are you intending to pull the stock ECU out of the car completely? Sounds very interesting and look forward to hearing more about it.

I'm trying to find the sockets for the stock connectors, but not having much luck. The worst that would happen is that you'd have to cut your existing ECU connector off and wire it into this ECU's connector.

Are you referring to the ones in SpeedRacers second post in this thread: ECU Connectors

FU Tuning

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:16 AM
No, those are the connectors, I would need the sockets (parts that the connectors plug into on the ECU). I don't even know if they are available, I may try to cannibalize an ECU to see if I can remove the sockets in some professional manner.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:57 AM
I'll see if I can find the connectors & terminals in my Delphi book here at work......

Most sensor connectors in the engine compartment are either 480 Metri-Pack Series or Weather-Pack Series.
OBD2 & OBD1 connectors are in the150 device, Metri-pack series.
What your looking for the ECM...at least I think is the 150 Header, Metri-pack Series....could be 100 Header, Micro-Pack Series.
You can order a Delphi book free from....Damn can not find the link.
Anyway heres part of their online catalog.
Scroll down to printed catalog....its the "Global Communication System Catalog."

I hope I helped.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:29 PM
^ I looked through every page of that catalog, I can't seem to find anything with the long connector, double pin 80 way. I find ones very similar to the Eco style ones, but nothing like the older ones.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:35 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:I'll see if I can find the connectors & terminals in my Delphi book here at work......

Most sensor connectors in the engine compartment are either 480 Metri-Pack Series or Weather-Pack Series.
OBD2 & OBD1 connectors are in the150 device, Metri-pack series.
What your looking for the ECM...at least I think is the 150 Header, Metri-pack Series....could be 100 Header, Micro-Pack Series.
You can order a Delphi book free from....Damn can not find the link.
Anyway heres part of their online catalog.
Scroll down to printed catalog....its the "Global Communication System Catalog."

I hope I helped.

According to GM 97-02 use a 80-Way Micro-Pack 100 Series (GM part #12191110). The ecotec pcm use a completely different set-up a 56-Way F Micro-Pack 064 Series (#15357150) and a 73-Way F Micro-Pack 064 Series (#15357133)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search