Tookie Execution, 12:01am PST Tuesday - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tookie Execution, 12:01am PST Tuesday
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:07 PM on j-body.org
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/12/williams.execution/index.html

Discuss.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Re: Tookie Execution, 12:01am PST Tuesday
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:30 PM on j-body.org
Let him get it, there is no reason tax dollars need to continue supporting him.
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:34 PM on j-body.org
Yeah I also agree with the execution...Not much to discuss really, I don't think that you can redeem yourself after killing 4 people. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to many things, however I agree with the penalty in this case.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:38 PM on j-body.org
I read the story, and I count three murders.

I see a reformed man who will now die. An example for us all I guess.

I can't say to stop the execution, I guess he did the crime, now he pays the price.. The thing is, he was convicted in 1981, why did he have to wait so long to try and fight it? Why did he have to wait so long to die?

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:40 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:I read the story, and I count three murders.

I see a reformed man who will now die. An example for us all I guess.

I can't say to stop the execution, I guess he did the crime, now he pays the price.. The thing is, he was convicted in 1981, why did he have to wait so long to try and fight it? Why did he have to wait so long to die?

PAX

he killed a store clerk in one robbery and then a mother, father and daughter in a motel robbery.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:43 PM on j-body.org
oops right, I read it wrong, my bad.
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:54 PM on j-body.org
I think his anti-gang work is worth enough to keep him around.

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:17 PM on j-body.org
He founded or rather co-founded the CRYPTS so any anti-gang work is a moot point.
He's getting what he so richly deserves and I will not shed a tear over his passing. All
the lives that were destroyed by his gang are all on his head as the founder. He deserves nothing less then death its just a shame it wasn't done years ago.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:18 PM on j-body.org
So what message does this send? You repent and reform, even earning multiple Nobel Peace Prize nominations, and nothing? Rehabilitation means that little to us?

And if he's not worthy of clemency, then who is? It's not like he's going to go free. Just spend the rest of his life in jail.

I think it is important for kids to see that the founder of such a murderous street gang renounces his old ways.

I was listening to conservative talk radio this morning and they were debating this. They were saying that the blood of thousands can be directly linked to his forming the crips, and it will forever outweigh his good works today. Good point. However, a few callers later some guy mentioned that doesn't stop conservatives from parading Roe from Roe v Wade around about her changing sides on the abortion debate. She can be linked to the blood of tens, maybe hundreds of thousands.

---

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:20 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:He founded or rather co-founded the CRYPTS so any anti-gang work is a moot point.
He's getting what he so richly deserves and I will not shed a tear over his passing. All
the lives that were destroyed by his gang are all on his head as the founder. He deserves nothing less then death its just a shame it wasn't done years ago.

It's crips, honky!

---

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:38 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:He founded or rather co-founded the CRYPTS

do you mean this:

or this:

?????

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:44 PM on j-body.org
i think he meant this

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:44 PM on j-body.org
2 Nobel peace prize nominations... 2. Many others have sought and gained clemency, or at least a stay of execution (apparently there's some argument about one of the murders), why can't he?

Of course my opinion doesn't count as I value all life (especially human for those vegans out there who argue with me), and am against the death penalty in principle.

I am sure worse people have gotten away with a lesser sentence.

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:55 PM on j-body.org
Yep...because hey, if he was responsible for all the deaths laid at the feet of the crips, how many lives could we lay at Bush's feet? Clinton's feet? Regan's feet?

For them, i'd say lethal injection would be too good. I'd say we'd need to dropkick them off the Empire State building.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, December 12, 2005 4:01 PM on j-body.org
The way I see it, Nothing should be able to make up for the taking of 4 innocent lives. He, along with all criminals of the like, should be punished for what they were initially tried for, not what they have done in jail afterwards. Isnt it a shame that the people he killed arent around any more to read his books?

1997 Sunfire
WAI
pacesetter header
Underdrive pulley = STILL SLOW.
50 shot of NX
Monday, December 12, 2005 4:39 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:So what message does this send? You repent and reform, even earning multiple Nobel Peace Prize nominations, and nothing? Rehabilitation means that little to us?

Who is to say he is rehabilitaed... I see a scared old man that doesn't have a problem killing other people but doesn't want to take the penalty for his crimes. If he has truly changed he would have turned in his entire organization. Ended it all instead of running it out of his jail cell. Now he is in going to finally pay for his crimes. Our justice system is so @!#$ up. You kill someone you get convicted of it. You should be hung from the rafters of the nearest building instead of getting to live out a good deal of his life in jail eating for free watching tv and doing whatever else he gets to do in there. What really disgusts me about this country is that o god we are going to kill the organizer of the crips... We are bad people. @!#$ Jesse Jackson should be shot. His little crusade because black people are treated worse than white people is such bull @!#$ it isn't easy funny. I have to lie on resumes to get a lesser job because everyone is afraid of hiring a white male because they have to have a certain amount of minoroties. It is almost impossible for a white guy to get a goverment job because for that to happen not only do i have to be the best they have to prove that i am the best. @!#$ that. i am tired of all this bull @!#$. if i was rich i would have white only tv white only magazines a white only college fund and so many other things that were geared only to white people to try to make it for the white person now. Here is the sad part i am not racist. i am just one of many americans that are @!#$ sick and tired of this bs. i am tired of being denied a job because of my skin color. tired of not being able to get a college loan because of skin color. this is @!#$ bull @!#$. i just said what 90 % of white americans want to say but are just to chicken @!#$ to say. if you have a problem with it @!#$ off.

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:41 PM on j-body.org
o and while i am at it @!#$ being politically correct.

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:44 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:2 Nobel peace prize nominations... 2. Many others have sought and gained clemency, or at least a stay of execution (apparently there's some argument about one of the murders), why can't he?

Of course my opinion doesn't count as I value all life (especially human for those vegans out there who argue with me), and am against the death penalty in principle.

PAX

one more thing. i can nominate you for a nobel prize doesn't mean you deserved it.

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:26 PM on j-body.org
Jokr wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:So what message does this send? You repent and reform, even earning multiple Nobel Peace Prize nominations, and nothing? Rehabilitation means that little to us?

Who is to say he is rehabilitaed... I see a scared old man that doesn't have a problem killing other people but doesn't want to take the penalty for his crimes. If he has truly changed he would have turned in his entire organization. Ended it all instead of running it out of his jail cell. Now he is in going to finally pay for his crimes. Our justice system is so @!#$ up. You kill someone you get convicted of it. You should be hung from the rafters of the nearest building instead of getting to live out a good deal of his life in jail eating for free watching tv and doing whatever else he gets to do in there. What really disgusts me about this country is that o god we are going to kill the organizer of the crips... We are bad people. @!#$ Jesse Jackson should be shot. His little crusade because black people are treated worse than white people is such bull @!#$ it isn't easy funny. I have to lie on resumes to get a lesser job because everyone is afraid of hiring a white male because they have to have a certain amount of minoroties. It is almost impossible for a white guy to get a goverment job because for that to happen not only do i have to be the best they have to prove that i am the best. @!#$ that. i am tired of all this bull @!#$. if i was rich i would have white only tv white only magazines a white only college fund and so many other things that were geared only to white people to try to make it for the white person now. Here is the sad part i am not racist. i am just one of many americans that are @!#$ sick and tired of this bs. i am tired of being denied a job because of my skin color. tired of not being able to get a college loan because of skin color. this is @!#$ bull @!#$. i just said what 90 % of white americans want to say but are just to chicken @!#$ to say. if you have a problem with it @!#$ off.

Tell us how you really feel.

---

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:13 PM on j-body.org
LIGHT EM UP!

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:19 PM on j-body.org
Jokr wrote:
Hahahaha wrote:2 Nobel peace prize nominations... 2. Many others have sought and gained clemency, or at least a stay of execution (apparently there's some argument about one of the murders), why can't he?

PAX

one more thing. i can nominate you for a nobel prize doesn't mean you deserved it.

Can you? You have to be invited. In order to be invited to nominate someone you must meet these qualifications. Maybe you do.. If so, I'm a little surprised at your tirade

http://nobelprize.org/peace/nomination/nominators.html

PAX

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:20 PM on j-body.org
I agree with not giving him a stay of execution. The 4 people he killed are still dead, so it doesn't matter what he says or does now.

Like Jackalope, I agree that executions take too long. Everyone Tookie commited crimes with is either dead, in jail or has reformed. He's not an example to anyone from the original Crips. The death penalty isn't a real punishment, it's 13 years of automatic appeals, that can all be re-filed for another 13 years. That's why Tookie has been alive this long. 26 years reviewing how he killed 4 people.

It's my humble opinion that if 12 people on a jury are convinced that you're guilty and you should be put to death, it should happen quickly, and it should be televised. Let everyone see what happens when you kill innocent people.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:42 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:I agree with not giving him a stay of execution. The 4 people he killed are still dead, so it doesn't matter what he says or does now.

Like Jackalope, I agree that executions take too long. Everyone Tookie commited crimes with is either dead, in jail or has reformed. He's not an example to anyone from the original Crips. The death penalty isn't a real punishment, it's 13 years of automatic appeals, that can all be re-filed for another 13 years. That's why Tookie has been alive this long. 26 years reviewing how he killed 4 people.

It's my humble opinion that if 12 people on a jury are convinced that you're guilty and you should be put to death, it should happen quickly, and it should be televised. Let everyone see what happens when you kill innocent people.

yup, heres my plan, first things first, the judge rules if the death penalty will be given, then, if it is to be used, when the defendant is being read the verdict, in place of his normal chair will be the electric chair, all primed and ready to have the switch thrown, if the verdict is read of guilty, the switch will be thrown immediatley, if its not guilty, the chair will be shut down

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:54 PM on j-body.org
The evidence had better be pretty compelling. Like he/she vomits up part of a victom on the judge.. Something like that.

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:58 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:
John Wilken wrote:I agree with not giving him a stay of execution. The 4 people he killed are still dead, so it doesn't matter what he says or does now.

yup, heres my plan, first things first, the judge rules if the death penalty will be given, then, if it is to be used, when the defendant is being read the verdict, in place of his normal chair will be the electric chair, all primed and ready to have the switch thrown, if the verdict is read of guilty, the switch will be thrown immediatley, if its not guilty, the chair will be shut down

Ummmm, so what about wrongful convictions? Yeah this execution took too long but they should also have several attempts to appeal. There are soo many things wrong with the criminal justice system but the people correcting them have a lot of opposition. You have extremists in either direction. Those for extreme human rights, against execution and those willing to execute even menial crimes. There should be a time limit placed on the appeal process. Many just appeal to lengthen their lives. However, if anyone wants this changed, instead of bitching on a forum, write your local rep, senator, congressman, whatever and tell them that. Moreover, run for public office and start the change yourself.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search